Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
That looks amazing, cannot wait to put in my preorder

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I don't read/write/speak Japanese and neither does Tim (the artist), so I don't know if there will be a Japanese artwork set. :/

is there going to be a Japanese version of the insert?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I don't read/write/speak Japanese and neither does Tim (the artist), so I don't know if there will be a Japanese artwork set. :/

I can help a there Kurtz. Do you have a .psd or illustrator file I could work from?

Ukyo

20 Year Member
jeff, can you please update this thread in parallel with your facebook page? i don't want to miss preorder for the MVS kit when it goes live.

looking good.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
jeff, can you please update this thread in parallel with your facebook page? i don't want to miss preorder for the MVS kit when it goes live.

looking good.

Dude, you can relax, it's Jeff were talking about man! You can rest assured that when the preorder opens, he will post about it here, there, and everywhere and that there will be plenty of carts for everybody to go around.

Unlike other homebrew releases where the elite publishers make you jump through hoops searching the internet and their websites daily hoping that you catch it in time, chasing them down, and praying that they made enough carts for you to be able to get one and that they consider you even worthy of sending them your money as quickly as you can.

So just sit back, relax, and feel the Jamaican breeze...

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
You can rest assured that when the preorder opens, he will post about it here, there, and everywhere and that there will be plenty of carts for everybody to go around.
That's good to know. I'm really looking forward to playing this game...

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
This is lookin pretty nice! I'm in for a copy.

My sentiments exactly. I think I'm going to forego buying any of the NG:DEV reprints in favor of picking up this game. I'm sure it'll be cheaper (especially considering exchange rates), and there's nothing else quite like it on the platform.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I'll be game if it's between $150 to $250 bucks, but if it's higher, I am have to wait.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I'll be game if it's between $150 to $250 bucks, but if it's higher, I am have to wait.

I would be impressed if they got it that low. Something tells me NG:Dev isn't making massive profit on their games and building physical Neo games today really is pretty expensive.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Oh they are making a profit, it's just there retarded shipping and marketing "Department" that costs them money. It's really embarrassing.

NGDEV has to sent out for AES cases etc. Jeff just needs the shock box/brown box, and the board. He already has the shells for a limited initial run. So, I would expect a reasonable price to be at aroud $200 dollars, but it's totally up to Jeff how he wants to do it. I'll support either way, I might just not be able to buy. I have the cash, there's just other areas the money should be used for. lol. I wish him the best of luck. Additionally, the MVS shells can be easier made in house too, compared to AES shells.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Oh they are making a profit, it's just there retarded shipping and marketing "Department" that costs them money. It's really embarrassing.

NGDEV has to sent out for AES cases etc. Jeff just needs the shock box/brown box, and the board. He already has the shells for a limited initial run. So, I would expect a reasonable price to be at aroud $200 dollars, but it's totally up to Jeff how he wants to do it. I'll support either way, I might just not be able to buy. I have the cash, there's just other areas the money should be used for. lol. I wish him the best of luck. Additionally, the MVS shells can be easier made in house too, compared to AES shells.

So all that time developing, testing, creating sprites, working on making the game... you know, a game, is worthless to you? Do you honestly believe for one second it is the home cart cases that make these games cost so much?

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'd also buy at anywhere under $300. Any more and I'd really have to think about it.

For the NGDEV comparison - they're selling their reprints (cart and brown box) at 299 euros, which probably isn't so bad for the European buyers. It only hurts us Americans (and other non-EU gamers) because of lousy exchange rates. I'd like to think (or hope, rather) that Jeff could get his price down to around $300, but we will have to see.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Neobitz has just released the insert. Apparently he's waiting for the final design of the boards, pre-orders will open as soon as he has them. It's MVS for now, AES will only follow when he can get carts. MVS brown kit boxes will be provided if he finds them at a decent price.

382026_593090970715793_1686590685_n.jpg

Ok, now this is a very nice insert. Props to whoever did this.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
cheaper over time was never part of that original statement, but thanks ;)

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
So all that time developing, testing, creating sprites, working on making the game... you know, a game, is worthless to you? Do you honestly believe for one second it is the home cart cases that make these games cost so much?

Haha, development costs are never part of the actual price (if you've ever developed a game), when it's done in house. The price for development costs is what you deem the overall cost is for your time, your TIME again lol, and what you had to purchase to make it happen. I've done my own homebrew stuff before, made a few bucks, but nothing of this caliber. Materials costs are those other items such as cases, boxes, art, other employee involvement (Art.. etc.), etc. All those wrapped up, plus anything else I missed, is what makes the price for a homebrew title, especially one that looks as promising as Jeff's. The man can ask whatever he wants for it. But, yes have to custom 3D map shells, develop boards, and other focuses is definitely harder for a homecart release. Again, there's still items I'm missing, I just thought I'd respond to that.

I've got $300 bucks sitting in my paypal account now... that's all I can say. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This is Neobitz not NCI so he isn't saccing carts to make these. Everything is newly made, designed and manufactured just as it would be from a real company.