Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 701

Thread: Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Tech Support Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Dunedin, FL

    Posts
    1,654

    Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

    Pre-Orders for Knight's Chance MVS are now open.

    Visit www.neobitz.com to pre-order.

    --- old message ---

    We've been working hard on a new Neo game and it's at the point where we feel we can share some info about the game.

    Browse to our facebook page to see a couple teaser screen shots:

    http://www.facebook.com/neobitz

    The more "likes" we get for the neobitz page on facebook, the more pictures and details we'll post.

    Thanks everyone!

    Jeff
    Last edited by JMKurtz; 10-13-2013 at 04:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Krauser's Shoe Shiner

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Connecticut

    Posts
    240
    I like the screen shot. Is this like a new / updated Knight Games from Commodore era?

  3. #3
    JammaNationX
    Xian Xi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Waipahu, Hawaii

    Posts
    27,849
    Awesome!!!

  4. #4
    AESwipe
    TurboCro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Brooklyn NYC

    Posts
    601
    Great news! Can't wait to see more.

  5. #5
    Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
    lantus360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kansas City, KS

    Posts
    1,616
    this is looking epic..great stuff!

  6. #6
    RevQuixo. Who He?
    NeoCverA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    6,031
    Kickass Kurtz!

  7. #7
    They call him "Mr. Windy". wataru330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    jiyugaoka

    Posts
    7,333
    Quote Originally Posted by IDCHAPPY View Post
    Great stuff Jeff, liked on facebook and great to see more good things on the neo instead of drama and scams
    Seconded. Strong work, Jeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
    Innocence gave me confidence, to go up against reality...

    Analog_Delivery_System=*when you absolutely, positively,
    must rock every person in the room*


    "I don't think your kids should see us playing Joust in this parking lot..."
    -300wins

  8. #8
    Mitt Romney's Hairdresser
    Lemony Vengeance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley

    Posts
    5,070
    Parts, maybe. Effort and time into development, creation of the pcb schematics, sourcing parts and assembly.. All these things factor into the cost. Even if it's one chip on a pcb, gotta pay for that EEPROM burner somehow, you know?

    This all factors into the cost. Hell, after parts for my hacks I make next to nothing on them, really.
    It's impossible to be a nice guy on the internet.

  9. #9
    Fio's Quartermaster
    @Alaska-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Vengeance View Post
    Parts, maybe. Effort and time into development, creation of the pcb schematics, sourcing parts and assembly.. All these things factor into the cost. Even if it's one chip on a pcb, gotta pay for that EEPROM burner somehow, you know?

    This all factors into the cost. Hell, after parts for my hacks I make next to nothing on them, really.
    i repeat: that's a given, i'm aware such a things have a cost

    but your "one chip on a pcb" cost 36 $ with a full color printed cardboard case and manual plus soundtrack including shipping worldwide
    in the case of pier solar

    and not to mention there' was a team of several person involved for years
    seeing how the group is grown up with a incoming release on mainstream platforms i doubt they went bankrupt with that pricing

    not saying Kurt is stealing or something like that, or that the game should cost 36$, it would be ridiculous
    that's clearly not a price you can imagine doable for a NeoGeo game in cart form

    also everyone is entitle to put the price he needs to cover the cost and what else
    also his game looks very promising and i'm freaking in love with the art style and the theme which is unseen on the neo geo

    but you know, it's neogeo
    people buy everything you throw at them
    i just don't like the attitude

    and then the crybabies jump in " if you don't like the price don't buy"
    sure i'm buying the cd version, i don't need to enlarge any e-penis
    Last edited by @Alaska-; 05-17-2013 at 05:34 PM.

  10. #10
    Chin's Bartender
    city41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Jose area

    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by @Alaska- View Post
    but you know, it's neogeo
    people buy everything you throw at them
    i just don't like the attitude
    I think most people were fine skipping TOTC. People don't just buy things because they are on the Neo.

    But regardless of parts, cost, materials, dev time, that's not how economics work. Things sell at their perceived value, and many times that is way more than it cost to produce them.

  11. #11
    Fio's Quartermaster
    @Alaska-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    642
    Quote Originally Posted by city41 View Post
    I think most people were fine skipping TOTC. People don't just buy things because they are on the Neo.

    But regardless of parts, cost, materials, dev time, that's not how economics work. Things sell at their perceived value, and many times that is way more than it cost to produce them.
    this apply for newly made games/items or out of production ones?
    and it's in any case related to the product value itself? (game quality)

    because if that apply to the newly made games and their quality
    NG: dev games should sell for less then 100 bucks

    Pier Solar instead could sell for about the double the amount
    regardless the fact that both the products are supa derivative or exact replica of already existing games
    (Knight's Chance is the only fresh one i seen till now)

    at 400$ i would see much more value in a garou copy
    the reason why an homebrew can cost so much it's because buyers know the price will skyrocket
    (the second reason is the penis enlargement)
    and the reason why the price goes that high it's because the amount of copy made is always scarse

    i suspect a much more affordable price could be a boomerang for indie developer,
    with a good amount of unsold copies on their part

    unless, of course, they have a really quality game to sell

    bad developer price high and make small run for a bad game in order to sell it easy
    buyers are happy to buy crap since they can resell for the double if they find the game can't enlarge their penis enough
    other people would be happy to buy at double while their penis goes sky high
    developer makes a small/good profit and in the end everyone are happy
    Last edited by @Alaska-; 05-17-2013 at 06:48 PM.

  12. #12
    . SNKorSWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Haven, CT

    Posts
    15,154
    The reason indie companies don't make a ton of their games is because fear of financial ruin if their stuff don't sell.

    NG: DEV made 500 copies of NGCD Last Hope. It took them three years to sell those. If that happened with 500 ROM carts, they'd be bankrupt by now.

  13. #13
    H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad
    HMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canada

    Posts
    4,144
    Quote Originally Posted by @Alaska- View Post
    but your "one chip on a pcb" cost 36 $ with a full color printed cardboard case and manual plus soundtrack including shipping worldwide
    in the case of pier solar
    Your argument falls apart here. Pier Solar was sold below cost of production. The pre-order value was lower than Watermelon expected, but they still honored the final price.

    Oh and, Pier Solar came with a pressed CD, full color paperwork (lots of it), newly made cartridge shell and newly produced cartridge slot with custom anti-piracy and ROM mapping logic, not to mention the cost and hours spent producing the PCB...

    A realistic price for that game would be closer to $70 and that is as low as possible. More like $100 really.

  14. #14
    War Room Troll Poppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The woods

    Posts
    16,543
    Im sure there are forums somewhere to talk about sega shit. Our unrelated would be fine for that. War room too.

  15. #15
    "co-doxxing cyber-bullying criminal fuck up" Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Redmond, WA

    Posts
    19,545
    wuts goin on in dis thread

  16. #16
    Mayor of Southtown

    RabbitTroop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    2,668 miles from birth

    Posts
    13,910
    So great... I can't wait to get my cart. Thanks, Jeff, and congrats on the release!

  17. #17
    Southtown Cop
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW

    Posts
    6,566
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    So great... I can't wait to get my cart. Thanks, Jeff, and congrats on the release!
    This!

    Glad I upgraded to a standard kit from 'gamer' edition.

  18. #18
    Tech Support Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Dunedin, FL

    Posts
    1,654
    Thanks - It's nice to finally have it on the way!

    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    So great... I can't wait to get my cart. Thanks, Jeff, and congrats on the release!

  19. #19
    Creator of the Master List
    Geddon_jt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    1,286
    Can't wait to try this. Mine doesn't get here until Saturday, hopefully someone can post some impressions here before then.

  20. #20
    Edo Express Delivery Guy
    mahesak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thailand

    Posts
    331
    Great for good news
    Thank you so much Jeff for my collector edition at final time. I wait for your AES pre-order soon.
    "When I was young, I thought that money was the important thing in life ... now that I am old I know that it is" ..... Oscar Wilde said

  21. #21
    DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    NeoTurfMasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    SATX

    Posts
    4,265
    Mine was delivered today, but I wasnt home to accept it. I'll see if I can pick it up tonight.

    Cant wait Jeff!!

  22. #22
    Капитан Борода
    Teddy KGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location

    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post



    Quote Originally Posted by massimiliano View Post




    Takes something good to get NTM to post a pic.

    And drool to the both of you.

  23. #23
    Капитан Борода
    Teddy KGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location

    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by JMKurtz View Post
    They look great but I do not like the SNK logo on them.



    Jeff

    le geek - how about swapping out the SNK for the Neobitz logo?

  24. #24
    Rugal's Thug

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guyane

    Posts
    91
    Good idea.

  25. #25
    Southtown Cop
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW

    Posts
    6,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy KGB View Post
    le geek - how about swapping out the SNK for the Neobitz logo?
    Was thinking the same. Will be using one for sure but the SNK logo definitely needs to be removed .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •