Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
cycles manually no problem with the game select button, but when you walk away from the cab, at least in my experience, it does not cycle.

I hoped it cycled automatically, not just manually. Jeff, any thoughts??

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
IIRC KotM in freeplay doesn't cycle automatically. Is the cab set on freeplay?

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member

My cab is set to freeplay. But I don't have Knight's Chance to test :)

This one cab is loaded with NG Dev games! No problem with automatic cycle. I'll know more once I receive Knight's Chance since I barely ordered tonight.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

King of the Monsters gets stuck in compulsion when it's in Free Play, so it's actually a lot worse. It will sit on the start screen in 30 second countdown, then drop into a game, rinse-repeat.

This sounds like a different problem. When my cart gets here I'll run it through some combos in a multi-slot. If it's playing the attract screen, at least, that's way more compatible than KotM in free play ;)

If it doesn't swap games at all, free play or not, then that's similar to the NG Dev titles. Most of them have trouble in multi cart configurations. I was actually wondering if anyone tried that yet. I'll run it through some combos when my cart gets here.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's a great video review, thanks for sharing it.

Really looking forward to my copy arriving!

Elder

NEST Puppet
Glad you guys enjoyed the review :)

I'm having a blast with the game.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
King of the Monsters gets stuck in compulsion when it's in Free Play, so it's actually a lot worse. It will sit on the start screen in 30 second countdown, then drop into a game, rinse-repeat.

This sounds like a different problem. When my cart gets here I'll run it through some combos in a multi-slot. If it's playing the attract screen, at least, that's way more compatible than KotM in free play ;)

If it doesn't swap games at all, free play or not, then that's similar to the NG Dev titles. Most of them have trouble in multi cart configurations. I was actually wondering if anyone tried that yet. I'll run it through some combos when my cart gets here.

Yeah, tried with free play and without, same result.

I have all the ngdev releases, but have only tried pairing KC with NEO XYX so far. They play nice together, save for the cycling issue.

You are right though, there are a bunch of cart configurations with ngdev titles that don't work at all. Especially with late release, larger meg counts games.

The fact that KC doesn't cycle with Pulstar confirms its not just a NGdev combo issue though.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
I love the visuals, sound and presentation...but I just can't enjoy a gambling game. I know if I buy it, I would put it on the shelf in 10 minutes. Great looking game though.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
My Knight's Chance isn't cycling in my 2 slot, it's currently paired with Metal Slug 4. Im kinda ok with it for now though, the attract is so good.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Awesome stuff.....I can't wait to see a nice review on it.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Hey Pipes, I posted my review earlier this morning. Not sure if it's nice or not :-P Just scroll above to check out the vid.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Hey Pipes, I posted my review earlier this morning. Not sure if it's nice or not :-P Just scroll above to check out the vid.

Shoot, I totally missed that. It's a fantastic review actually.....great stuff! Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Elder

NEST Puppet
Shoot, I totally missed that. It's a fantastic review actually.....great stuff! Thanks for taking the time to do that.

No prob dude. I'm trying to give Jeff as much publicity as possible. The more people who check out these games, the more our odds of getting new ones increase :) Glad you enjoyed the review.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The game is 132 Megs. The old photos were mock ups before we knew the final count.

Let me know if you need some artwork for the shock insert. I can provide you with nice clean logos and whatnot so that you don't have to spend hours cleaning up scanned images. Drop me an email at jkurtz01@gmail.com.

Jeff

Hey JMKurtz,

Is the final Meg count 132, or 202?
http://neobitz.com/KnightsChance

I want to make sure my Shock inserts are legit...

Thanks!,
Ben

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I did test game cycling with the select button but I don't think I ever tested it with it just sitting there to see what it would do.

Jeff

I hoped it cycled automatically, not just manually. Jeff, any thoughts??

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Thanks! Paiku already hooked me up :mr_t:

EDIT: SHOCK inserts (now with the correct Meg count) are here (http://www.legeekretrogaming.com/geekblog/?page_id=245) if anyone wants 'em.

Cheers,
Ben

The game is 132 Megs. The old photos were mock ups before we knew the final count.

Let me know if you need some artwork for the shock insert. I can provide you with nice clean logos and whatnot so that you don't have to spend hours cleaning up scanned images. Drop me an email at jkurtz01@gmail.com.

Jeff

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
They look great but I do not like the SNK logo on them.

Jeff