Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
In for the CE, hooked by the gameplay sampler, between the music, art and overall style it just felt wrong not to buy.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Knight's Chance MVS CE kits have started shipping.

You should get an email from USPS when your order is being prepared to ship and I hope to have all orders shipped out over the next two weeks.

Thanks,
Jeff

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member

You should get an email from USPS when your order is being prepared to ship and I hope to have all orders shipped out over the next two weeks.

Thanks,
Jeff

Yay! Can't wait.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug

Thanks,
Jeff

Sweet, how about the Gamer's Edition, do you have an ETA for that one?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
So great... I can't wait to get my cart. Thanks, Jeff, and congrats on the release!

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Everything is boxed and ready to go - I just need to create shipping labels and take them to the post office. I'm probably 1/2 way through orders now so I estimate that I'll be caught up next week.

Sweet, how about the Gamer's Edition, do you have an ETA for that one?

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Can't wait to try this. Mine doesn't get here until Saturday, hopefully someone can post some impressions here before then.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Great for good news :)
Thank you so much Jeff for my collector edition at final time. I wait for your AES pre-order soon.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Mine was delivered today, but I wasnt home to accept it. I'll see if I can pick it up tonight.

Cant wait Jeff!!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure you play with a nice loud volume, the music rocks.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Jeff having played the game last night for several hours I have to say very well done, you should be very proud of what you accomplished. It has the feel of some of the earlier Neo games in it's simplicity and animation, which I find very refreshing. Had it been released back in the day I could see this being very well received in the arcades, especially in bars. I'm sure with some fenagling this could be setup as an actual gambling cart, much like the the Stakes Winner series, complete with payout.

That being said not only did I have fun playing it but my kids did as well, and they're both under the age of 10. With them having grown up on Wii, Wii U, Xbox and phone/tablet games, the fact that this type of game kept their attention and enjoyment says a lot.

The dice, blackjack and matching games have us hooked. I never was very good at poker, so that one not so much, but again, thats just cause I suck at it.

I look forward to future releases coming from you, and again, for your first release, well done. The fact that you kept us in the loop and informed on the manufacturing, assembly and shipping status was also a plus.

One thing of note after playing for a few hours we did have the music stop in the dice game, not sure if that was by design or not. Also, the animation in blackjack stopped (the strung up guy no longer moving in the background) but the game was still playable. A soft reboot with the Universe BIOS didn't fix the problem, but removing and reinserting the cart seems to have done the trick. I haven't used my Omega in a while so it could have just been some dust in the cart slot so I used an air can to clean it out.

Also is the rain animation at the intro supposed to have horizontal rain as well? Not sure if I noticed that the first time we booted the cart or not.

All in all, again really great job on your part and I feel very lucky to have cart # 0001.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How many hours exactly? I just played my copy for 4 hours and my music is still going.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
How many hours exactly? I just played my copy for 4 hours and my music is still going.

Hmm, played for at least an hour and a half, then took a break to eat dinner but left the Neo on. Came back to it about an hour later and noticed the music would stop after starting Mystic Dice.

Weirder than that was the lack of background animation in Demon's Hold. Funny thing is I just saw one of the demo videos on YouTube for Knight's Chance and it looks like t one point there wasn't any movement of the middle figure at one point in the build.

Removing the cart and reinserting it seems to have done the trick last night. I haven't played it again today but will try tonight if time permits.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
There are two different backgrounds for Demon's Hold - one with the prisoner moving, one without. I wondered if anyone would notice :)

Jeff

Hmm, played for at least an hour and a half, then took a break to eat dinner but left the Neo on. Came back to it about an hour later and noticed the music would stop after starting Mystic Dice.

Weirder than that was the lack of background animation in Demon's Hold. Funny thing is I just saw one of the demo videos on YouTube for Knight's Chance and it looks like t one point there wasn't any movement of the middle figure at one point in the build.

Removing the cart and reinserting it seems to have done the trick last night. I haven't played it again today but will try tonight if time permits.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The music cutting out could have been a Z80 error. You'll see them occasionally if a cart, or your slots need cleaning, or if the cart simply isn't seated correctly.

Is it possible the system was bumped? That could have done it too. If it keeps happening, something could be crashing the sound, but if it was a one off thing it was probably nothing :) Something to keep an eye on, though. Jeff, do you have a way to flash updates on these carts if there are problems found, like the NG Dev Team carts? I missed mention if there would be possible updates for fixes/improvements over time. Not that I'd hold you to it either way ;) Not like SNK ever fixed their bugs...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The sound cutting out entirely means there's a connection issue between the M1 ROM and the Z80. That usually happens on AES as the system does not contain a SM1 ROM. I find it never happens on MVS, at least with SNK made games. Could just be that Knight's Chance uses its own M1 ROM code.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Post your high scores for mystic dice, I want to see my competition.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Want to beat Massi to the punch. Great game Jeff!

0nSgpfI.jpg

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Huzzah! I had some weird graphics glitches at first, but rubbed the contacts down with some alcohol and put it back in and it worked!
rx0dQna.jpg

Last edited: