Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You are right, if a game is worth 400$ i should sell my boxes for 20$ each.
I'm not saying it should be free, but this people is stealing money.
There is no other example of indie/homebrew games sold for so much money, on any system.
Anyway, if you think 400$ it's ok, buy it, i won't.
Sorry for the OT...

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
if Pier Solar was on Neogeo with all the awesomeness of package it has, it would cost mmm.. 700$ for sure... P___P

of course a megadrive game is technologically much more simple to build from the ground up

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There is no other example of indie/homebrew games sold for so much money, on any system.
Sorry for the OT...

You totally missed my point. The price is due to the cost to make the hardware for such a small run of games. A pressed CD is way cheaper than making a cart. Free games are free because they have advertisements in the game which pay the games creator. If something costs a lot to make, would you want to take a loss on it?

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I can't believe the different cost between a cd and a cart is about 380$ each copy...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Spoiler:
uPVb2ox.jpg

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Sorry for the OT...

They are free to charge whatever they want, that's the beauty of a free market. They are looking to maximize their sales, and will price accordingly.

No other indie/homebrew scene is in quite the same situation as the Neo.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They are free to charge whatever they want, that's the beauty of a free market. They are looking to maximize their sales, and will price accordingly.

No other indie/homebrew scene is in quite the same situation as the Neo.

Look at the SNES/genesis repro market, some games are $100 and that cart only has 1 ROM chip in it. The Neo has a bare minimum of 6 and as much as 16. Plus this isn't using sac carts, these are newly design and produced game PCBs.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Look at the SNES/genesis repro market, some games are $100 and that cart only has 1 ROM chip in it. The Neo has a bare minimum of 6 and as much as 16. Plus this isn't using sac carts, these are newly design and produced game PCBs.

they are thieves

no snes repro should cost more then 40$
unless it's Star Fox or similar which would require a little bit of skills and patience to get the chip in place

let's say Zelda BS is something even a kid can do and the net is plenty of guideline for doing that
It's no rocket science

Neo hardware is a whole different thing but you must admit most of the price is brand-related
"collectors" even need a perfect replica of shells etc which needs to travel the world and keep stuck in custom for years

when a simple and custom package would take less and cheap to build (see pier solar case)
(and when you think about it it's still ridiculous the game sells for 36 $ including shipping)

of course nobody would buy it since they just need the game to take place on their shelves and stop
:oh_no:

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
They are thieves because they are selling shit that doesn't belong to them. As for the price itself though, if you don't like it don't pay it. If enough people do that, they lower their prices.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
They are thieves because they are selling shit that doesn't belong to them. As for the price itself though, if you don't like it don't pay it. If enough people do that, they lower their prices.

that's another good point
but people wont stop buying them,

they only care about adding shit to their collections
shit which won't even go into cart slot

if you think about s-everdrive exist those conversion are completely garbage from whatever point of view one could have

unless you need an extremely large e-penis

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
no snes repro should cost more then 40$
unless it's Star Fox or similar which would require a little bit of skills and patience to get the chip in place

let's say Zelda BS is something even a kid can do and the net is plenty of guideline for doing that
It's no rocket science

Neo hardware is a whole different thing but you must admit most of the price is brand-related
"collectors" even need a perfect replica of shells etc which needs to travel the world and keep stuck in custom for years

when a simple and custom package would take less and cheap to build (see pier solar case)
(and when you think about it it's still ridiculous the game sells for 36 $ including shipping)

of course nobody would buy it since they just need the game to take place on their shelves and stop
:oh_no:

you really have no idea what goes into them, do you?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Parts, maybe. Effort and time into development, creation of the pcb schematics, sourcing parts and assembly.. All these things factor into the cost. Even if it's one chip on a pcb, gotta pay for that EEPROM burner somehow, you know?

This all factors into the cost. Hell, after parts for my hacks I make next to nothing on them, really.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Parts, maybe. Effort and time into development, creation of the pcb schematics, sourcing parts and assembly.. All these things factor into the cost. Even if it's one chip on a pcb, gotta pay for that EEPROM burner somehow, you know?

This all factors into the cost. Hell, after parts for my hacks I make next to nothing on them, really.

i repeat: that's a given, i'm aware such a things have a cost

but your "one chip on a pcb" cost 36 $ with a full color printed cardboard case and manual plus soundtrack including shipping worldwide
in the case of pier solar

and not to mention there' was a team of several person involved for years
seeing how the group is grown up with a incoming release on mainstream platforms i doubt they went bankrupt with that pricing

not saying Kurt is stealing or something like that, or that the game should cost 36$, it would be ridiculous
that's clearly not a price you can imagine doable for a NeoGeo game in cart form

also everyone is entitle to put the price he needs to cover the cost and what else
also his game looks very promising and i'm freaking in love with the art style and the theme which is unseen on the neo geo

but you know, it's neogeo
people buy everything you throw at them
i just don't like the attitude

and then the crybabies jump in " if you don't like the price don't buy"
sure i'm buying the cd version, i don't need to enlarge any e-penis

Last edited:

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
but you know, it's neogeo
people buy everything you throw at them
i just don't like the attitude

I think most people were fine skipping TOTC. People don't just buy things because they are on the Neo.

But regardless of parts, cost, materials, dev time, that's not how economics work. Things sell at their perceived value, and many times that is way more than it cost to produce them.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I think most people were fine skipping TOTC. People don't just buy things because they are on the Neo.

But regardless of parts, cost, materials, dev time, that's not how economics work. Things sell at their perceived value, and many times that is way more than it cost to produce them.

this apply for newly made games/items or out of production ones?
and it's in any case related to the product value itself? (game quality)

because if that apply to the newly made games and their quality
NG: dev games should sell for less then 100 bucks

Pier Solar instead could sell for about the double the amount
regardless the fact that both the products are supa derivative or exact replica of already existing games
(Knight's Chance is the only fresh one i seen till now)

at 400$ i would see much more value in a garou copy
the reason why an homebrew can cost so much it's because buyers know the price will skyrocket
(the second reason is the penis enlargement)
and the reason why the price goes that high it's because the amount of copy made is always scarse

i suspect a much more affordable price could be a boomerang for indie developer,
with a good amount of unsold copies on their part

unless, of course, they have a really quality game to sell

bad developer price high and make small run for a bad game in order to sell it easy
buyers are happy to buy crap since they can resell for the double if they find the game can't enlarge their penis enough
other people would be happy to buy at double while their penis goes sky high
developer makes a small/good profit and in the end everyone are happy :scratch:

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The reason indie companies don't make a ton of their games is because fear of financial ruin if their stuff don't sell.

NG: DEV made 500 copies of NGCD Last Hope. It took them three years to sell those. If that happened with 500 ROM carts, they'd be bankrupt by now.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I wish a mod would come in here and clean up you idiots banter on this.

This is not the place to discuss NGDev Team pricing structure. Hell, we don't even know pricing on Jeff's title yet.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Holy shit, why doesn't alaska go join his buddy wyndcrosser down in the war room.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Look, it's really simple people:

If you want the game, and are willing to pay the price, buy it.
If you want the game, but aren't willing to pay the price, no sweat, just don't buy it.

The price can be set by the seller for whatever they choose. There are no rules to how much anyone can charge for a game here. If the price is too high, know what will happen? Nobody will buy it. So what's the concern? You telling us whether or not a game is priced fair is meaningless. The market will decide and act accordingly. If you're just complaining that this hobby has too many deep pockets? Oh well. Life sucks, I guess, but if people are willing to pay what you won't, then that's their decision.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Am I correct to say that no neo geo game before this has done that?

Correct. The only games that save data on the cart now are Jockey Grand Prix and V-Liner, but they both have batteries on their boards. This would be only the third game that did game saves on the cart itself, and the first that didn't use a battery. :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just remember that if you buy this game, you are supporting Neobitz release other titles.