Premier league 2012 - 2013

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
The special one is looking pretty fucking average these days at Chelsea

The so called "special one" is a myth, He won the champions league with Porto and look who they had in the final? Yes Monaco the same team who beat Chelsea to the final and and if it weren't for Wayne Bridge I think the Champions league would have been our's that year.

Mourinho has yet to replicate that feat since leaving Porto having managed Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

Guus Hiddink and Rafa Benitez are much better managers in my opinion.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The so called "special one" is a myth, He won the champions league with Porto and look who they had in the final? Yes Monaco the same team who beat Chelsea to the final and and if it weren't for Wayne Bridge I think the Champions league would have been our's that year.

Mourinho has yet to replicate that feat since leaving Porto having managed Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

Guus Hiddink and Rafa Benitez are much better managers in my opinion.

We should discuss the difference between manager and coach.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
The difference is that a coach makes the tactic's and tries to get the best out of his players and a manager run's the overall involvement of the football club.

Rafael Benitez is a much better football coach than that arrogant prick of a man at Chelsea. In Europe he has one the champions league with Liverpool and the Europa cup with Chelsea, at least he has won something for Chelski in Europe which Mourinho has not done yet.

And if my memory serves me correctly he also won the Uefa cup with Valencia.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The difference is that a coach makes the tactic's and tries to get the best out of his players and a manager run's the overall involvement of the football club.

Rafael Benitez is a much better football coach than that arrogant prick of a man at Chelsea. In Europe he has one the champions league with Liverpool and the Europa cup with Chelsea, at least he has won something for Chelski in Europe which Mourinho has not done yet.

And if my memory serves me correctly he also won the Uefa cup with Valencia.

Rafa is a good coach, per se, but I don't see him as a serious winner. Seeing his work at Napoli you see him as a very capable coach, but in those big games, where is the output?

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Rafa is a good coach, per se, but I don't see him as a serious winner. Seeing his work at Napoli you see him as a very capable coach, but in those big games, where is the output?

At Napoli I would agree with you especially with the players at his disposal, he should be doing better. In Europe though he has a much bigger pedigree than that of Mourinho.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
It's going to be hard for the special one look at Torres blows hot and cold ,eto what is he doing there and doesn't give Mata enough respect, no wonder he's looking lost ,
I think everybody seen through the special one for what he is.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Got to give Roma a mention equalled the league record 10 wins in a row.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
It's going to be hard for the special one look at Torres blows hot and cold ,eto what is he doing there and doesn't give Mata enough respect, no wonder he's looking lost ,
I think everybody seen through the special one for what he is.

I'm surprised he hasn't given enough cred to Mata, but then again, Juan was playing vs Newcastle yesterday. I saw the goals, but what else happened in that game? I'm surprised they didn't win, not that I care though. The Gunners' win against 'Pool made my weekend. :)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm surprised he hasn't given enough cred to Mata, but then again, Juan was playing vs Newcastle yesterday. I saw the goals, but what else happened in that game? I'm surprised they didn't win, not that I care though. The Gunners' win against 'Pool made my weekend. :)

mind the gap.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Five points clear at the top and we have two hard games coming this week, a hard champion's league game away to Borussia Dortmund then away to Man utd on Sunday.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
As a Liverpool fan i gotta say we were outclassed and outplayed , especially in the midfield. Arsenal deserve to be on top right now.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I'm not going to debate the intricacies of our squad, and Xander, you can fuck off with your ignorant trolling... Poyet was on the touchlines what seemed like the whole game, encouraging his players and shouting advice to them. Pellegrini was sat in the dugout with his arms crossed and looking like a sullen skeleton. Ridiculous.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Poor performance tonight against Man Utd and I was expecting a lot more from us considering we we're riding high after our away win midweek against Borussia Dortmund in the Champion's League.

Yet again set pieces seem to be our achilles heel and have a hard time defending against them, Kieran Gibbs was to blame for the winner as he should have had the post covered.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I T O L D X A N D E R . . . . A S S _ E N _ H O L E . . . .

. . . N O S T R E N G T H I N D E P T H . . .

x R O T x

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
it's not a big deal losing away from home to a good team. The important thing is to beat all the small teams if you ever want to win a title.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
it's not a big deal losing away from home to a good team. The important thing is to beat all the small teams if you ever want to win a title.

That's actually the way I'm looking at it. The 2nd half for Arsenal vs Man Utd was much better. We lacked bite in some areas, but the hope now is that some of the squad will rest and avoid injury when we return to take on Super Southampton.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I T O L D X A N D E R . . . . A S S _ E N _ H O L E . . . .

. . . N O S T R E N G T H I N D E P T H . . .

x R O T x

Welcome to 5th position in the table. It's a long season, fortunes can and will change over time.

Yup. Unfortunately there is a substantial hardware drought for Wenger and time keeps ticking.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Ramsey & team continues to impress. I'm thrilled and still continue to be pleasantly surprised this yr.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Ramsey on my fantasy team has been a revelation.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Very impressed by today's result, Ramsay is going from strength to strength and he come back to haunt his old team with two goal's.

I hope we can hold out until January when the transfer window opens as a new striker would be nice as we can't keep relying on Giroud.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I had him on my team from the start. I knew he was heating up preseason with those goals he was scoring. He has been great value. The Michu of 2013.

Really glad for Aaron, and I hope all the naysayers are eating a ton of crow right now. Despite Chelsea's and Man Citeh's wins over the weekend, the EPL title race continues to be open (at least in my opinion). BTW, am I alone in thinking Cardiff's fans were wonderful?

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
The title race is wide open again with Arsenal just two points clear at the top with Liverpool and Chelsea 2nd and 3rd place respectively, Then we have Chelsea at home on the 23rd of December and is now looking even more likely we will not win the title let alone the Champions League.

Man City absolutely demolished us yesterday but that is no surprise as they are formidable at the etihad, I would even agree with Carlo Ancelotti in saying Man City are dark horses in winning the Champions League this year.