Premier league 2012 - 2013

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
yes it has. Since 2009 when Xabi Alonso left its all turned to shit.

Can you imagine Torres and Suarez up forward? Id would be a pretty lethal strike partnership

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yes it has. Since 2009 when Xabi Alonso left its all turned to shit.

Can you imagine Torres and Suarez up forward? Id would be a pretty lethal strike partnership

I think the real issue is what you stated - they sold Xabi Alonso. Aquilani was a crap replacement. Other signings were shit too, like Henderson, who should never have been bought. Liverpool needs to open their wallet and sign a really good midfielder or two to compete at a high level again.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
i also think Reina should be dropped he's allowing to many goals in.he'll argue he's got no protection from the back four,amd has no confidence in them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i also think Reina should be dropped he's allowing to many goals in.he'll argue he's got no protection from the back four,amd has no confidence in them.

he wanted to leave back when Torres was thinking about leaving because the owners didn't have a plan to get on top of the league again. Clearly they still don't. Without Reina, they would probably be even worse.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
everton vs liverpool

Normally I would back Liverpool on this one but on this occasion I think Everton have the upper hand ,
its men against boys , Liverpool young guns are not going to coupe with all the pressure involved in a local derby.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Chelsea v ManU

lol Ivanovic and Torres sent off. 2-2 . At 68 minutes in a huge game for both teams

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Great match between Everton and Liverpool,love The way Suarez takes the piss out moyes after he scores his goal...worth watching again.
Manu against Chelsea and Chelsea against the referee ,what a donkey.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Ref killed the match. Very disappointing.

Whats also interesting is Chelsea have filed a racism complaint against the ref.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pep Guardiola coming to Chelsea?

Pep has been testing the water around the leagues, but I don't think any team really trusts a guy who walked into the most powerful starting xi in Europe, which happens to have Messi, Xavi, and Iniesta. I could look like manager of the year with that squad. Anyone could.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Love to see pep at arsenal they play similar to Barcelona style or they try to minus a few players .pep relies on home grown talent and team players rather than individuals ,finding those key players in pep's success story.. Looking at Wenger his talent spotting day's are over,

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Wenger has lost the plot. Players don't follow him.

That win today against Reading - it was just the players having a freelancer game. They just got on the pitch and did as they pleased without taking orders.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Wenger has lost the plot. Players don't follow him.

That win today against Reading - it was just the players having a freelancer game. They just got on the pitch and did as they pleased without taking orders.

I think today's match was just another taste of an underlying problem with the club. Profitability over winning. The gunners have one of the strongest youth programs in the EPL. However, they basically have a self-imposed wage cap that has chased away some of their best talent in their prime over the last several years. Mind you, I'm not talking about Henry or RvP.

I don't know, I think it's a combination of what I just mentioned and players such as Walcott or previously Nasri that don't/didn't feel the commitment. This in conjunction with the fact that it seems like Wenger has bought into this "system" has really got most Gooners really frustrated. I mean, great, we regularly finish in the top 4 and make it to the Champions League every year... well, maybe our expectations are too high but that's just not cutting it any more. It's time for some hardware dammit... it's time to start investing in our youth once they hit their prime with us, or investing in a top transfer or two and while we're at it, a manager to light a fire under the troop's asses as well..., like Wenger used to do with the squad 8 years ago.

But yeah, just as you eluded to. No passion whatsoever.

Sorry, I'm just a slightly frustrated fan. :D

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
there are a lot of problems at Arsenal. Being a selling club is the top problem. The other problem is that great players only want to go where great money is. Even Madrid sees problems when Man City and PSG are throwing money around like Sheikhs in a whorehouse.

And so Arsenal can't compete. Fans have every right to be frustrated as teams sell out to rich fat cats who have no real passion for the game - owning a team is like fucking a bitch for them. Once they get their nut off, they are done.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Well done Chelsea, you've made my Christmas beating Villa 8-0 yesterday....lmfao!!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i might say that last nights win over everton might have been our biggest win so far this season. beating everton at goodison park is a scalp loads of teams go there and try to steal. its such a shame the talk in the papers is about lampard being shown the door, sure he's old, but he showed last night how a veteran midfielder can still slip into the right places at the right time and steal the show. we still have bigger tests yet to come. man u at OT springs to mind, but who knows? we're on form now, lets just hope it can hold up.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Villa are going down plus I fear for Newcastle now ba going to Chelsea,,,big mistake its going to be a short career at Stamford bridge

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Villa are going down plus I fear for Newcastle now ba going to Chelsea,,,big mistake its going to be a short career at Stamford bridge

Ba is a solid player coming into his peak. Chelsea's only real issue is the mentality of the midfield, which is a goal scoring midfield, rather than a goal producing midfield. All of them are short guys who think they are strikers. And this is why Torres has sucked so bad with them. They are simply a team of shitheads right now.

As for Newcastle, they had Carroll look like gold for them, then they sold him and Ba filled in. Ba got injured last year and Cisse filled in. Newcastle can plug any striker in, with Cabaye and Ben Arfa in the back.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
Sturridge to Liverpool

not sure how i feel about it yet - January is the toughest month of the PL season. Cold, lots of matches and generally depressing

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Sturridge to Liverpool

not sure how i feel about it yet - January is the toughest month of the PL season. Cold, lots of matches and generally depressing

Lolz... as an ardent Liverpool fan...

I've been depressed for close to 2 decades....

xROTx

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Chamakh My Bitch Up to Westham?

and Joe Cole, obviously.

Wasn't a big fan of Scooby Chamakhs. He didn't get a lot of chances later on I realize, but considering we (I use that term loosely) usually only use a 1 striker set, his lack of dimension lead to the bench. I mean, set pieces and corners... having him in the box for a header or two is great. But yeah, not a fan of his overall game. Whatever will the underachieving gunners do next? Well, other than not make a substantial signing any time soon that is.