Consolizing a Hyper 64

pmindemann

New Challenger
Has anyone here had experience consolizing a Hyper 64 board? I have no idea how to go about this, nor would I event necessarily have the time, so I'm looking to retain the services of someone on this forum (preferably) to create a consolized Hyper Neo Geo 64 for use on a standard NTSC television or computer monitor. I don't have space for a full cabinet, and I likewise don't have the skill or ability to consolize a PCB, etc. on my own.

I would be looking to do one of the fighting boards, preferably version 2. Other than that, I'm open to suggestion. If you have the skills, or know someone who does, please get in touch. I can be reached through this forum, or at my user name plus hotmail dot com.

Last edited:

pmindemann

New Challenger
I apologize, El Capitan. I actually did search (been searching here and elsewhere for some time), but finally decided just to put up a post because my searches were coming up short. Ironically, I work for an Internet marketing firm, but clearly my search skills are lacking. :)

Also, for what it's worth, I'm not totally new here... I was a member about 7 years ago (big into AES stuff... back when the Neo store was still part of the main site), but couldn't afford many of the games I wanted, so eventually I sold everything and left the forum. When I tried to come back today, I couldn't remember my account credentials, so I just started over.

In any event, I'm thrilled to see you've taken up the challenge of consolizong the Hyper. The thread you linked to didn't indicate how things turned out, but I hope it was worthwhile.

This may be a dumb question since I've gotten of to a poor start, but I'll just close by asking, would you consider building another consolized Hyper for someone else?

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
El Capitan, take it easy lol :D

Man, go for the rev 2, that's the one i have.

You can also ask Xian Xi, he did a couple of those.

Btw, you can also buy an supergun... Hyper it's jamma/MVS compatible (the rev2).

pmindemann

New Challenger
Thanks, Dragonpt.

I agree the rev 2 is the one to get. And actually, I did contact Xian Xi, but he said he was too busy. Xian Xi likewise suggested a supergun, but I don't really want to play other games on it (I have MAME for that), just the Hyper ones that you can't emulate (and that I'd want to own, anyway). Also, I like the idea of it being "self contained," in the sense that I wouldn't have other PCBs sitting around, etc.

Anyway, a fellow member from France has made a 220v consolized Hyper available, so I'm considering that at the moment (but still considering other options/ideas). Thank you for the advise... and love the pic of the MVS cabs in the warehouse (drool...).

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Thanks, Dragonpt.

I agree the rev 2 is the one to get. And actually, I did contact Xian Xi, but he said he was too busy. Xian Xi likewise suggested a supergun, but I don't really want to play other games on it (I have MAME for that), just the Hyper ones that you can't emulate (and that I'd want to own, anyway). Also, I like the idea of it being "self contained," in the sense that I wouldn't have other PCBs sitting around, etc.

Anyway, a fellow member from France has made a 220v consolized Hyper available, so I'm considering that at the moment (but still considering other options/ideas). Thank you for the advise... and love the pic of the MVS cabs in the warehouse (drool...).

No problem.

IF you have the skills, or if you know someone, it's not THAT hard to consolize the Hyper, you can start by buying an JAMMA loom at ebay or something.
For the price of the Jamma looms,you will save a lot of work (i know, i did mines).

And it's great to see some Hyper Neo 64 fans here xD, this is an fantastic arcade, and the games are great.

Don't forget the best pcb is the "fighting" one, you have 4 games available for this one :

Buriki-One
Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage
Samurai Shodown 64
Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition

And the Hyper is pretty cheap at ebay, you will pay more in p&p shipping than for the pcb itself :

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HYPER-NEO-GE...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item35bf035d4f

Just be sure to buy an Revision 2, they have an JAMMA/MVS switch...

Last edited:

pmindemann

New Challenger
Thank you again for the advice, Dragonpt.

Unfortunately, I don't have the skills... :) I have built computers, and I have actually built a full-size MAME-based arcade cab (out of MDF and such), but I have zero electrical experience and don't know how to solder. I'm also the president of a small company, and as such, am sorely lacking in free time to take on new projects. So, here I am asking for help...

Anyway, that was a great link you sent. That's a really good price, if the buyer will sell and ship to the states. I'm actually inquiring with them now. And I agree the fighting version of the board is the one that makes the most sense. That's the one my seller in France has, should I go that route. The only down-side is that his unit is 220v and with Scart out. I can get around both with adapters, though that makes it messier.