Gift and project for Neo Geo hardware hacker types

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
You know, I think I might've talked to both of you at one point. I know Bonnie was always like "when he comes back from the warehouse I'll ask him...".

She was super duper cool. She talked me into buying Viewpoint used cos I found it in a pawnshop for $75 or $100. I can't remember how it came up, but she was like "Go out and buy it NOW! WE can't even buy it anymore cos it's out of stock...we can only check it out from the office game library and borrow it". She was telling me people were already paying way over the new price for it used. Which is weird now, cos I suppose it's not all that rare....but those were the early/nonexistent days of teh internets.

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
You know, I think I might've talked to both of you at one point. I know Bonnie was always like "when he comes back from the warehouse I'll ask him...".

She was super duper cool. She talked me into buying Viewpoint used cos I found it in a pawnshop for $75 or $100. I can't remember how it came up, but she was like "Go out and buy it NOW! WE can't even buy it anymore cos it's out of stock...we can only check it out from the office game library and borrow it". She was telling me people were already paying way over the new price for it used. Which is weird now, cos I suppose it's not all that rare....but those were the early/nonexistent days of teh internets.

2 years ago being a goof onstage :D might help for knowing which of us is which...
66347_1540929195514_1552483_n.jpg

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
nice pedal what was it?.

not sure where it was from, single switch pushbutton and worked fantastic as the accelerator.

been going wild, just uploaded about 150 pictures into my website from the SNK and romstar days.

the big bombshell I will be posting in a couple of mins, am posting to the Romstar group on facebook right now
the biggis is the Neo Mini manual.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i was hoping for a new layout for the stering wheel we could build

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
hesk2.jpeg

Confirmed working. I am having an issue with some stutter when the wheel stops moving to the right, but I think it's my encoder.

This is where things will get tricky. I finding a new compatible optical encoder and wheel. I am going to try a few newer models so we don't have to worry too much on stability of old stuff.

Oh and it works great in Pop N Bounce too!

Last edited:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
hesk2.jpeg

Confirmed working. I am having an issue with some stutter when the wheel stops moving to the right, but I think it's my encoder.

This is where things will get tricky. I finding a new compatible optical encoder and wheel. I am going to try a few newer models so we don't have to worry too much on stability of old stuff.

Oh and it works great in Pop N Bounce too!

How the heck do you manage to pop out these boards so quickly?? You're like the magic man of custom boards. Also, what program do you use?

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
awesome board Brian!

Please don't giveup the PnB rotary project, it would be cool to enable hidden bios features and screens!!

Thanks again!

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
The last legacy of Nightmare Tony aside from the outing of the fraudulent David G...I hope the first dude that works on an actual panel makes it a good one in his honour! :)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just a quick update on this.

Found a great compatible encoder from GroovyGameGear. Called TurboTwist. If you get this, you wont need their interface board so that takes off about $7. I requested a lower resolution version to be closer to the old encoder Tony used. It does come with a spinner, but if you want a wheel, they have several mini wheel options. I didnt use any pedals on mine, just used the buttons.

Xy2tNpt.jpg

GDT0fWR.jpg

Works great with:
Thrash Rally (of course)
OverTop
NeoDriftOut
and Pop N Bounce

Tony's circuit is really pretty amazing and has tons of possibilities.

chipperkwah

Armored Scrum Object
Just a quick update on this.

Found a great compatible encoder from GroovyGameGear. Called TurboTwist. If you get this, you wont need their interface board so that takes off about $7. I requested a lower resolution version to be closer to the old encoder Tony used. It does come with a spinner, but if you want a wheel, they have several mini wheel options. I didnt use any pedals on mine, just used the buttons.

Nice! I looked at this thread the other day and wondered if any progress had been made.