Gift and project for Neo Geo hardware hacker types

incrediblehark

New Challenger
really great news (like the sticky at the top of the page) and thats nice of you to share the schematic so people can build their own. looking forward to seeing pics of finished projects!

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Soo cool! If anyone makes a steering application, they should post pics, I'd love to see the creative side of this!!

-Bill

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
This is really cool Tony, thanks for sharing!

If this worked with Neo Drift Out I could see it making the game even more fun if that is even possible :D

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
Can we rename this thread as The Reveal and the davidg one as The Bullshit?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Soo cool! If anyone makes a steering application, they should post pics, I'd love to see the creative side of this!!

-Bill

When I get some time, I will make this and play puzzle bobble with it. Thanks, Nightmare Tony. I'll have to figure out a good way to repay the favor.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
It's as if you are speaking directly to kenny.

I like how it's been a couple days already, and kenny hasn't even made a post to deny that he would do something like that.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
When I get some time, I will make this and play puzzle bobble with it. Thanks, Nightmare Tony. I'll have to figure out a good way to repay the favor.

By doing it and having fun with it, that repays the favor.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Nice one Tony... look forward to trying to knock one of these up for a bit of fun.

Been playing a bit of linkup Thrash Rally recently, so would be great fun to have this setup on the cabs.
:D

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
wow really interesting! Thanks Tony!

Nightmare Tony

By the way if you are building for the first time and it doesnt work, use a logic probe. Check both inputs of the 7474 that they get clocking from the steering wheel and the outputs flip one way or another, depending on which direction the wheel is turned. The one shot invokes with pulses from one side of the steering wheel and enables the 7408s. So the final transistor pases will turn on when yo9u turn the wheel in that direction and if you turn it slower, it will give a string of pulses.

Post away when you get them going! Have fun!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Tony, seeing as I am not sure just yet how I would connect it up to my Super Neo cab.. do you know if there are any PC Steering Wheels that are suitable so I could use it on my CMVS...?

Cheers mate. :)

aria

Former Moderator
Whoever gets a license from Nightmare Tony to make and sell these, remember to make one extra-pimp for 8man.

Nightmare Tony

Tony, seeing as I am not sure just yet how I would connect it up to my Super Neo cab.. do you know if there are any PC Steering Wheels that are suitable so I could use it on my CMVS...?

Cheers mate. :)

You just hook up to the left and right joystick switches. It should work on the home system as well.

Nightmare Tony

I have spoken to several wonderful members who have given back to the MVS community for years for permission for marketing and releasing this as a kit in various forms, from PCB only to full kits. This way, it offers choice for how you would want to go for this at a fair pricing.

My real fear at the beginning of releasing this publicly was about conman types releasing a super expensive kit then claiming exclusives over anyone else producing them.

And personally, I still feel it better for everyone to enjoy rather than simply sitting in a stack of papers on a shelf, benefitting nobody.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Don't worry too much about kenny. Those who take without giving credit (selling pirated Uni BIOS v3, for example) are usually others.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
This is awesome. Oh and LOL @ DanAdanKOF....the moment I saw you in the thread, the first thing I thought was "IIDX Wheel"!

So Tony, are you the nice Hispanic gentleman I spoke to on the phone a few times @ SNK, right around the Torrance move, around when Bonnie Lais and Chad were still there? (I don't wanna put your last name out there if it's you)

You probably don't remember me, but you gave me the DIN pinouts for the homecart RGB so I could make my own BNC cable (which sadly I never got to use for anything). Also I asked if it was possible to send a modchipped Neo in for service and you (or another Tony) told me you'd go into the meeting you had that day and ask if it was ok (it was).

Either way, that brings back memories!

Nightmare Tony

This is awesome. Oh and LOL @ DanAdanKOF....the moment I saw you in the thread, the first thing I thought was "IIDX Wheel"!

So Tony, are you the nice Hispanic gentleman I spoke to on the phone a few times @ SNK, right around the Torrance move, around when Bonnie Lais and Chad were still there? (I don't wanna put your last name out there if it's you)

You probably don't remember me, but you gave me the DIN pinouts for the homecart RGB so I could make my own BNC cable (which sadly I never got to use for anything). Also I asked if it was possible to send a modchipped Neo in for service and you (or another Tony) told me you'd go into the meeting you had that day and ask if it was ok (it was).

Either way, that brings back memories!

Bonnie was very cool, her whole family.

If you were talking with the home division, that would have been Tony (Juan) Marquez. My own last name is Gonzalez and I did repairs and wierd projects in the arcade division. We were all fun and crazy and super nice people. A great team all around. tis missed.