Something I've been working on.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
in fact all the copy boot, you have just an error message after 15/30 min
And i don't know if last Hope / Treasure of the Caribbean / Bang Bang Busters have an protection

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
There is separate cd protection on the CDZ that will not even allow copies to start. Maybe there are CD tools that can get around this protection though. All that said I think I have now solved the issue I was having which was indeed protection related.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
All the information on that page related to protection will soon be unneeded.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
all these information are unneeded however beacause we have all original :mr_t:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have another test I would like people to try on their TOP Loaders, Front loaders and CDZ (mainly I need results from CDZ).

Download the following. http://unibios.free.fr/cd-cdz-test.zip , unzip it, burn it and then boot it in your CD system. Once loaded it will show 2 numbers on screen.... I would like to know the numbers and the type of CD system its on.

Raz

Last edited:

Valt C

n00b
Here is what a I got from my 2 Top Loaders:

Attachments

• top loader test 2014-03-07 18.28.27.jpg
    top loader test 2014-03-07 18.28.27.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 136

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks Valt, what region is your system?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
No need for anyone else to do this iso test. I already know what I needed to know from it. I will do antoher test iso tomorrow.

Raz

Valt C

n00b
Well, it's weird because actually the brazilian systems have jumpers in both US and EU regions, that brings the portuguese language as default.

I think that the CDZ pcb "calls it": "PO" region instead BR(it's a brazilian portuguese btw... I guess).

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have another test I would like people to try on their TOP Loaders, Front loaders and CDZ (mainly I need results from CDZ).

Download the following. http://unibios.free.fr/cd-cdz-test.zip , unzip it, burn it and then boot it in your CD system. Once loaded it will show 2 numbers on screen.... I would like to know the numbers and the type of CD system its on.

Raz

I tried to load it on my CDZ and got a disc I/O error (ID = 0001)

Here is from my original top loader Japanese version with US region switch on:
iQV070p.jpg

Here it from my original top loader Japenese version with region switch set to Japan:
J1SlRMe.jpg

It may just be an issue with my CDZ as its been having read issues

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Well, it's weird because actually the brazilian systems have jumpers in both US and EU regions, that brings the portuguese language as default.

I think that the CDZ pcb "calls it": "PO" region instead BR(it's a brazilian portuguese btw... I guess).

Ohh, I never knew this, I need to add another region then. Does the memory card manager also show in Portuguese? I take it that means 0=Japan, 1=USA, 2=EURO, 3=Portuguese

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
yes the test did not work on the CDZ..... but there is no need to test it anymore... I will post another test tomorrow though.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member

btw is there some way to say Portuguese that does not use so many letters and is also not offensive? For Example you mention its a Braziian Portuguese so if I do a region switch maybe its better to just say Brazil?

Valt C

n00b
Ohh, I never knew this, I need to add another region then. Does the memory card manager also show in Portuguese? I take it that means 0=Japan, 1=USA, 2=EURO, 3=Portuguese

Actually just some games uses its own portuguese contents, for everything else, even the system itself, acts like an US system.

From Jamma Nation website: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/images/tuts/cdz-language-mod.jpg

Only the CDZ shows that, but works in the top loader system too.

Edit:

btw is there some way to say Portuguese that does not use so many letters and is also not offensive? For Example you mention its a Braziian Portuguese so if I do a region switch maybe its better to just say Brazil?

You can abbreviate portuguese as "PT" or "POR" both for language.

Last edited:

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Or just like the MS Windows show....PTBr

PTBr = Brazilian portuguese

Great Work Raz

[]' Macck

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm having a look at this Portuguese region switch and I can't seem to get it to work. Can you please tell me a game what will default to Portuguese language when the region is set to this. By this I mean without having to manually change the language in the games option settings.

Valt C

n00b
KoF '95, Metal Slug games and Neo Turf Masters are the games I remember that will work that way, neither of them have language options but will bring Portuguese dialogues and other texts by default.

If you wish I can make a video showing how they behave.

Edit:

I edited but I let the KoF'95 intro to show the "SNK CORP OF AMERICA", it's like a US system for all games.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks, It seems I have it working, I just though there would be more translation

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I'm not sure, but IIRC Fatal Fury 3 or RBFF also behave the way Valt said.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes its a bit weird for example Im trying metal slug2. If I go into the combat school in that game it is in English, The how to play however is in Portuguese. In Metal Slug 1 however the combat school is also in Portuguese.

Raz

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
Aren't there 4 jumpers for languages, portuguese being us+eu, is the last one for korean?

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I havent been able to find anywhere what jumpers 3 and 4 do.

no jumpers is Japanese
jumper 1 is English
jumper 2 is EU (not sure what language)
jumper 1 + 2 is Portiguese

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
On a CDZ the third jumper is used for language but what those languages are I am not sure.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have spent the weekend quietly programming away and at times pulling my hair out but finally have something interesting to show......

Please not this is very early work and is separate from PC-2-NEO but of course support is included for it. An official release is a long long way away so this is a sort of proof of concept that it can work.