Something I've been working on.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I have spent the weekend quietly programming away and at times pulling my hair out but finally have something interesting to show......

Please not this is very early work and is separate from PC-2-NEO but of course support is included for it. An official release is a long long way away so this is a sort of proof of concept that it can work.

Nice! So eventually there will be a unibios release for CD systems?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Hell yeah! Raz is making the CD systems much more attractive. Keep up the great work

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If only you could replace the cdrom with a custom SD card interface and SD iso loader setup...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Here is a new ISO that I need testing on all types of CD systems. When run it will return a single Word value. Pressing A will run the test again, hopefully the number will be the same so it will look like nothing happened. Pressing C should exit the test. You can get it from http://unibios.free.fr/cd-cdz-test2.zip

For the above I need to know the value, if its always the same and what system you got it on.

I also have a second request if anyone can help. I need to make some space in the bios and to that end I want to down sample the power on jingle sound. The current size of that data is 128k, decompressed to wav its 513k. I would like to half the same rate if possible making the sound only 64k if its possible. There is also a second tone sound at the end of the data but that can stay as is. If anyone can help here I have uploaded the data with a decompressor to wav to http://unibios.free.fr/pcm.zip. Is this something that can be done by altering the PCM only or will the z80 program code also need changing?

Raz

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I have an disc error 002 withy my front loading
and 0140 nomber in green color with my CDZ

Last edited:

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
CDZ
Japan region result '0140', pressing [A] did not change the value.
US region result '0140', pressing [A] did not change the value.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I also have a second request if anyone can help. I need to make some space in the bios and to that end I want to down sample the power on jingle sound. The current size of that data is 128k, decompressed to wav its 513k. I would like to half the same rate if possible making the sound only 64k if its possible. There is also a second tone sound at the end of the data but that can stay as is. If anyone can help here I have uploaded the data with a decompressor to wav to http://unibios.free.fr/pcm.zip. Is this something that can be done by altering the PCM only or will the z80 program code also need changing?

Raz

Have you contact elbarto and furtek of
https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

they have very good programmer and technician on neo geo (CD)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I don't understand why these errors are coming, in theory it should be working on the top loaders.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
From the results given on the CDZ I think there is no further need to test this. It appears the results on the CDZ are still the same as the results on the Top loader I have here. Its a shame because I was hoping I could used the DMA to detect the system and while that may still be possible to do I think I'll leave it for now and continue using a user select method.

I really need to get this sample reduced in size, its quite a priority because space is going to be limited. Its been pointed out to me that the sample will also need converting from ADPCM-A format to ADPCM-B.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
For the last few days HPMAN has been helping me in relation to getting that PCM sample down in size. After much testing the following was discovered

Pcmvader.png

Don't worry though I will go and see Yoda, use the force and seek another solution.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Can anyone with a CDZ tell me if audio track looping works correctly on their system?

All you need to do to test is play an audio track by pressing the play button twice (a small loop arrow will appear on the button). Then let the track play through. Does it loop correctly or simply play the next track after?

Also if you press button 'C' does it clear the loop arrow if its showing on the play button?

Raz