kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
the CDZ play the next track yes

and the C clear loop too

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
So the loop function does not work on normal CDZ bios? With it on or off the next track will always play?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ohh, are you sure about this? The TOP loader has the option to loop track.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
i am never sure of nothing, doubt is the sens of my life XD
i could ensure you that the loop is by CD on my CDZ by this way
BUT
for loop by track use the number key, Programme fonction selcet your track and use the loop fonction

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Does anyone have a English manual scan for the CDZ so I can confirm how it should be working?

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Last edited:

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
for loop by track use the number key, Programme fonction selcet your track and use the loop fonction

Ok i test it on my Neo Geo CD Z
But counter to my memory its not working, you have all the time an CD loop and no an track loop

Sorry to mislead you

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok its good to know. I spent a lot of time today trying to fix something what was not broken in the first place.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Quick update on the current situation.

Finally got a test bios that works on all three systems (top loader,front loader and CDZ). I need to tidy a few things up still in relation to this still but once that's done the real work can start.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I have been having a play with some ideas for a new radio screen. This is knocked up in paintshop and not on NeoGeo hardware but it gives some idea of what I would like to change.

Image1.png

Valt C

n00b
Very good idea Raz! Seems that you're having tons of fun, good to know. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
That's a neat idea Raz, maybe you could offer a service for custom bg image insertion to an ordered bios???

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Adding a service like that would be to hard. It may be possible to have a couple of BGs to choose from though. I personally think the cd player part can do with a new layout also.

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Could you then add an option upon purchase whether if one wants the original graphics or the custom wallpapers. I really don't wanna say anything negative but I like it simple and original, just like adding something really awesome to a console without making it obvious. Just like a switchless mod or something similar. Anyways, your work is and always will be da bomb!!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
This is something that may not even get added. I was just having a play around. The radio does really need some kind of overhall though but if that happens it will defo be an option

RockstarRunner

Wind Jammin' All Night",
Just a thought, as many games don't have a logo for the preview window in CDZ bios, is that something you could do anything about? I would guess there simply isn't space to store that much image data...

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You can mod the original game CDs to add one.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
ive been following this project for a while and its really fantastic............

definitely got my eye on some Neo Geo CD's in the future when this gets closer to completion

mikew

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
ive been following this project for a while and its really fantastic............

definitely got my eye on some Neo Geo CD's in the future when this gets closer to completion

Hi s8n187,

This project is essentially complete, it has been for some time. The hardware has been available for over a year now and this consists of a bios replacement and a usb interface to communicates directly with said bios. The work Raz is doing now is a complete Universe Bios implementation for the NGCD and this will also include pc2neo functionality. There are two PC clients to communicate with the neo, one is windows based and the other is a command line client. Both versions offer similar functionality with the only difference being that the command line client provides CD emulation over USB.

Mike

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi mike , ive been going by the videos on Youtube , http://unibios.free.fr/pc2neo.html and some of this thread.................

are the USB Interface units going to be manufactured and sold to the public ? , i really hope that hasnt already happened and ive missed out

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Mike can sell you one, drop him a PM