Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
In case you weren't aware, there are some complaints about TRU. Seems they are canceling not just some Black Friday sales, but also some regular ones.
Seems to be their policy. Lure them in and then just don't give a shit about possible sales. Same thing happened over here in germany when tru offered a certain lego train set, a few weeks ago. I was lucky and got 3 sets in store, but most ... if not all ... online orders were cancelled.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Looks like Target sold out of the Gold bundles? No more preorder button (except for the sticks).

That leaves Best Buy as the last site.

Also, a comment from Bruno via Siliconera:
I am also trying to get them looking into creating some sweet game cases too. Can't promise anything, but I'm definitely trying to fight the good fight. :)

Last edited:

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I read the engadget review of the system, and the pictures they posted are really nice! I'm wondering, though, where the reviewer got the full-front screen protector? It's wishful thinking to hope one would come in the kit, but I hope there is something available for this either at launch or soon thereafter.

I was thinking the same thing... but after seeing another review, I think that is actually what the back of the system looks like.

You can kind of see it here:

9rdj-460.jpg

War Pig

New Challenger
Looks like Target sold out of the Gold bundles? No more preorder button (except for the sticks).

That leaves Best Buy as the last site.

Also, a comment from Bruno via Siliconera:

Wow...that didn't last long. After cancelling my Gamestop order because of the delay, I came back to Target to re-preorder my console and extra stick. Glad I did.

War Pig

New Challenger
If the extra games come in paper packaging and a small non-art plastic case for the SD card (much like regular SD cards now)....then someones going to make a killing if they produce custom boxes with art for the games. I know I'll be right there buying custom cases to display the games on my shelf.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Could have been playing it now if the release date hadnt been set back.

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
I read the engadget review of the system, and the pictures they posted are really nice! I'm wondering, though, where the reviewer got the full-front screen protector? It's wishful thinking to hope one would come in the kit, but I hope there is something available for this either at launch or soon thereafter.

I'd like to know this too, is the casing based off something else that a face protector already exists for? Maybe it's just the protective plastic that it ships with?

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
Review reads well.

Is the reset button on the dock mechanical, as in when it's pressed it physically presses the reset button on the handheld or is it a button that resets via one of the ports that it connects to?

Last edited:

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Handhelds I leave sitting on my shelf tend to get coated in dust after a few weeks. If the X is used mainly in console-form (or really, at all), having it inside the station will keep it protected and clean. With the station being smaller than an AES, it also opens up the option of taking the entire system around with you. I imagine you can use the station as a carrying case, unlike with a slot-dock where you'd have to carry them separately. If you can fit the HDMI cable inside you're set!

/Assumptions.

Perfect emulation and (smaller/lighter) but perfect sticks is reassuring.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks for that review SetaSouji, I am now even more keen for this thing to arrive!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Vague review is vague.

What's vague about him stating that emulation is flawless and both the handheld and joystick buttons and sticks feel comparatively the same to the original?

There's really nothing else that anyone should be looking for in the thing.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
What's vague about him stating that emulation is flawless and both the handheld and joystick buttons and sticks feel comparatively the same to the original?

There's really nothing else that anyone should be looking for in the thing.

lol

How about some more details about this 'perfect' emulation.

How about the audio quality? I didn't see a word mentioned about that.

Whats the picture quality like via HDMI? What res does it output in?

What about the widescreen lcd built into the system? Do the games display in 4x3? 16x9? Can you toggle between them and whats the general quality like of the LCD?

Once again, vague.

AlecRob

Banned
Please oh please post pictures of the game cards!

I hope they are gonna come out with some kind of link cable to play 2 player games with two handhelds. it seems like it should be possible....

It would be great on a long road trip or flight to play fatal fury or something with a friend! :)

Last edited: