Bead Sprites I've made

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
All of my creations are based on either sprite sheets or seeing other sprites people made. The sprite sheet ones are mostly a creed to my geek childhood, which still continues today...

Breath of Fire Cast

For the first sprite set, which is the cast, Ryu and Bo are credited to 8BitCraft. Sprite Sheets credited to SMITHGCN, and Nemu. Also, a Blargh snuck into the photograph at the end of these. Booooo!!!!!

Random SNK Sprites

The Top 2 Sprites are from someone's edits of Megaman Characters. The guy who redid them was Draug.
Second is a generic Iori man have done. I recolored it, and like the change. The others are japanese chibi sprites that came off another site.

Mega Man Sprites

I made a copy of the Sliding Mega Man X. The Sigma I did of a sprite sheet that has no credit to it, sadly. Its a excellent sheet and the final sprite looks really cool.

Capcom Girl Sprites

Morrigan is credited to Alupear_d4kwg39, and Lilith came from a sprite sheet zemechial made.

Random Nintendo Sprites.

All the Koopa Kids are credited to Geek Mythology. The Mario came from a sprite sheet as well as others.

Random Sprites:

Plok, Firebrand.

Last edited:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
There's a guy on Arcade Otaku that's doing his gamesroom wall with beads based on R-Type, awesome but a hell of a lot of work.
Great stuff LWK \0/

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
love doin these things, the wife and I have made "craft nights" out of it. I definitely need to replenish my supply, and I haven't done any as big as yours. Great Stuff LWK!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
That's the guys work, :eek:

2w71mz8.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That's the guys work, :eek:

2w71mz8.jpg

Cool but I'm hoping he is planning on covering the entire wall with beads and not copping out by just painting a few parts. A complete wall would look so badass, I hope he doesn't cut any corners.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Why didnt you just make a separate thread for that guys work?

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They're hoping you'd make a mural out of that as well.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
MOTW sprites are about 12 panels or so. So its a big undertaking. Thats why I havent covered any conventional neo stuff.. It is a massive undertaking making these things when they exceed 6 panels. Also, it can get expensive when you use thousands of beads.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I think there is a UK company that makes mini versions of the beads, but iirc, they didn't make as many colors in mini, and of course dollar to pound and shipping always sucks, stateside we have perler beads, you can get em at most craft stores, but if you need specific colors, it's better to order.

even the ngpc sprites are pretty big
iori.jpg

photo from Ipod, sorry for pic quality.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Awesome man. Here's more. I made Basara today.

aad9hv.jpg

98r0c7.jpg

28lf01v.jpg

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
This is the first I've ever seen these, really cool! I'm interested!

-Bill

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
im way off.. MOTW sprites are easier then I thought. Not 12 panels.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
seriously badass LWK, nice work man. You have definitely put some serious time into these:)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Really proud how this came out. I made it out of a sprite rip screenshot. This is zog standing in front of his throne from the first breath of fire. I had to move the entire thing over being one edge from finished to avoid using eight boards, since I only have six. I also improvised a lot of colors. Luckily the throne is different looking then the cape. A big potential factor that could detract from its look.

rm1z0n.jpg

This is the BOF cast. I have more to go. I had fun making these. The Ryu and Bo are ones I found somewhere. The others I made myself from sprite rips. I really like how Sarah came out.

20zec8i.jpg

MMX2 Copy cat sprite I made having seen someone elses. I did change some things. I made part of the face a peach skin tone, and adjusted the overall body to blue instead of the original looking pastel lavender.. I couldnt tell if it was a camera or not, but when blue was settled in, I added some difference colors to the lowest aspects of the feet to make it pop more.

xle460.jpg

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
How solid are those once they've been "set"? They seem somewhat delicate... like a Wii-mote could succeed where Dr.Wily failed.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
really solid. They'd never naturally fall apart. I'm talking plier or razor blade level solid.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Very cool, are you still sharp on your Urien?! Don't let it get dull brother.