SNES 1CC thread aka hop on that bandwagon thread.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That surprises me. What was the problem? The fight before the suicide or some instant deaths through falling into a pit, like during the last chase? Or maybe the cave stage (greetings to those rabbits ;).

It wasn't due to a particular section of the game, although the instant death pits did end one of my runs.

I played the game off an on for years not powering up the right weapons, not using the right weapons, and in turn always giving up prematurely.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It wasn't due to a particular section of the game, although the instant death pits did end one of my runs.

I played the game off an on for years not powering up the right weapons, not using the right weapons, and in turn always giving up prematurely.

So true, you have indeed to plan your weapon upgrades and take into consideration, that some weapons are unavailable in certain sections, like the underground caves. In fact, due to the relative low difficulty, careful usage of the ''P'' symbols becomes an interesting challenge in order to fully upgrade all of Valken's weapons.

I tend to upgrade my Vulcan Cannon to the second level only during the first stage, the rest goes into the Punch Assault. In the successive stages, I do only the Rocket Launcher, finish the Vulcan in the caves, then concentrate on the Laser, of course, and so on. This becomes even trickier, if you want to get the most "P's" possible inside the Arc Nova, where you have to choose paths.

Anyway, here's my best score so far...

ASV-Fine.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ I found myself upgrading my punch to a level 3 by stage two. I upgraded my vulcan to level 2 by stage three.

I cleared Phalanx on normal tonight (easy is the default). Definitely one of the better horis on the SNES IMO.

List updated. 2016 was a little slow for the SNES.

Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy
Return of Double Dragon
Ghost Chaser Densei
Ninja Warriors
Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1 LC)
Turtles in Time
Hagane (2-ALL)
Power Rangers: The Movie
Mega Man X
Biometal
Sonic Blast man II
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou
Marvel Super Heroes : War of The Gems (1 LC)
Sengoku Densyo
Edono Kiba
UN Squadron
Super Castlevania IV (1-ALL)
Contra III : The Alien Wars (1-ALL)
Run Saber
Captain Commando
Ultimate Fighter
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Ninja Gaiden II)
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Axelay (1-ALL)
Castlevania : Dracula X
HyperZone (1-ALL)
Rushing Beat Ran
Skyblazer
Super Ninja Kun
Ganbare Daiku No Gen-San
Pocky & Rocky 2
Darius Twin
Kendo Rage
The Peace Keepers
GS Mikami : Joreishi wa Nice Body
Space Megaforce
Super Adventure Island
Battle Zeque Den
Kishin Douji Zenki Rettou Raiden (2-ALL)
Mega Man X2
Thunder Spirits
Acrobat Mission
Sparkster
Super Bonk
Magic Sword
Wild Guns
Spanky's Quest
Legend of The Mystical Ninja
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Mega Man X3
Aero Fighters
Assault Suits Valken
Phalanx

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Contra III must have been a bitch to 1cc.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
^ I found myself upgrading my punch to a level 3 by stage two. I upgraded my vulcan to level 2 by stage three.

I cleared Phalanx on normal tonight (easy is the default). Definitely one of the better horis on the SNES IMO.

List updated. 2016 was a little slow for the SNES.

Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy
Return of Double Dragon
Ghost Chaser Densei
Ninja Warriors
Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1 LC)
Turtles in Time
Hagane (2-ALL)
Power Rangers: The Movie
Mega Man X
Biometal
Sonic Blast man II
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou
Marvel Super Heroes : War of The Gems (1 LC)
Sengoku Densyo
Edono Kiba
UN Squadron
Super Castlevania IV (1-ALL)
Contra III : The Alien Wars (1-ALL)
Run Saber
Captain Commando
Ultimate Fighter
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Ninja Gaiden II)
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Axelay (1-ALL)
Castlevania : Dracula X
HyperZone (1-ALL)
Rushing Beat Ran
Skyblazer
Super Ninja Kun
Ganbare Daiku No Gen-San
Pocky & Rocky 2
Darius Twin
Kendo Rage
The Peace Keepers
GS Mikami : Joreishi wa Nice Body
Space Megaforce
Super Adventure Island
Battle Zeque Den
Kishin Douji Zenki Rettou Raiden (2-ALL)
Mega Man X2
Thunder Spirits
Acrobat Mission
Sparkster
Super Bonk
Magic Sword
Wild Guns
Spanky's Quest
Legend of The Mystical Ninja
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Mega Man X3
Aero Fighters
Assault Suits Valken
Phalanx

That's a long list lol. Excellent work!

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I recently 1CCed Darius Twin. Not my favorite game in the series, but it was a 1CC none the less.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

I like it, too, though it's a bit too long for my taste & very console'ish (remaining lives count at the end, yuck!). The x68 version is better, SNES resolution sucks as always...

Here's my o.k.'ish score on Phalanx -- unfortunately I lost one life and since you have to get a 1lc for a top score, it's just o.k., I guess. Took the middle path in the cave & didn't do any bonus stages IIRC:

Phalanx-Fine.jpg

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
I like it, too, though it's a bit too long for my taste & very console'ish (remaining lives count at the end, yuck!). The x68 version is better, SNES resolution sucks as always...

Here's my o.k.'ish score on Phalanx -- unfortunately I lost one life and since you have to get a 1lc for a top score, it's just o.k., I guess. Took the middle path in the cave & didn't do any bonus stages IIRC:

View attachment 41655

Unfortunately scoring is broken in SNES Phalanx as you can milk the stage 7 boss forever for a counterstop if you want. I don't know if that applies to te 68K version though. I also enjoy this game for what it is, my only real complaint (besides the broken scoring) is that the game is way too long.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Unfortunately scoring is broken in SNES Phalanx as you can milk the stage 7 boss forever for a counterstop if you want.

Good to know, I didn't care that much for it to check it out... a circumstance, along with the length, that makes this game even more a console affair.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got a 1LC today on Majyuuou / King of Demons, very fun game damn shame its so expensive.

List updated:

Sengoku Densho SFC
Majyuuou SFC (1LC)
Super Castlevania 4
Dracula X (1LC)
Super Turrican
Super G & G (1LC)
U.N. Squadron
King of Dragons
Pirates of Dark Water
Robocop vs Terminator

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Did 4-5 total runs on final Fight SNES and got a 1CC. I really like the music in here, but everything else is a mess. I like how the AI for Andores in the cage are improved, really makes it cheaper them side stepping my pipe. In any case I call this Final Fight lite weight edition.

Also is it just me, or do all SNES emulators lag really bad? Sometimes my inputs don't come out, not sure if its the game or not (it happens a lot when barrels or lots of sprites show) I did this on higan, but same results almost from SNES9x, although Zsnes seemed to have less lag.

Anyways, I need to work more on the arcade. The best i've done is a 2CC.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Did a 2player HARD 1CC with Wild Guns, what an awesome game. 1Player was JarOfMayo, 2player me. PS4 version is still my favorite though. Capture quality from GV-USB2 S-video isn't too bad especially considering the price. It comes out more soft than my Sega Genesis. 2player Pocky & Rocky is probably our next goal.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared Knights of the Round today.

This was years in the making (off and on play), but only in the past month did things really start to click.

kotr.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice, need to pick up that cart again.

It's a lot of fun, for sure.

So I cleared Psycho Dream.

This one took many attempts due to the last final stage + boss.

Once you get a hang of the power up system, locate the right spots to farm power ups/health and know where to "bomb", stages 1 through 5 aren't too bad.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
After owning it for about a week, I cleared The King of Dragons
with the elf.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared Mega Man 7 after a few attempts this week. Wily's final form did give me a little trouble.

Also, this has become one of my favorite Mega Man themes.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Completed Castlevania IV today. Never had the chance to own it back in the day. Now I know why everyone raves on about it.

Next will tackle Super Metroid....