SNES 1CC thread aka hop on that bandwagon thread.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse.

I still don't like this game. I like War of The Gems though.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I find both to be ok, WOTG has more than the one plane stages which is cool and I feel some of the combos are cooler but it's also 'cause it was released after MA. Both games were fine choices to represent the franchises while hot on the CPS2. I have to say some of the sprite work is pretty dull though but overall the game plays great even Cap looks like a dork.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared Mega Man X3. I used the gold armor, but no z-saber. Maybe getting the z-saber will give me an excuse to play the playstation version.

Anyways, list updated. All performed on original hardware.

Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy
Return of Double Dragon
Ghost Chaser Densei
Ninja Warriors
Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1 LC)
Turtles in Time
Hagane (2-ALL)
Power Rangers: The Movie
Mega Man X
Biometal
Sonic Blast man II
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou
Marvel Super Heroes : War of The Gems (1 LC)
Sengoku Densyo
Edono Kiba
UN Squadron
Super Castlevania IV (1-ALL)
Contra III : The Alien Wars (1-ALL)
Run Saber
Captain Commando
Ultimate Fighter
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Ninja Gaiden II)
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Axelay (1-ALL)
Castlevania : Dracula X
HyperZone (1-ALL)
Rushing Beat Ran
Skyblazer
Super Ninja Kun
Ganbare Daiku No Gen-San
Pocky & Rocky 2
Darius Twin
Kendo Rage
The Peace Keepers
GS Mikami : Joreishi wa Nice Body
Space Megaforce
Super Adventure Island
Battle Zeque Den
Kishin Douji Zenki Rettou Raiden (2-ALL)
Mega Man X2
Thunder Spirits
Acrobat Mission
Sparkster
Super Bonk
Magic Sword
Wild Guns
Spanky's Quest
Legend of The Mystical Ninja
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
Mega Man X3
Aero Fighters

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That's fucking awesome. I'm trying to do this with Fami stuff but my old man hands are having a hard time keeping up.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Geez, that's one hell of a list!!! I look at some of those like Axelay, Contra III, Dracula X, and Pocky & Rocky 2 and can't help but think you must have some pretty godly reflexes.

I've only ever managed to 1CC 3 SNES games: Final Fight 2, Mega Man X, and Mega Man X2. I haven't dumped enough runs into X3 yet, but I'll get that perfect run eventually; I've gotten X4 down to 58 minutes 1CC.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've gotten X4 down to 58 minutes 1CC.

I've seen you post this before. Isn't it like an annual tradition for you to quickly clear MMX4?

I've spent only a little time with X4. Maybe I should start playing it.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Actually, the US version doesn't loop. Aero Fighters is indeed on deck though.

That was very disappointing to me when I found out the US version inexplicably has the loop cut from the game. I've always wondered if there was a gameshark/genie code or something where you could enable it. Are you planning on playing the US version or the SFC Sonic Wings?

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
No love for SFC Sonic Wings? I was intended on trying for a 2-ALL on the SFC Sonic Wings but I have so much shit already piled up it's going to be a while.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
No love for SFC Sonic Wings? I was intended on trying for a 2-ALL on the SFC Sonic Wings but I have so much shit already piled up it's going to be a while.

Love, shmov.

I AM GOING TO PLAY MY XTRA RARE GAME, NOT PLAY CHEAP LOOP GAME

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, only 1CC the rarez, too cool for cheap commons stuff...that's for pegboys and such...

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Yeah, only 1CC the rarez, too cool for cheap commons stuff...that's for pegboys and such...

Heh, well I already did 1CC Aero Fighters about a year ago but I like teh cheap commons too.

Anyway, good luck with Aero Fighters. Frankly I think it's best best shmup on the SNES, certainly the best if you are a fan of Psikyo.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're prolly right, SNES shmups are slim pickings...that I know of that is.

Super E.D.F. > E.D.F. Arcade.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Actually yes. Super EDF is probably the most underrated shmup on the SNES. You literally never hear anyone talking about it but it's actually a very slick and polished game with the perfect amount of challenge and an actual scoring system that isn't totally broken (a rarity amongst console shmups sadly).

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I've seen you post this before. Isn't it like an annual tradition for you to quickly clear MMX4?

I've spent only a little time with X4. Maybe I should start playing it.

I'm not surprised you have a great memory considering your 1CC record :) MMX4 every Christmas (1CC w/X and Zero, back to back runs), 'cause we were poor as fuck and yet my Mom still got it for me from Capcom directly since it was out of print and not available in stores anymore. I vowed to my Mom that I would never forget that gift and would always play it at least once a year.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Good Mom = Good Son...all we need is a little violin and the mood is set.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
That's 'cause most people are too busy 1CC'ing the rarez, lol.

Not particularly, I don't like it because of its RPG'ish power-up system. Same goes for Kidou Soukou, the poorman's Musha. Besides, together with Phalanx the latter is more underrated than Super E.D.F. Tho I have to admit, 1CC'ing teh rarez is a league of its own, hahaha... ;).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
oli, why is it that you always try to amp the shit with random shenanigans...I mean, what was all of that filler for? Phalanx might be more underrated than SEDF simply 'cause is more well known, you can thank grandpa for that, lol.

I do have a legitimate question though, are you one of them douches that calls Fatal Fury Garou Densetsu? You know, some wackjobs thinks is cool to do such, lol. Imperium just sounds better and more people can part take in your filler, don't you think?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It just happens that I played all three and share a different opinion. Super E.D.F. is indeed well known in the EU, while Phalanx had no Deliverance cover art and was dismissed or ignored by domestic magazines. US imports were also less common than Japanese ones, so naturally I had to know them games by their native names, especially if there was no PAL release. I don't care what sounds better, if it plays mundane & trite -- which is my subjective opinion on Imperium.

BTW, amp the shit? You have a better opinion about me, than I deserve. There's really no controversy whatsoever in my posts.