SNES 1CC thread aka hop on that bandwagon thread.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Defining 1cc on SNES is a bit weird, but if we are going with "no game overs", I could claim:
Final Fight 3 (All characters, expert)
TMNT4 (hard)
Gradius 3
Super Punch Out!!
Mega Man X
Cybernator
Kirby's Dream Course
Micro Machines
Super Smash TV

Maybe more, hard to think of stuff.

I consider 1CC to be the same as no game overs/no continues. For games like Zelda or Metroid I'd say 1 death = game over.

I guess Zelda 2 has lives, but I think that's the only one.

Last edited:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I've only 1 cc a few games.
Goof Troop
Pocky and Rocky
Tetris Attack
Tiny Toons: Buster Busts loose
and that's about it.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I've cleared the first loop of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts a few times tonight, but I'm not going to chock this one up on the list unless I clear both loops.

The second loop isn't much harder than the first. I'm just having some goddess bracelet troubles.

I damn near have the 1cc on this game. @ death don't get the goddess bracelet until the stairs where you half to fight the two Cocktrice heads. I always use the dagger and w/ the golden armor magic it make very short work of stage 7. Especially those miserable Fire brand devils. I made it throught the first loop and all the way to stage 4 before loosing my gold armor. Man the game is a bitch w/o it.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally sealed the deal, got a no death run on Super Ghouls N Ghosts SNES! Man what a chore, I lost my magic armor twice though once on the second loop stage 1 to those stupid skull towers that drop skulls. Then again on stage 3 spiral towers those damn goblins that drop down on you. Stage 3 is the hardest stage imo so much randomness its hard to get a pattern down. It has ended my perfect run many times lol.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Finally sealed the deal, got a no death run on Super Ghouls N Ghosts SNES! Man what a chore, I lost my magic armor twice though once on the second loop stage 1 to those stupid skull towers that drop skulls. Then again on stage 3 spiral towers those damn goblins that drop down on you. Stage 3 is the hardest stage imo so much randomness its hard to get a pattern down. It has ended my perfect run many times lol.

Impressive. Congrats!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I think the only games I have 1CC'd on the SNES are Super Mario World (LOL), Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter II and Top Gear 2. I'm not very good at videogames :(

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

Well done, game is on my list to check off as well

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Sure, the SNES isn't very arcade like in spirit, but damn does it have it's fair share of beat 'em ups/action games.

1CC's

Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Return of Double Dragon
Ghost Chaser Densei
Ninja Warriors
Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1LC)
Turtles in Time
Hagane
Power Rangers: The Movie
Mega Man X
Biometal
Sonic Blast man II
Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou
Marvel Super Heroes :War of The Gems (1 LC)

Hey Death, whats some of your strategies for Final Fight or do you have any video's of it? This game has always gave me problems.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey Death, whats some of your strategies for Final Fight or do you have any video's of it? This game has always gave me problems.

Beat 'em up fundamentals and practice. SNES Final Fight is Final Fight Ultra Lite.

A max of three enemies on the screen. Ludicrous default extend rates. If you've played a moderate amount of beat 'em ups in your lifetime, you should progress quickly solely with repetition because Final Fight is really as archetypal as it gets.

I will say it's easier to maintain crowd control by use of the throw ender combos (hold down when finishing a standard chain). Also, Cody's shifting infinite (punch, punch, *turn around whiff* punch, punch) can help deal more damage, but it's use is far from mandatory.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I 1cc'd Skyblazer.

I've put off spending real time with this game for awhile, despite owning it for years.

It's great, but I have two gripes.

1. The generosity with extends is too extreme.
2. Some of the music is a bit too beautiful.
Despite popular opinion, having a tear in your eye when you play can be distracting.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
1cc'd Super Ninja Kun.

The last boss was a joke, I kept shooting him with lightning in the same spot, ducked his shot and repeated.

Then I used my dragon magic to shoot his corpse and pretended to fly away from the scene. SO COOL.

ninja kun.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared "Hammerin' Harry" tonight too. Added Pocky & Rocky 2, Darius Twin and Kendo Rage.

grow, list

Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy
Return of Double Dragon
Ghost Chaser Densei
Ninja Warriors
Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1 LC)
Turtles in Time
Hagane (1 ALL)
Mega Man X
Biometal
Sonic Blast man II
Marvel Super Heroes : War of The Gems (1 LC)
Sengoku Densyo
Edono Kiba
UN Squadron
Super Castlevania IV (1 ALL)
Contra III : The Alien Wars (1 ALL)
Run Saber
Captain Commando
Ultimate Fighter
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Ninja Gaiden II)
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Axelay (1 ALL)
Castlevania : Dracula X
HyperZone (1 ALL)
Rushing Beat Ran
Skyblazer
Super Ninja Kun
Ganbare Daiku No Gen-San
Pocky & Rocky 2
Darius Twin
Kendo Rage
The Peace Keepers
GS Mikami : Joreishi wa Nice Body

Last edited:

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Finally got around to clearing Space Megaforce.

Wow, quite the coincidence, I'm working on trying to clear that game on wild difficulty, it's quite a bitch. I'm actually in the process of trying to clear all the SNES shmups on the hardest difficulties, playing on real hardware and recording the results. Anyway, here's what I've completed so far:

Aero Fighers, Super Hard Difficulty
Axelay, 2-ALL on Hard
BlaZeon, 2 Loop Clear on Hard
D-Force, Hard Difficulty
Darius Twin, No Deaths
Earth Defense Force, Hard Difficulty
Firepower 2000, No Deaths
Gradius III, Arcade Difficulty
Imperium, Hard Difficulty
Phalanx, Funny Difficulty
Raiden Trad, Pro Difficulty
Strike Gunner STG, Otaku Difficulty
Super Nova (Darius Force), Hard Difficulty
Thunder Spirits, Maniac Difficulty, No Deaths
U.N. Squadron, Gamer Difficulty

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cleared Super Adventure Island, Battle Zeque Den and Kishin Douji Zenki Rettou Raiden (2 ALL).

Battle Zeque Den, is long and cumbersome. Out of a decent sized repertoire of attacks, only a couple prove to be effective/safe (air throws on/off ledges, low damage projectile spam on most bosses).

I can recommend Zenki though. It's Hagane's younger, slightly awkward, easier, licensed cousin.

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Have you tried Iron Commando? I love that game but I died A LOT playing it when I picked it up, haven't played it in awhile though. Game looks great and plays pretty good but is tough.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Have you tried Iron Commando? I love that game but I died A LOT playing it when I picked it up, haven't played it in awhile though. Game looks great and plays pretty good but is tough.

Yeah, I've tried Iron Commando.

I didn't care for it. It pulls off the "let's rip off Capcom's Punisher on the SFC" well, but none of the tools in the game appear to be safe, everything does extremely low damage etc. The relatively aggressive AI would be welcomed if it weren't for a lack of tools. I could be way off, though. I didn't put heavy time into the game.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
Finally cleared Space Megaforce/Super Aleste on Wild Difficulty (no deaths too!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJVNw-zIFzo

I think this is one of best shmups on the SNES (I still haven't played the entire library but I'm getting there). It gets very crazy in wild mode, so many bullets and crap all over the place, and it lasts for over an hour with pretty much no breaks in intensity.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Yeah, I've tried Iron Commando.

I didn't care for it. It pulls off the "let's rip off Capcom's Punisher on the SFC" well, but none of the tools in the game appear to be safe, everything does extremely low damage etc. The relatively aggressive AI would be welcomed if it weren't for a lack of tools. I could be way off, though. I didn't put heavy time into the game.

Yeah, I agree with the Punisher comparison. It would definitely befit from a overhaul of the damage system, I'm not even sure if it would be possible to 1cc. I enjoy it , 2P especially is great.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I recently cleared Acrobat Mission. I think it's by far the most underrated shooting game on the SFC.

I've added a few more to the list.

Final Fight
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Final Fight Guy
Return of Double Dragon
Ghost Chaser Densei
Ninja Warriors
Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1 LC)
Turtles in Time
Hagane (1 ALL)
Mega Man X
Biometal
Sonic Blast man II
Marvel Super Heroes : War of The Gems (1 LC)
Sengoku Densyo
Edono Kiba
UN Squadron
Super Castlevania IV (1 ALL)
Contra III : The Alien Wars (1 ALL)
Run Saber
Captain Commando
Ultimate Fighter
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Ninja Gaiden II)
Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
Axelay (1 ALL)
Castlevania : Dracula X
HyperZone (1 ALL)
Rushing Beat Ran
Skyblazer
Super Ninja Kun
Ganbare Daiku No Gen-San
Pocky & Rocky 2
Darius Twin
Kendo Rage
The Peace Keepers
GS Mikami : Joreishi wa Nice Body
Space Megaforce
Super Adventure Island
Battle Zeque Den
Kishin Douji Zenki Rettou Raiden (2 ALL)
Mega Man X2
Thunder Spirits
Acrobat Mission

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wow, quite the coincidence, I'm working on trying to clear that game on wild difficulty, it's quite a bitch. I'm actually in the process of trying to clear all the SNES shmups on the hardest difficulties, playing on real hardware and recording the results. Anyway, here's what I've completed so far:

Aero Fighers, Super Hard Difficulty
Axelay, 2-ALL on Hard
BlaZeon, 2 Loop Clear on Hard
D-Force, Hard Difficulty
Darius Twin, No Deaths
Earth Defense Force, Hard Difficulty
Firepower 2000, No Deaths
Gradius III, Arcade Difficulty
Imperium, Hard Difficulty
Phalanx, Funny Difficulty
Raiden Trad, Pro Difficulty
Strike Gunner STG, Otaku Difficulty
Super Nova (Darius Force), Hard Difficulty
Thunder Spirits, Maniac Difficulty, No Deaths
U.N. Squadron, Gamer Difficulty

I have all these games (except Thunder Spirits which I cannot stand) and that is fucking impressive!