Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 184

Thread: SNES 1CC thread aka hop on that bandwagon thread.

  1. #26
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Dark Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MASS

    Posts
    21,415
    Uggghh! That trilogy is so ruff, I just don't like the AST and is missing some stuff too, the graphics upgrade come in good and bad parts. Is cool to play for kicks though.

  2. #27
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    Uggghh! That trilogy is so ruff, I just don't like the AST and is missing some stuff too, the graphics upgrade come in good and bad parts. Is cool to play for kicks though.
    Yeah, aesthetically speaking NG Trilogy is certainly a mixed bag, with a higher ratio of bad to good. I will say that control-wise NGII didn't feel any worse than the NES original though.

  3. #28
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Dark Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MASS

    Posts
    21,415
    I keep reading shenanigans about delays on the trilogy but I have yet to experience it 'cause I can speed run NG3 no problem and haven't ran into any issues that affected my speed run. I probably couldn't speed run it now but when I was hot on the money I didn't notice any problems.

  4. #29
    Lazy SNK Employee
    IrishNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States

    Posts
    55
    does LTTP count? i beat that with a 000 (no saves/deaths) file as a kid! yeah, it doesn't count.


  5. #30
    Angel's Love Slave
    Azra113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Quebec

    Posts
    1,064
    The only games I ever managed to 1cc was Turtles in Time at hard and Contra 3 at Medium.
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn Sutton View Post
    I love Quebecois because of fuckers like you

  6. #31
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    1cc'd Marchen Adventure Cotton 100% tonight.

  7. #32
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    I've cleared the first loop of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts a few times tonight, but I'm not going to chock this one up on the list unless I clear both loops.

    The second loop isn't much harder than the first. I'm just having some goddess bracelet troubles.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 04-08-2014 at 09:07 PM.

  8. #33
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    I've cleared the first loop of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts a few times tonight, but I'm not going to chock this one up on the list unless I clear both loops.

    The second loop isn't much harder than the first. I'm just having some goddess bracelet troubles.
    That's what always destroyed my 1cc runs in the original Ghouls on the Genesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

  9. #34
    Ukyo's Doctor
    Mendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Finland

    Posts
    1,235
    I was sooooo close to getting that un squadron 1cc yesterday. Will keep trying.

  10. #35
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    I've made quite a snoozefest of a video here.

    I proudly present - Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow Of Justice (1 life clear)


  11. #36
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    I've been slacking on my SNES. After owning the game for 12 years, I finally got around to getting the 1 ALL for Axelay (2-6).

    Updated list

    Final Fight
    Final Fight 2
    Final Fight 3
    Final Fight Guy
    Return of Double Dragon
    Ghost Chaser Densei
    Ninja Warriors
    Cosmo Police Galivan II : Arrow of Justice (1 LC)
    Turtles in Time
    Hagane (1 ALL)
    Power Rangers: The Movie
    Mega Man X
    Biometal
    Sonic Blast man II
    Gourmet Sentai Bara Yarou
    Marvel Super Heroes : War of The Gems (1 LC)
    Sengoku Densyo
    Edono Kiba
    UN Squadron
    Super Castlevania IV (1 ALL)
    Contra III : The Alien Wars (1 ALL)
    Run Saber
    Captain Commando
    Ultimate Fighter
    Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (Ninja Gaiden II)
    Marchen Adventure Cotton 100%
    Axelay (1 ALL)
    Castlevania : Dracula X
    HyperZone (1 ALL)
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 07-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.

  12. #37
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    I 1cc'd Dracula X. It's hardly the marathon Super Castlevania IV is ha.

    Dracula's final form was a pain in the ass though.

  13. #38
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    joecommando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    bellingham WA

    Posts
    828
    mega man x-x3
    un squadron
    contra 3
    turtles in time
    killer instinct
    super puncout
    does super metroid without dying count? lol

  14. #39
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by joecommando View Post
    does super metroid without dying count? lol
    Yes

  15. #40
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Dark Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MASS

    Posts
    21,415
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    I 1cc'd Dracula X. It's hardly the marathon Super Castlevania IV is ha.

    Dracula's final form was a pain in the ass though.
    Still a decent feat.

    This is going to sound akward but after the years playing NES action games like Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, Megaman, you know stuff like that. I've always felt that SNES games are longer, bigger, harder!

    Trying Cybernator, not having a good run yet. Tough game, Hagane is also a bitch! Jesus!

  16. #41
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    Trying Cybernator, not having a good run yet. Tough game, Hagane is also a bitch! Jesus!
    Cybernator/Valken is a nut I have yet to crack. I've only been able to make minimal progress with it throughout the years.

    However, the first loop of Hagane is very fair though. Although a firm understanding of the tools and patterns is necessary, the game doesn't need to be learned inside-out for the clear.

  17. #42
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    Added HyperZone 1-All (2-6).

    I may have beaten this as a kid in like 1994, but I don't know.

    I was really scruby and had very little patience back then.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 07-10-2014 at 11:56 AM.

  18. #43
    The Chinese Kid Kid Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Panda Islandô

    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Added HyperZone 1-All (2-6).

    I may have beaten this as a kid in like 1994, but I don't know.

    I was really scruby and had very little patience.
    Man, I'm surprised you sat all the way through that game. When I got it as a kid I felt it was so slowwwwwww.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

  19. #44
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Man, I'm surprised you sat all the way through that game. When I got it as a kid I felt it was so slowwwwwww.
    Although I can consciously delve into nostalgia and appreciate it, I would say I'm pretty good about not letting it cloud my judgement. Whether that's concerning games or anything else for that matter.

    So yeah, HyperZone is pretty bad. But I'm always going to like it.

  20. #45
    Armored Scrum Object

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington

    Posts
    256
    UN Squadron on Gamer Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXW5xI1qnBc
    Gradius III on Arcade Difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ1_8hbp9I


    Other's I've done but don't have videos of them:
    Contra III on Hard
    Darius Twin
    Final Fight
    Last edited by pegboy; 08-11-2014 at 03:44 PM.

  21. #46
    So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Dark Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MASS

    Posts
    21,415
    Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Although I can consciously delve into nostalgia and appreciate it, I would say I'm pretty good about not letting it cloud my judgement. Whether that's concerning games or anything else for that matter.

    So yeah, HyperZone is pretty bad. But I'm always going to like it.
    I happen to share the sentiment, is a game I hate 'cause is so straight forward but I love it at the same time 'cause I feel like I'm light years ahead of here.

  22. #47
    Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,343
    Doh...thought this was the nes thread... nothing to see here.

  23. #48
    Cheng's Errand Boy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    France

    Posts
    112
    Long time no play to SNES but the last 1CC I made was on a shooting game: Super E.D.F. (Super Earth Defense Force).
    Love that shoot from Jaleco.
    I got now in arcade PCB and that's much more difficult but I still prefer the SNES version

  24. #49
    Bashful Neophyte
    MURPHAGATOR!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    asdf

    Posts
    10
    Defining 1cc on SNES is a bit weird, but if we are going with "no game overs", I could claim:
    Final Fight 3 (All characters, expert)
    TMNT4 (hard)
    Gradius 3
    Super Punch Out!!
    Mega Man X
    Cybernator
    Kirby's Dream Course
    Micro Machines
    Super Smash TV

    Maybe more, hard to think of stuff.

  25. #50
    Insane Neo-Freak
    andsuchisdeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts

    Posts
    6,030
    Quote Originally Posted by MURPHAGATOR! View Post
    Defining 1cc on SNES is a bit weird, but if we are going with "no game overs", I could claim:
    Final Fight 3 (All characters, expert)
    TMNT4 (hard)
    Gradius 3
    Super Punch Out!!
    Mega Man X
    Cybernator
    Kirby's Dream Course
    Micro Machines
    Super Smash TV

    Maybe more, hard to think of stuff.
    What makes the definition weird?

    EDIT: Stuff, like Super Metroid/Zelda I suppose could be considered gray/weird.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 08-15-2014 at 04:38 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •