Neo Geo Pocket Production Numbers?

turq

Quiz Detective
I was curious if anyone knew of a source for how many cartridges were produced for each Neo Geo Pocket title?

I have occasionally seen some brief mentions of numbers here and there, for example, there is a comment at the bottom of this thread suggesting that there are only 70-100 complete copies of the UK version of Pocket Reversi in circulation. Also, here is a very old thread from this forum claiming that 2,000 copies of Evolution and 10,000 copies of Faselei! were made (though they don't specify whether they were for just UK or Japan as well).

Any sources/links/rumors would be welcome and barring that- - perhaps people could hazard a guess at a related question: What is the order of rareness for NGPC titles from rarest to most common?

:)

turq

Quiz Detective
Guinness World Records lists Pocket Reversi as the rarest game for the NGPC...

Puzzle game Pocket Reversi is the most sought-after release for the NeoGeo Pocket Color handheld console. Released by publisher SNK in 2000, it is estimated that only 1,000 copies of the game were manufactured for the European market and, of these, fewer than 100 copies were actually sold. As such, a complete copy of the game with packaging and instructions is a highly desirable collector’s item and is likely to fetch in excess of £100 ($162) in today’s market.

Featured in Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2010

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
Personally I think there are rarer NGP games than Reversi, or at least titles that are much harder to find. The B&W Euro releases for example rarely show up for sale, yet Reversi is always on eBay, you just have to pay more for it.

AlecRob

Banned
I have a japanese copy of pocket reversi that i got for free. How many copies of the japanese version do you think there are?

Ukee

Geese's Thug
When in Japan I saw a copy SVC: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition for about $200, don't know if it is a rare game or if the game store was being an average game shop dick but I did almost buy it just cause I hadn't heard of it till then.

turq

Quiz Detective
When in Japan I saw a copy SVC: Card Fighters 2 Expand Edition for about $200, don't know if it is a rare game or if the game store was being an average game shop dick but I did almost buy it just cause I hadn't heard of it till then.

Expand is certainly one of the less common titles for the NGPC, but $200 is definitely overpriced. There was a copy on eBay recently that went unsold @ $70.