8man's Neo-Geo Collection

daigle

n00b
Im really new here so I dont even know if anything I say will mean anything amidst a sea of overwhelmingly positive feedback but....GOD DAMN!

aclbandit

Another Striker
If I didn't have a fetish for good shelving before... I'm there now.

Slowclap.gif, you know?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Does 8man have every version (Jap, US, Euro, Korean) of every Neo game (MVS full kits, AES, Neo CD)?

Last edited:

Neo Geo Leo

4" Chinaman Slave, ,
I thought that it may be seen as blasphemy for a collector to own the "pap" that is the NGX? Did Tommo's patch really fix all that was sooooo wrong about the NGX? I sold mine on about a week after ownership!

Elder

NEST Puppet
To say I'm impressed would be the understatement of millennium. This is one of the greatest game collections I've ever seen...period.

Ironman

n00b
Wow, amazing! Is there anything you don't have in your collection that your still looking for?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Incredible collection. I can only imagine the feeling you must get every time you go in that room.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Did anybody see that RARE JPN AES Monolith game: Mahjong Minashanno from 1990?
I haven't seen another one, evar...

You mean the plastic box MONOLITH version?

It's quite rare, not from 1990 though.

Minasan no Okagesama Desu! ~ DaiSugoroku Taikai was first, originally released on July The 1st, 1991 - together with NeoGeo Japanese domestic re-launch (dedicated to consumer sale market, not rental, you know). It was, indeed, the carton box version, but it was a new release, just as those other 5 titles which never got a plastic box release (namely: Ghost Pilots, Sengoku Denshou, King of the Monsters, Raguy and ASOII -Last Guardian-). This means: no plastic box version of Minasan had been released prior to the carton box one. Yet, Minasan got a first plastic box re-print (just as both Magician Lord and Majaan Kyouretsuden also did, being re-printed with altered inserts), the plastic version with MONOLITH logo. Then again, the game got a second plastic re-release, with the SNK logo. Quite a troubled distribution story indeed. :)

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
How much is the admission charge to the 8man museum? Are there souvenirs? :D

Seriously though, amazing collection, well done... well done.

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
You mean the plastic box MONOLITH version?

It's quite rare, not from 1990 though.

Minasan no Okagesama Desu! ~ DaiSugoroku Taikai was first, originally released on July The 1st, 1991 - together with NeoGeo Japanese domestic re-launch (dedicated to consumer sale market, not rental, you know). It was, indeed, the carton box version, but it was a new release, just as those other 5 titles which never got a plastic box release (namely: Ghost Pilots, Sengoku Denshou, King of the Monsters, Raguy and ASOII -Last Guardian-). This means: no plastic box version of Minasan had been released prior to the carton box one. Yet, Minasan got a first plastic box re-print (just as both Magician Lord and Majaan Kyouretsuden also did, being re-printed with altered inserts), the plastic version with MONOLITH logo. Then again, the game got a second plastic re-release, with the SNK logo. Quite a troubled distribution story indeed. :)

I think I got that version...gonna check tonite.
In any case,it means that my full set is not complete...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
all nUbz who enter this thread shall henceforth be "blessed"

Spoiler:
EitwgYo.jpg

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I think I got that version...gonna check tonite.
In any case,it means that my full set is not complete...

It all depends if you want all the 'double/triple' version of each game, and to what degree.

I.E. as I said both Magician Lord and Majaan Kyouretsuden have three version each (Plastic1 - Carton - Plastic2).

Garou Densetsu and Garou Densetsu 2 also updated from TM to (C) on their logo (insert reprint).

Again, a lot of titles got insert reprinted with different SNK hotline number - I have some kind of a hope-fully list. ^^

A lot of games have even minor discrepancies from production run to production run: everybody knows about Metal Slug 3 for the pretty evident altered insert page, but that's just a more evident tip of an iceberg:a lot of 1996-1997 games where produced with or without Gold Warning Sticker, according to production run. ^^

Again, it all depends on what you consider 'meaningful enough' to tell a run as a 'version' different from another. :-)