(refunded) SHEEP NOVA...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
EDIT: I've been trying to get the dead game working for a few hours and oh god, I have never experienced this, when I unplugged the game, the right part of the PCB was so hot I burned myslef, it was really about to melt down. Fuck this, seriously.

Well, long story short, DO NOT buy anything from Sheep Nova, chinese seller on ebay.

Let's forget his false promises or the time he took to send the games and focus on the main problem here. The way he packs his games... This is the absolute worse packing job I have ever seen in my whole life and I've seen some serious shit, trust me. I've just bought 2 PCBs from him... rare and expensive PCBs mind you and here's how he packed them:

He wrapped them up in 1 layer of regular/no-antistatic bubbles wrap and then taped one PCB on top of the other one, nothing between. He directly throwed that in a DHL mailler... and I'm not even talking about a bubble mailler, just one of those very thick plastic-ish DHL mailler. This has to be seen to be believed...

5uz6G.jpg

You know what's funny? I've asked him to pack the games very well to make sure nothing gets damaged in transit. I even throwed an extra for the packing material and whatnot. I aslo asked him to send the games by EMS so I don't have to deal with one the worst shipping company ever that is DHL and directly pick up my package at my local canada post office... That was just asking too much I guess.

Oh and did I told you about the condition of the games? :tickled: That's just the cherry on the cake, they really looks like shit. Thing is, I'm not talking about dust or funny smells, I'm talking about damaged /crushed caps (have you ever tried to crush a cap? Try it...) and rust, yeah, no battery leaking or shit like that, actual real rust on a PCB, it doesn't get any better than this.

Now you want to know if the games works I guess, right? Ahah! Let's get to it. One of them is dead and by dead I mean freaking dead, no picture, no sound, nothing. The other one is acting funny with missing sound effects and weird picture due to the crushed capitators.

I've e-mailled the guy today but I'm not expecting much from such a cheap fogot. He saved what... 10 bucks or something with that packing job?

Another seller to add to that "never again" list of mine and I really hope you guys do the same :cool:

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
.The way he packs his games... This is the absolute worse packing job I have ever seen in my whole life and I've seen some serious shit, trust me.

second worst :lolz:

seriously. ebay deal? chargeback time. file your complaint if he does not refund your dough.

ps: what pcb was it? expensive?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
second worst :lolz:

seriously. ebay deal? chargeback time. file your complaint if he does not refund your dough.

ps: what pcb was it? expensive?

Well, at least an MVS cart don't have any caps exposed unlike those 2 PCBs, so that chinese guy deserve the first place in my book :tickled:

Thing is, I contacted him through ebay for some non listed stuff and the deal was finalised outside ebay :/

Those PCBs were all the Toaplan love I never got, fuck me, seriously :(

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Thing is, I contacted him through ebay for some non listed stuff and the deal was finalised outside ebay :/

dealing with china without a safety net? christ dude. tell me you didnt pay via gift.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
ps: sheep nova? you sure the seller isn't from new zealand?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
dealing with china without a safety net? christ dude. tell me you didnt pay via gift.

Nah, I'm not that dumb, I'll never send paypal money with the gift option to save a few bucks. I'll do a chargeback, that's for sure, I just want to hear back from him first. I've experienced this once (chargeback outside ebay) and I got fucked big time so I'll try to play nice this time :tickled:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Well, it looks like I played well, I've sent only one e-mail, I was polite, nice all all, you know I'm french canadian after all and here's what I just got in my mail box.

SHEEP NOVA said:
Hi,

I've been refund,I do appologize because the item was packed by my employee,I should packed by myself,Is possible to revised the item?

Thanks!

I got a paypal confirmation for the refund. I had very low expectations and I'm really surprised to be honest. Should I edit the thread or something? What the hell just happened? :scratch:

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've dealt with him before and got a damaged PCB. Instead of sending it back he gave me a full refund and said he would send another one in a month. He never sent it, and I never bothered to email him about it.

His packing jobs really do suck, but he's a very nice guy to deal with. It's a shame these games are getting damaged because he can't be bothered to ship in a damn box.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I've dealt with him before and got a damaged PCB. Instead of sending it back he gave me a full refund and said he would send another one in a month. He never sent it, and I never bothered to email him about it.

His packing jobs really do suck, but he's a very nice guy to deal with. It's a shame these games are getting damaged because he can't be bothered to ship in a damn box.

Which game did you buy? This guy can get some really rare games it seems but damn, they really looks like shit. I heard cardboard boxes are made out of rice in china (seriously), he probably can't resit and eat them all when he pack the games :emb: <= embarased :tickled:

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Which game did you buy? This guy can get some really rare games it seems but damn, they really looks like shit. I heard cardboard boxes are made out of rice in china (seriously), he probably can't resit and eat them all when he pack the games :emb: <= embarased :tickled:

if i was sending it it would be ok, but if the boxes were made of bamboo, i cant make any promises. and what the fuck?!?! your employee? does this asshat not train anyone? fuck this guy

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
if i was sending it it would be ok, but if the boxes were made of bamboo, i cant make any promises. and what the fuck?!?! your employee? does this asshat not train anyone? fuck this guy

what do you expect for 8 yuan per day?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

I know you would never kill any Toaplan boards kiddo, I wish you had everything I want for sale... Wait, sell me that Fire Shark PCB!!!! :D

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The really sad thing is, that its almost intentional, the boards almost always get destroyed. in cory's case its seems like its all the time. I feel horrible for you, the one that gets real hot may have bad rams too if its getting hot to the touch. Ive got a snow brothers that has some, and you could cook an egg on the thing after 10 mins of it being on.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ninja Baseball Batman (boot) that was all kinds of screwed up. Explained all of the problems and without me even asking, just refunded me. I was going to remind him to send the replacement but just seemed like a waste.

He's selling a Ryoga Armor Force (Wolf Fang) that I'm interested in, but am afraid to just have it arrive busted up. This one is much more than the NBB I bought from him. I also feel like his prices are completely random, but that's just how ebay is in general.

Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Dealt with him 2-3 times, hes a nice guy to deal with. But his packaging is always really shoddy, 1 layer of bubble of bubble wrap 2 if youre lucky and a box barely bigger than the pcb itself. Somehow the boards got here safely each times.

And the boards are indeed pretty nasty looking, no rust on what I received. But grime and scratches on ics from staking boards. It seems the chinese ops really dont give a fuck about their hardware at all.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I ordered some carts and a pcb from him before. The PCB like all PCBs I get take a bath as it was dirty but it wasn't "Yaton" dirty.

This guy gets rare shit all the time. At one point he even had a bang bang busters cart with the SNK flash packs.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
This is the same dude I bought my Denjin Makai II/Guardians PCB from that was shipped in a cardboard sleeve inside of a plastic mailer envelope. Guess you know why the standard shipping he offers is "free". Kind of annoying that he will also try and discourage you from paying the extra for EMS shipping(can't complain about free shipping in ebay feedback).

At least the PCB I got was non-bootleg and in good working order. It was dirty but I've definitely got lots dirtier PCBs from China.

To bad his contacts in China don't seem to care much about packing and shipping safety because like Xian Xi says this dude definitely gets rare stuff. Though the pictures posted aren't exactly the exact item being listed and are more representative. So if a non-boot is pictured it isn't any sort of iron clad guarantee thats not what you will end up receiving.

Though since some folks have gotten refunds with no arguments for damaged PCBs I would probably be lying if I said I would never risk buying from him again.

-TGM

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I have purchased several MVS carts from this seller. I find that the carts are reasonably priced, but are in rough condition; the labels are torn to hell, some carts have had paint drops on them, and the boards on one cart were so dirty I had to give them a thorough cleaning before it worked. Also, the packing for the shipping is very crude. For me, I don't care about the cosmetic aspects of MVS carts; as long as the cart is legitimate and works, I am happy. So I have been happy with the purchases I have made from this seller.

I also find his communication to be very good. In one case, he even shipped the items out to me before I had paid for them.

silverstar

New Challenger
I would say change the thread title. "Avoid at all costs" is a bit much since he made good on the refund fast and without hassle.
I've bought several MVS games from him in the past and while some carts were dirty everything worked fine.

He also has good communication, fast and polite replies (not an ebay standard).

Last edited:

mr aize

Dodgeball Yakuza
I've bought mvs games from him an had no complaints, but then you can't really fuck up sending an mvs game, less you just stick a stamp on the actual cart or something.... Found him very polite and easy to deal with so wouldn't say avoid at all costs.... Maybe just don't buy pcbs from him...

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I just ordered from him, then of course i see this thread...

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I just ordered from him, then of course i see this thread...
I sent out a warning to people in another thread, think it was his bootleg Breaker's Revenge (Double Dragon II) thread.

I, too ordered a bunch of MVS carts, I can understand sticking by the opinion of people you trust on this board, but at the same time I'll try a deal once with someone just to have my own experience and view on things. Plus the MVS carts I simply could not scoop myself by other means, so we'll see how this ends up.

I'm hoping for some piss dirty carts, I remember sitting out on the couch with a bucket of isopropynol/q-tips and some 150 Famicom carts that needed to be cleaned. My wrist has never recovered. :)