Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: NES 1CC THREAD OF POWAH!

C.Kidd's XO

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Just watched a video, that's hardcore asid. Congrats! Did you play the US or the JPN version? Curious if you got the badass 'Old Glory' ending.
    US. I'm curious about the JPN differences if any exist.

I don't think it was very hardcore because I took the easy way out. There is a glitch you can perform near the beginning of the first stage that allows you to transform instantly into the super werewolf. You'll stay in this form as long as you can avoid every "anger" power up in the game (and avoid taking enough damage which brings you back to human form). This is a challenge in itself, mainly due to stage 4's off screen power up that materializes maybe 50% of the time.

Also, being the super werewolf gives you an insane jump which can be unwieldy at times. Many sections of the game were not designed for an enabled super werewolf.

That being said, using the super glitch presents a huge advantage overall. The high jumps will allow you to avoid a lot of trouble, and your attack is incredibly powerful. Maybe one day I'll try to clear the game sans glitch.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 02-17-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Cham Cham's Banana

Took a long break, but got back into the NES lately. Finished up Batman. Man, my hands have not hurt this bad in a long time. Also finished the 1cc on Isolated Warrior. I always enjoy the way KID designed games on the NES. Dynowarz is done as well. I did not care for this game. One of my least favorite "new" experiences on the NES in quite awhile. It's like a poor man's Blaster Master. Well, maybe a really poor man's.

Up next, maybe Duck Tales 2 or Wacky Races.

C.Kidd's XO

Quote Originally Posted by fantat View Post
    I always enjoy the way KID designed games on the NES.
    Same.

Have you ever spent time with Kickmaster?

I think it's my favorite KID nes title next to GI Joe Atlantis Factor (I should really play more of the first one).

I used to own Isolated Warrior (congrats on the clear) and Low G Man, but never spent enough time with either.

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    Same.

Have you ever spent time with Kickmaster?

I think it's my favorite KID nes title next to GI Joe Atlantis Factor (I should really play more of the first one).

I used to own Isolated Warrior (congrats on the clear) and Low G Man, but never spent enough time with either.

Yes, I have heard of Kickmaster. Never played it though. It's been on my list. Low G Man is a favorite of mine. I got it for my birthday as a kid and put many an hour into it. I've never played Atlantis Factor either. I enjoyed the first GI Joe so I will put this one on the list as well. One of my other KID favorites is Burai Fighter. I'd recommend checking that one out if you haven't.

Also, got the 1cc on Darkman over the weekend. This games absolutely sucked. One of the worst I've ever played. If it wasn't for the source material and the fact I bought this garbage as a kid I wouldn't have even bothered.

Thread Information