Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NES 1CC THREAD OF POWAH!

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    My G.I. Joe Taxan cart is glitching like crazy, I've cleaned it many times and still no luck. I'm gonna ahve to get me another, in the meantime I'm gonna work on Megaman II. My plan is to 1CC all the games I really loved as a kid, the ones I know the songs by heart, the ones I can still remember playing those late nights with very low volume being all stealthy so my parents wouldn't wake up and catch me playing at 2AM. I remember taking turns with my brother in Ninja Gaiden, I was really jonsing for him to die quick so I could play...good times.
    Nostalgia rules, good times indeed, and unforgettable memories.
    I remember my brother and I playing NES on our old B&W TV on the weekdays, being very quiet as to not get caught; we were supposed to play on the weekends only you see. Needless to say our occasional groans, giggles, and/or yelling gave us away, our NES was confiscated. We only saw our beloved NES saturday and sunday from then on.

Time Soldier

I got the G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor 1CC today.

It was a lot of fun. I took a long break from it, started fresh today and actually 1 life cleared it.

Next time I play this though, I need to find a new route to take because I received Snake Eyes and Duke very late in the game. I never had a chance to level them up, and without doing so, they can die in one hit. Thankfully, my main partner in destruction was
    b7x1.jpg

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes have a projectile that comes from their melee attack. If you tap down after firing this, you can cancel the animation and create an insane fire rate. Point blanking certain bosses with this obliterates them. Anyways, awesome game. Recommended. I suppose I should go and start playing the first G.I. Joe now..
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 08-09-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    I just 1CC'ed Castlevania last night and then I lost all my lives on stage 24 (2nd loop). I almost flipped the counter back to zero, I've done it before but only 'cause I couldn't beat Death and I kept milking the cross to level it up and in the process gain some extre lives. My final score was 994200 Stage 24.

Damn man, I gotta give you huge props on that feat! I can do a no death run on it almost every single time except when the bats on the last stage don't cooperate. Do they sometimes give you a problem? I have a certain way that works like a charm almost every time on them. But every now and then they will seem to shoot a damn fire ball that I just can't avoid then plummet do my doom. Either way I need to start playing the second loop I have made it to the second stage with Medusa. Those medusa heads that are flying the whole stage are really overwhelming. Just the thought of what the final stage would be like just scares me.
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

Hurry take the quick survey here on NG.com to find out now! All winners will receive a free prize from our very own "Judge Dredd".

Duck King's DJ

Done a no death run on Rygar several times this week.
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

Hurry take the quick survey here on NG.com to find out now! All winners will receive a free prize from our very own "Judge Dredd".

Cholecystectomy Required.

The only NES game I ever 1CC'd was SMB. Every other one required some reflexes that I just did not have time to sit down and refine. I should try to do so nowadays, Contra and Mega Man 3 I own and seem to be likely candidates for this mission.

Time Soldier

I've been slacking quite a bit on my nes gaming lately. Today I finally 1cc'd Mega Man 2. I'm generally all thumbs when it comes to NES Mega Man games, so getting the 1cc in an evening came as quite the surprise.

Here's the updated list, all performed on original hardware.

Contra
    Super Contra
    Contra Force
    Kabuki Quantum Fighter
    Ninja Crusaders
    Ninja Cop Saizo (Wrath of the Black Manta)
    Choujin Sentai Jetman
    Spartan X 2
    Double Dragon II
    Double Dragon III
    Mighty Final Fight
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain (Shatterhand)
    Vice : Project Doom
    Ninja Gaiden
    GI Joe : The Atlantis Factor
    Mega Man 2
    Kickmaster
    Castlevania
    Crisis Force
    Dragon Fighter
    Mega Man 6
    Juoki (Altered Beast)
    Trojan
    Heavy Barrel
    Ninja Gaiden II
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 01-20-2014 at 11:13 AM.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

I found the arcade version of P.O.W. on mame not too long ago, and was very disappointed. Is it just me or does the NES version have better music?

B. Jenet's Firstmate

At one point, I think that I 1CC'd Megaman X. It was so sweet, especially when beating Sigma's final form. Man, that was awesome!

A tougher game that would be really fun to 1CC- Holy Diver for the Famicom!

Duck King's DJ

Finally can add Frankenstein: the monster returns to my list. Got Jackal tonight as well not too bad just need more time with it. Probably could no death run Jackal all about enemy placement.
    Last edited by MCF 76; 12-06-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Does anyone know if it's difficult or worth it to 1cc Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle? I haven't played it since the early 90s.

Time Soldier

I 1cc'd the first loop (2-8) of the Kickmaster today. Criminally underrated.

Time Soldier

I finally 1cc'd the first loop in Castlevania. I lost all of my lives on stage 24 (Stage 2 loop 2).

Now I understand the power of Holy Water.

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    I finally 1cc'd the first loop in Castlevania. I lost all of my lives on stage 24 (Stage 2 loop 2).

Now I understand the power of Holy Water.
    holy water conquers all
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Time Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by ggallegos1 View Post
    holy water conquers all
    Yeah, it really does. Not only for it's hit stun, but for it's scoring potential. I ended my run with a score of 524,870. If I can learn how to deal with the second loop medusa head bullshit i'd like to get the 2-All.

EDIT: I see that EG almost counterstopped the game at stage 24 with the crosses. I'd have to imagine that's a bitch considering the holy water is far superior as far as boss fights go. Sure, you can milk big with the crosses too, but if you (me with a cross) can't kill the bosses what good is it. Sheesh.

MAYBE IF EG STILL POSTED HERE HE COULD EXPLAIN

EDIT: This morning I reached stage 4 on loop 2 (stage 31) with a score of 624270. This second loop is no joke.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 01-04-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Time Soldier

I got the 1cc for Crisis Force. Functioning as pretty much the side game to my Castlevania fest that's been going the past few days, I've finally learned how to play the game despite owning the cart for years.

Bombs are stupidly over powered, theres no reward in keeping them, so use them.

Red power shot 2 (ring blaster-esque) is really the best shot in the game.

I planned on taking a screen shot but the highscore doesn't show up after the ending credits. Overall the game is very pretty, and pretty easy. It's dece.

Time Soldier

I 1cc'd Dragon Fighter today. Awesome game. It's hardly a memorizer, but it's important to have a firm sense of meter management, and to know when and where transformations are needed.

Being able to infinitely milk enemies for meter on most of the stages is a plus. Stage 6 is a purely hori shooter!

Natsume 4 lyfe.

Time Soldier

Mega Man 6 1cc a few minutes ago.

Time Soldier

I got around to 1ccing Altered Beast tonight.

It's just as much of a bore as the Genesis port, however the extra levels and animal transformation's (Shark, Griffon, long blonde mane-animal) novelty factor is strong enough.

Time Soldier

After years of not clicking with Trojan, I finally got the hang of it last night and got the 1cc today.

After years of not clicking with Trojan, I finally got the hang of it last night and got the 1cc today.
    I love some Trojan! Glad you got the 1cc. The ball and chain guys before Achilles still give me problems though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Time Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by kidpanda View Post
    The ball and chain guys before Achilles still give me problems though.
    Well, if you're powered up you can kill them with one jump in attack and two crouching attacks each.

I found the second power up this morning and was able to 1 life clear it.

NES 1CC THREAD OF POWAH!

Well, if you're powered up you can kill them with one jump in attack and two crouching attacks each.

I found the second power up this morning and was able to 1 life clear it.
    Nice! I haven't gotten the 1 life clear yet but it was one of the few games I did beat when I was a kid. Truth be told I like Trojan more than Ghosts N Goblins.
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Time Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by kidpanda View Post
    Nice! I haven't gotten the 1 life clear yet but it was one of the few games I did beat when I was a kid. Truth be told I like Trojan more than Ghosts N Goblins.
    I've never liked Ghosts N' Goblins. I do love both Ghouls N' Ghosts and Super Ghouls N' Ghosts though.

Time Soldier

I got the Heavy Barrel 1cc a few hours ago.

It's definitely one of the best, if not the best overhead run 'n gun on the NES. Although I need to play more Guerrilla War/Guevarra in order to accurately make that assessment.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Not to be a cock, but how do you find so much time to 1CC games, andsuchisdeath?

Thread Information