NES 1CC THREAD OF POWAH!

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
My G.I. Joe Taxan cart is glitching like crazy, I've cleaned it many times and still no luck. I'm gonna ahve to get me another, in the meantime I'm gonna work on Megaman II. My plan is to 1CC all the games I really loved as a kid, the ones I know the songs by heart, the ones I can still remember playing those late nights with very low volume being all stealthy so my parents wouldn't wake up and catch me playing at 2AM. I remember taking turns with my brother in Ninja Gaiden, I was really jonsing for him to die quick so I could play...good times.

Nostalgia rules, good times indeed, and unforgettable memories.
I remember my brother and I playing NES on our old B&W TV on the weekdays, being very quiet as to not get caught; we were supposed to play on the weekends only you see. Needless to say our occasional groans, giggles, and/or yelling gave us away, our NES was confiscated. We only saw our beloved NES saturday and sunday from then on.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the G.I. Joe: The Atlantis Factor 1CC today.

It was a lot of fun. I took a long break from it, started fresh today and actually 1 life cleared it.

Next time I play this though, I need to find a new route to take because I received Snake Eyes and Duke very late in the game. I never had a chance to level them up, and without doing so, they can die in one hit. Thankfully, my main partner in destruction was
b7x1.jpg

Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes have a projectile that comes from their melee attack. If you tap down after firing this, you can cancel the animation and create an insane fire rate. Point blanking certain bosses with this obliterates them. Anyways, awesome game. Recommended. I suppose I should go and start playing the first G.I. Joe now..

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I just 1CC'ed Castlevania last night and then I lost all my lives on stage 24 (2nd loop). I almost flipped the counter back to zero, I've done it before but only 'cause I couldn't beat Death and I kept milking the cross to level it up and in the process gain some extre lives. My final score was 994200 Stage 24.

4b439089-2c85-28af.jpg

4b439089-2c92-0ce7.jpg

4b439089-2cc2-4f25.jpg

Damn man, I gotta give you huge props on that feat! I can do a no death run on it almost every single time except when the bats on the last stage don't cooperate. Do they sometimes give you a problem? I have a certain way that works like a charm almost every time on them. But every now and then they will seem to shoot a damn fire ball that I just can't avoid then plummet do my doom. Either way I need to start playing the second loop I have made it to the second stage with Medusa. Those medusa heads that are flying the whole stage are really overwhelming. Just the thought of what the final stage would be like just scares me.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Done a no death run on Rygar several times this week.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The only NES game I ever 1CC'd was SMB. Every other one required some reflexes that I just did not have time to sit down and refine. I should try to do so nowadays, Contra and Mega Man 3 I own and seem to be likely candidates for this mission.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I've been slacking quite a bit on my nes gaming lately. Today I finally 1cc'd Mega Man 2. I'm generally all thumbs when it comes to NES Mega Man games, so getting the 1cc in an evening came as quite the surprise.

Here's the updated list, all performed on original hardware.

Contra
Super Contra
Contra Force
Kabuki Quantum Fighter
Ninja Crusaders
Ninja Cop Saizo (Wrath of the Black Manta)
Choujin Sentai Jetman
Spartan X 2
Double Dragon II
Double Dragon III
Mighty Final Fight
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tokkyuu Shirei Solbrain (Shatterhand)
Vice : Project Doom
Ninja Gaiden
GI Joe : The Atlantis Factor
Mega Man 2
Kickmaster
Castlevania
Crisis Force
Dragon Fighter
Mega Man 6
Juoki (Altered Beast)
Trojan
Heavy Barrel
Ninja Gaiden II

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I found the arcade version of P.O.W. on mame not too long ago, and was very disappointed. Is it just me or does the NES version have better music?

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
At one point, I think that I 1CC'd Megaman X. It was so sweet, especially when beating Sigma's final form. Man, that was awesome!

A tougher game that would be really fun to 1CC- Holy Diver for the Famicom!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally can add Frankenstein: the monster returns to my list. Got Jackal tonight as well not too bad just need more time with it. Probably could no death run Jackal all about enemy placement.

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Does anyone know if it's difficult or worth it to 1cc Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle? I haven't played it since the early 90s.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I 1cc'd the first loop (2-8) of the Kickmaster today. Criminally underrated.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I finally 1cc'd the first loop in Castlevania. I lost all of my lives on stage 24 (Stage 2 loop 2).

Now I understand the power of Holy Water.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
holy water conquers all

Yeah, it really does. Not only for it's hit stun, but for it's scoring potential. I ended my run with a score of 524,870. If I can learn how to deal with the second loop medusa head bullshit i'd like to get the 2-All.

EDIT: I see that EG almost counterstopped the game at stage 24 with the crosses. I'd have to imagine that's a bitch considering the holy water is far superior as far as boss fights go. Sure, you can milk big with the crosses too, but if you (me with a cross) can't kill the bosses what good is it. Sheesh.

MAYBE IF EG STILL POSTED HERE HE COULD EXPLAIN

EDIT: This morning I reached stage 4 on loop 2 (stage 31) with a score of 624270. This second loop is no joke.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the 1cc for Crisis Force. Functioning as pretty much the side game to my Castlevania fest that's been going the past few days, I've finally learned how to play the game despite owning the cart for years.

Bombs are stupidly over powered, theres no reward in keeping them, so use them.

Red power shot 2 (ring blaster-esque) is really the best shot in the game.

I planned on taking a screen shot but the highscore doesn't show up after the ending credits. Overall the game is very pretty, and pretty easy. It's dece.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I 1cc'd Dragon Fighter today. Awesome game. It's hardly a memorizer, but it's important to have a firm sense of meter management, and to know when and where transformations are needed.

Being able to infinitely milk enemies for meter on most of the stages is a plus. Stage 6 is a purely hori shooter!

Natsume 4 lyfe.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got around to 1ccing Altered Beast tonight.

It's just as much of a bore as the Genesis port, however the extra levels and animal transformation's (Shark, Griffon, long blonde mane-animal) novelty factor is strong enough.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
After years of not clicking with Trojan, I finally got the hang of it last night and got the 1cc today.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The ball and chain guys before Achilles still give me problems though. :(

Well, if you're powered up you can kill them with one jump in attack and two crouching attacks each.

I found the second power up this morning and was able to 1 life clear it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Well, if you're powered up you can kill them with one jump in attack and two crouching attacks each.

I found the second power up this morning and was able to 1 life clear it.

Nice! I haven't gotten the 1 life clear yet but it was one of the few games I did beat when I was a kid. Truth be told I like Trojan more than Ghosts N Goblins.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Nice! I haven't gotten the 1 life clear yet but it was one of the few games I did beat when I was a kid. Truth be told I like Trojan more than Ghosts N Goblins.

I've never liked Ghosts N' Goblins. I do love both Ghouls N' Ghosts and Super Ghouls N' Ghosts though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the Heavy Barrel 1cc a few hours ago.

It's definitely one of the best, if not the best overhead run 'n gun on the NES. Although I need to play more Guerrilla War/Guevarra in order to accurately make that assessment.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Not to be a cock, but how do you find so much time to 1CC games, andsuchisdeath?