Gradius II (2-All)
Power Blade 2
Power Blade (1LC)

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I 1cc'd Power Blade 2 this morning.

I very much enjoy it's linear design in comparison to it's relatively nonlinear prequel.

I should go back and play PB1 more though..

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I 1cc'd Power Blade 2 this morning.

I very much enjoy it's linear design in comparison to it's relatively nonlinear prequel.

I should go back and play PB1 more though..

Both are great games. Never knew 2 existed until emulation. I remember renting 1 and playing it a ton, awesome for a late NES title. Congrats.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Both are great games. Never knew 2 existed until emulation. I remember renting 1 and playing it a ton, awesome for a late NES title. Congrats.

Well you know, I ended up spending time with Power Blade 1, and I do feel it's the better game out of the two. It's "nonlinear" nature wasn't as pronounced as I initially thought. Overall, the pacing is much better than two's, and the first game's "three hits and you lose your armor" style adds a sense of urgency PB2 doesn't have. Also having no extends is pretty cool IMO, as opposed to the extend granted after every stage in PB2. They're both very different games.

While clearing the game, I used a few sleazy tricks I learned from some videos. PB1 has a grenade glitch applicable to 4 of the game's bosses. You buffer your grenade right when the door opens to the boss fight and it's an insta-kill. I also used a few wall clips to expedite my routes.

I want to go back and 1 life clear it, and maybe fight a few of the bosses I grenaded. I still think 2 is great though. I'll probably go back to both games for the 1LC.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared the first loop of Daiku no Gensan today.

I'll likely get the 2-ALL soon.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I forgot to put in the thread, I cleared Double Dragon a couple of weeks ago. Not bad for not playing in over 20 years. I never beat it as a kid and went all out on it. I didn't know how to do the heart max glitch so I went through the whole game like normal. The green Abobos in the flashing cave gave me a bit of trouble but other wise it worked out good. I did seem to figure out a cool little trick though. If you start at the top of the area and move diagonally down and just use kick, you can pretty much bust any enemies ass.

9532cb5ac6477e832152ad50a1ea8da2.jpg

6eca5e8bc27116f5a714d6898ac8b79b.jpg

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I forgot to put in the thread, I cleared Double Dragon a couple of weeks ago. Not bad for not playing in over 20 years. I never beat it as a kid and went all out on it. I didn't know how to do the heart max glitch so I went through the whole game like normal. The green Abobos in the flashing cave gave me a bit of trouble but other wise it worked out good. I did seem to figure out a cool little trick though. If you start at the top of the area and move diagonally down and just use kick, you can pretty much bust any enemies ass.

Goddamn, I love an NES on a CRT.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
The ones I remember are Jackal and Guerrilla War.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
How is this game?

I don't necessarily count "too easy" as a strike against a game, but in X2's case, it is.

It looks great, controls well, it's fun, and it's super short. But this game should have included a "hard" mode, or at least a second loop.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Also the back elbow works wonders as an Abobo killer.

The heart max glitch is cool and all, however if you can milk a couple baddies here and there you'll max your hearts in no time.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I finally 1CCd Silver Surfer over the weekend. Man, this damn game. It's more about avoiding the enemies than shooting them and the bosses are the easiest part of the game. Oh, and of course the ending is totally stupid. Oh well. I crossed off a big nemesis from my childhood. Rush n' Attack is next.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I finally 1CCd Silver Surfer over the weekend. Man, this damn game. It's more about avoiding the enemies than shooting them and the bosses are the easiest part of the game. Oh, and of course the ending is totally stupid. Oh well. I crossed off a big nemesis from my childhood. Rush n' Attack is next.

Damn dude that hardcore, congrats man.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Damn dude that hardcore, congrats man.

Thanks man. It took me 25+ years to finally do it. I remember my parent's taking me to the store for my birthday and letting me pick out one game. I loved the source material and of course the awesome box cover sucked me in. I remember the first time I played it I literally used all my lives on like the first screen. Seeing the death screen every time you take a hit is really annoying. It really takes you out of the game. Besides avoiding the enemies, memorizing the stages is a must so you don't get killed by a cliff outcropping or other piece of the level. Despite the insane difficulty I still like the game. Probably nostalgia goggles, but oh well.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Cool.

Rush N' Attack...I've tried and I can't handle it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared the first loop of Jackal. I didn't feel like going for the 2-All.

Maybe someday.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
The Jeep game? Is the JP ver spelled Jackyl?

Fucking love that game. Was a favorite growing up.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yes the Jeep game. The japan fds game is called Final Command Akai Yosai.

I don't know why I initially spelled it weird.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got Heavy Barrel done last night, awesome game.

List updated:

Contra
Super C
Castlevania
Karnov
Ninja Gaiden
Double Dragon
POW
Friday 13th
Jaws
Legendary Wings
Jackal
Rygar
Frankenstein: The monster returns
Bad Dudes
Iron Tank
Heavy Barrel

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I one life cleared Werewolf : The Last Warrior this morning.

This took slightly over a month of consistent playing. Totally frustrating!

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I one life cleared Werewolf : The Last Warrior this morning.

This took slightly over a month of consistent playing. Totally frustrating!

Just watched a video, that's hardcore asid. Congrats! Did you play the US or the JPN version? Curious if you got the badass 'Old Glory' ending.