NES 1CC THREAD OF POWAH!

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
...the ones I can still remember playing those late nights with very low volume being all stealthy so my parents wouldn't wake up and catch me playing at 2AM.
MY MOTHER WOULD...
usually come in to check and make sure I was asleep, half an hour to an hour after going to bed. To make sure she didn't realise I was in fact 'stealth gaming for infants', I used to have a piece of BluTak that I would stick over the red LED to displace any suspicion.

It really worked too ;)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's Ninja! Aren't we all just the most nefarious NES fiends...

man9child

Rugal's Thug
I totally did the same thing, covering up the LED and all that.

Used to do that sometimes with games that wouldn't save and leave the system on all night and while I was at school. Fire hazard maybe?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Contra
Super C
Castlevania
Karnov
Ninja Gaiden
Double Dragon
POW
Friday 13th
Jaws
Legendary Wings
(so close to doing Iron Tank:mad:)

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Mega Man
Contra
SMB3
Jackal
Gradius
Wizards and Warriors
Metal Gear

At least that's what i remember the games i'd 1cc the most on the nes.There have been plenty of times i all most pull it off in castlevania,but then i screw it up.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Off the top of my head...

SMB1
SMB2
SMB3
TMNT (Yes, the AVGN one, and I did it without a Game Genie. It was the 90s, and I was a little kid. I had a lot of time.)
Mega Man 2
Rad Racer
Rad Racer 2

My recall is lacking this morning.

man9child

Rugal's Thug
I went through Castlevania 1 and almost pulled off Castlevania 3 the last two nights. Got up to death in CV3 and it took me a few tries to figure out a good way of avoiding the second form so I burned through a continue. :(

GUGFA

n00b
Contra
Darkwing Duck
Gyruss
Werewolf: The Last Warrior
Tiny Toon Adventures

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The power of yesterdays is a fond anecdote but the power of today is what defines us as NES warriors...

Today I got the Tokkyu Shirei Solbrain (Shatterhand) 1CC. It's a little disappointing that I did it by the skin of my teeth (last life, one bar of health). I suppose that gives me an excuse to keep playing.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I can finish Contra and Castlevania with 1 life, but I have to use the holy water trick with Castlevania. I posted these videos of Ninja Gaiden 2 a few years back too. I don't think I can 1cc it. I took on each stage separately while making the videos:

Stage 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Nailed the Double Dragon III 1CC today.

FO91V.gif

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Today I got the Tokkyu Shirei Solbrain (Shatterhand) 1CC. It's a little disappointing that I did it by the skin of my teeth (last life, one bar of health). I suppose that gives me an excuse to keep playing.

That last section altogether is vicious though, I've done it too the same way.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I got the 1cc on Ninja Gaiden today. Better late than never I suppose.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
G.I. Joe the Atlantis Factor. I'm in love.

I really like KID developed NES titles and I've always been a sucker for G.I. Joe, but this game and the first G.I. Joe game never clicked with me. People say this sequel is inferior to the first title, but I finally understand this game now.

I think it's top tier as far as licensed titles go, and I'm going to make it my next NES 1cc.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Anybody ever beat Wraith of the black manta? I swear to god, I have no idea how to beat the last guy. Hacked away at him for over an hour using everything I could think of. I think the game was bugged. His energy would stop dropping after 1.5 points.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I remember friday the 13th being hard, Jason was a monster. And fucking jaws.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
1CC

megaman 1-6
Contra
paperboy (unbelievably hard)
Ninja Kid
Monster Party
Double Dragon II
Super Mario Bros (big whoop)

Out of all those I can Still only 1CC The Mega Man games, Ninja Kid, Double Dragon II, and Super Mario Bros. Tried paperboy a couple weeks ago and got owned on the later levels. I could never 1CC Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania So Kudo's to those who did that is impressive. On an related note I've been attempting to 1CC Shaterhand for over 20 years. I can beat it but always use up continues.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
G.I. Joe the Atlantis Factor. I'm in love.

I really like KID developed NES titles and I've always been a sucker for G.I. Joe, but this game and the first G.I. Joe game never clicked with me. People say this sequel is inferior to the first title, but I finally understand this game now.

I think it's top tier as far as licensed titles go, and I'm going to make it my next NES 1cc.

I'm gonna have to give that game another look 'cause I know you wouldn't say that at less there's some real business going down. I dunno what drove me away but I'm gonna check it out. I still think that the 1st. G.I. Joe is amazing though.

Got my NES, craptastic custom stick (better than the advantage for sure) and games lined up so I'm ready to start training hard like a true NES hound!

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Anybody ever beat Wraith of the black manta? I swear to god, I have no idea how to beat the last guy. Hacked away at him for over an hour using everything I could think of. I think the game was bugged. His energy would stop dropping after 1.5 points.

You need to use the correct combination of four of the arts to beat him. There is more than one combination that will work. Oh and don't hit the kid.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm gonna have to give that game another look 'cause I know you wouldn't say that at less there's some real business going down. I dunno what drove me away but I'm gonna check it out. I still think that the 1st. G.I. Joe is amazing though.

Got my NES, craptastic custom stick (better than the advantage for sure) and games lined up so I'm ready to start training hard like a true NES hound!

I own the first G.I. Joe and I plan on sinking my teeth into it after the Atlantis Factor. I might end up enjoying it more than the sequel. I was equally unimpressed with both games initially. I'm generally not a fan of action titles that stray from being 100% linear nor do I get excited over rpg elements. That being said, I think the level design in The Atlantis Factor is pretty awesome ( make no mistake it is still a linear game) and I have been having a lot of fun with the leveling up. Also, Storm Shadow rules.

I have 1cc'd the famicom version, and I'll admit I don't remember jumping through any hoops to beat this boss. Maybe I lucked out by picking the correct combination of arts right from the start.