Any musicians want to collab?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I was sitting down today playing some Big Bear riffs, and went to lay down some tracks. I think it would be cool to get other people and collab on this. Do you play bass? Guitar? Keyboards? Maybe you're really good at producing, and have talent with mixing/mastering. Or you're able to build awesome drumtracks/beats. If you do, and have a way to record on your computer, let's see about getting something together. It would be cool for the Neo community to collaborate on a Neo track.

Here's some test riffs with Big Bear:

http://soundcloud.com/wespaul/test

:shredder::shredder::shredder:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
For realz, I think this would be very cool. We could even do something really cool like have 3 separate rhythm players (left channel, right channel, and down the middle), and then have various people play lead, whether it's the main melody, or trading off solos in the middle. I think it would be really cool to get some keyboards in it, too. Bring your own style and let's mesh the fuck out of everything --make something really cool.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i remember trying to do something like this a while back, but the timing was awful. lets rock this shit out im in for sure.

...paging fakexsound... we need your nutso harmonics!

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
I'd play something, and wouldn't totally drop the ball like that Megaman X thing we attempted.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I dropped the ball on that :( NEVAR AGAIN

THIS IS SRS BUSINESS

But seriously, for anybody interested - it doesn't matter what your skill level is. If you're genuinely interested, then get in on it. It's more about having fun and collaborating than trying to make the best, most perfect track ever.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'd play something, and wouldn't totally drop the ball like that Megaman X thing we attempted.

this is for you:

triangle2.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
lol

but serious

even if it sounds like complete shit, at least we actually went through with it

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If you can play 8 instruments, then play 8 instruments

Does anybody use dropbox? that would be a good way to transfer files

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Is that POD tone, or is that the real deal Fireball? Either way, it sounds great.

So, are we locked into starting with Big Bear's theme?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

easy enough to start with. there is an snk joke there too. also its hilarious.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, that's POD tone (X3 Pro). It would really benefit from having a bass thicken the sound, though.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing Dan's theme. It really lends itself to nice jazz/funk guitar. Can you program the drums?

EDIT - I think Dan's theme would sound pretty cool with slap bass. Can anybody slap bass?

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I'm in as long as I get the tabz

Also I am still up for the mega man x jams if you hosers ever change your mind

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Yeah, that's POD tone (X3 Pro). It would really benefit from having a bass thicken the sound, though.

I wouldn't be opposed to doing Dan's theme. It really lends itself to nice jazz/funk guitar. Can you program the drums?

EDIT - I think Dan's theme would sound pretty cool with slap bass. Can anybody slap bass?

i can start mapping out a bass line. i'll see what i can come up with.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
If someone needs a bass player with 15+ years experience just drop me a line.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Going by the main progression, which starts around the 30 second mark, I have this chord progression:

Cmin7 - Eb9 - Abmaj7 - D7#9 - G7 - Db9

Cmin7 - Bbmin7 - Eb9 - Abmaj7 - D9

I did a quick recording of it here - http://soundcloud.com/wespaul/jazzydancleantest

I chunked the chords just to make it sound livelier. If we recorded it, I think it would sound good if the chords just rang out, while the bass grooved under them and the lead melody maybe played via jazzy octaves, or if somebody wants to do the melody with a keyboard, that's cool too.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I play jazz saxophone and classical guitar. Let me know if either of those sounds would fit into what you're doing. I know the sax would probably fit in well with some neo geo type tracks.

edit: I just listened to your sample wes. I could definitely lay some sax over something like that. I'll try to get something down.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Going by the main progression, which starts around the 30 second mark, I have this chord progression:

Cmin7 - Eb9 - Abmaj7 - D7#9 - G7 - Db9

Cmin7 - Bbmin7 - Eb9 - Abmaj7 - D9

I did a quick recording of it here - http://soundcloud.com/wespaul/jazzydancleantest

I chunked the chords just to make it sound livelier. If we recorded it, I think it would sound good if the chords just rang out, while the bass grooved under them and the lead melody maybe played via jazzy octaves, or if somebody wants to do the melody with a keyboard, that's cool too.

could you bounce that to mp3 and email that to me? i'll pm you my email.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Sure dude. This is just a small part. If I remember right, after the progression ends, it goes back into that A-G-A-etc progression, but then it plays that other progression around the 1:00 mark, and then instead going into the A-G-A little riff, it continues the other progression where crazy solos play. I didn't sit down to figure if it's just repeating it, or if it has little changes here and there. I just churned this thing out in 5 minutes, so it could probably use tweaking too.