Olympic football

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Who's going to win the Olympic football tournament .

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
any jocks playing for England.personally they should have joined forces with GB team at least they had a change of winning something.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
any jocks playing for England.personally they should have joined forces with GB team at least they had a change of winning something.

I think there's a couple of welsh folk but thats about it, must be because we're shite at football these days :lolz:

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Scottish football going through hell at the moment with what's happen to rangers,they should be made to surrender they championship they won two seasons ago,,anyway enough of Scottish football.
Has Germany got a team in the olympics,or are they still sulking from the lose to Italy

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
anybody got the list of teams for the olympics?

also during beijing, soccer was actually held in surrounding cities, or just plain different cities, i wonder if this will be the case in london?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
anybody got the list of teams for the olympics?

also during beijing, soccer was actually held in surrounding cities, or just plain different cities, i wonder if this will be the case in london?

link to the soccer teams.

my vote is for new zealand if they can get their haxx0ring skills up to snuff on the pitch.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I checked the list of the olympic teams and it's a joke. This could potentially be a very important tournament, but the olympic commission doesn't take it seriously.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Team to watch Uruguay and Luis Suarez...
As for the venues different city's are hosting the matches not sure which stadium are used

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
This could potentially be a very important tournament, but the olympic commission doesn't take it seriously.
They probably take it as seriously as they could/should--that is, they can't offer any financial incentives to winning teams (and by extension, their players) like FIFA can, and they can't pour the amount of money specifically into football without risking the anger of leaders of other sports.

Usually, I would say, the problem extends to having to share the stadia used during the Olympic games with other sports, which the World Cup would never have, and goes-on from there. I don't think it's fair to get angry at the Olympic Committee for not matching the level of the World Cup, because they have a whole lot more to handle with, arguably, less resources with which to do it.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
should teams approach this tournament with attack minded formations or counter attack football?

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
should teams approach this tournament with attack minded formations or counter attack football?
I'm thinking a 1-4-5 formation will win the Olympics.
icon30.gif

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
zero interest Olympic football

im off to Baltimore to watch Liverpool play Spurs in a friendly next week. That is more interesting to me

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
brazil

Not me I rather watch brazil over Liverpool and spurs, seriously are you saying spurs play exciting football over brazil.....
Brazil. Vs spurs or Liverpool in know how will win

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I'm quite looking forward to it, can't beat a bit of footie on the TV.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
free footie on tv and it's HD not going miss that,,,, hell even watching women footie

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Not interested.... I have more interest in washing what's left of my hair....

xROTx

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I see we upset the North Koreans :lolz:
I missed the fact that women's football is worth anything, let alone rebelling against the same system which (likely) has more money than their entire country.

In any case: Every Olympics, places around the USA seem to love to put pictures of female footballers in advertising, and it's ridiculous. Nobody in the world really seems to care about women's football, but people in the USA seem to think its rise-and-fall popularity is some kind of godsend to promoting the sport in a society dominated by the NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL leagues.

Yet despite this, the MLS is by-far a dominant leader for association football in USA/Canada, but every Olympics, people who know (it seems) little about football beyond watching youth leagues jump out of the woodwork to "cheer on" the women's football team that, even winning a medal, doesn't mean anything in the sport's grand scope.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Nothing wrong with women football specially if there's couple of Brazilian babes running about also it might be a good idea to vote who the babe of the tournament.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
England

England England England Ennnnggggllllaaaannnnddd
The dream of Olympic gold is truly alive for team GB.
Very good win over theyaregay I mean Uruguay
next south Korea then brazil