Super MVS Converter II question...

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
So I just received my Super MVS Converter II yesterday and I love it! But I was wondering how you add credits when playing a game? I'm not skilled enough to make it all the way through Metal Slug X on 4 credits, lol.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
If I recall correctly when I had one, even though the converter allows you to play an MVS game, it is still playing it in on an AES, so you will be set in home console mode, therefore you will only get 4 credits in any game. If you want to add credits, you would need a unibios installed to switch the game to arcade mode, where you could then add credits.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Damn, that sucks :/ I'm definitely not modding my American AES, I'll just have to get better lol.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Damn, that sucks :/ I'm definitely not modding my American AES, I'll just have to get better lol.

It's rough but that's part of the reason I sold my AES and picked up a CMVS, I don't think there are any Neo games I can 4 credit clear. With the unibios, I do switch to AES mode sometimes, for practice mode in games and things like that, but I usually play MVS mode so I can pop in credits.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Attach a second joystick on the 2P side, and voila, you've just doubled the number of credits you have.

How about buying a memory card and insert it into the deck? You can save your progress and resume from the last stage you died in.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Attach a second joystick on the 2P side, and voila, you've just doubled the number of credits you have.

How about buying a memory card and insert it into the deck? You can save your progress and resume from the last stage you died in.

Excellent advice, I never had a mem card for my aes,so I never thought about this, plus, they are a whole lot cheaper than a cmvs.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I have encountered this same issue myself. This is all fine advise, does the memory card save automatically after each stage, or do you have to do it manually?

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Didn't even think about the memory card option, probably because I don't have one, lol. Time to hunt one down :)