DZ begins a new collection

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Gonna go ahead and post up my new collection. I sold off everything a few years back and just recently got back into gaming again. I dont have a dedicated room anymore, so I'm making due with a huge walk in closet for now.

megaview.jpg
Mitsubishi MegaView 37" running Andro Dunos on Neo CD :tickled:. All the systems are hooked up via RGB.

pc.jpg
Windows 95 PC setup. 20" Samsung RGB monitor running all the classic FPS and DOS games.

games.jpg
My slim pickings console collection. It's very light right now...but not too bad for two months I guess.

jumbos.jpg
Had to fit my other obsession in the room!

living room.jpg
Living room setup. 55" Samsung 3D LED, Samsung wireless soundbar, Samsung BluRay, 360 and V1 Xbox.

tate.jpg
This resides in my bedroom with nothing but cable running to it, so I'm posting up an old pic. 40" Samsung LCD on a tate mech. Will be used for a shootie setup when I get a house.

Thats it for now. I'll update this thread with new stuff as I expand...AGAIN.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i like it. it's small, but it's mighty!

you just got back into this, you're fine. that rotating lcd is nice too- i need to make one of those.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Hey DZ, I updated the maximum file size for uploads from 100KB to 2MB per picture/file. If you want to update your OP to upload your original pics or whatever, please do so.

That's a bunch of gaming gear; dig the shooter setup. Thanks for sharing.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Nice stuff, what made you sell everything before? Always interesting to hear why people liquidate their lifes work.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Nice stuff, what made you sell everything before? Always interesting to hear why people liquidate their lifes work.

Was a combination of several things honestly, the biggest being that I was around games for 14 hours a day at work. The last thing I wanted to see when I walked in my home was a game. After being at a new job for a year now, I regretted selling some of my games, and thus I began buying select ones back again. Ill never get back to the massive collection I had, but I'll eventually own everything I will play again.

-DZ

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
That Megaview and Jumbo Machinder lineup you got is super, drool worthy!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Raydeen, Dragun, Mazinger, and Gaiking in that pic. I have a few more (Daimos, Godzilla, and Voltron) but they are in various stages of repair right now.

-DZ

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Love that you have Firefly playing in the background.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Raydeen, Dragun, Mazinger, and Gaiking in that pic. I have a few more (Daimos, Godzilla, and Voltron) but they are in various stages of repair right now.

-DZ

I had Daimos when I was really young. Loved that toy. Don't know why I never picked them up during my toy collecting phase. Always wanted a Great Mazinger jumbo machinder growing up.

By the way, what do you think about these? I might have to pick up a Toynami GoLion and Dairugger jumbo. Description says they're 24" tall too.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=toynami+jumbo

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I had Daimos when I was really young. Loved that toy. Don't know why I never picked them up during my toy collecting phase. Always wanted a Great Mazinger jumbo machinder growing up.

By the way, what do you think about these? I might have to pick up a Toynami GoLion and Dairugger jumbo. Description says they're 24" tall too.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=toynami+jumbo

They are very cool, but they are more of a large vinyl then a machinder. However, since they are put out there under the Shogun Warrior name, people consider them part of the collection. However, for that price you can grab some of the really nice old school ones and get more enjoyment out of them.

-DZ

pheonixman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Any chance we can see your old collection of games also would be intresting

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
From nothing to multiple cabs is pretty crazy. Glad you're enjoying yourself though!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Some updated pics

IMG_20120929_160811.jpg
New PC setup. I have a rotating mech for it, however I'm being lazy and I haven't installed it yet.

IMG_20120929_160834.jpg
Finally finished off all of my current Jumbo Machinders, got a few more I'm working on that will be added soon.

IMG_20120929_160926.jpg
Updated game shelf part 1

IMG_20120929_161016.jpg
Updated game shelf part 2

IMG_20120929_160619.jpg
New 34" Tandberg VGA monitor w/ Dreamcast, 360, and x68000 (out for repair)

Last edited:

snkmiami

New Challenger
Dude that's nice I love old school games and robots from the 70's and 80's too.

Last edited: