Stealthlurker's Junk

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Is that Neo Geo neon sign actually paired with the cab, or a totally separate item? No idea why that caught my eye, but now I want one!

It's a totally separate item I saw on Ebay years ago. They may be really hard to find now (I've tried), so you might have to buy it from someone. However if you find a seller with a bunch of these let me know! I'd like to get another one or two, haha.

Here's a clearer pic of it. Don't mind the sticker residue on the top left corner.

closet4.jpg

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Winter "Wonderland". Donated one of my loose Victor Wondermegas to someone that could really use it (for free including shipping) earlier this month. Got a boxed SEGA WM and a boxed Victor v2 WM coming in.

DF975BCA-B161-452C-BBBC-8F457808A1C9-37380-00000FFED611992B.jpg

D555AB14-6A9C-4750-B11B-361AFC9C714C-37380-00000FFEFC0E32EE.jpg

870C6BE2-A01A-472D-A6B9-BED09E480135-37380-00000FFEE67F6732.jpg

5722FCED-7E1B-4A8A-A5AA-6FA9B74520F2-37380-00000FFEC3173A93.jpg

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Also a fan of arcade style console joysticks. Got a collection of about 30 or so sticks for various platforms. However the ones below are my favorites.

542058_546113008735335_1637084077_n.jpg

602780_546112872068682_132329786_n.jpg

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Seriously amazing collection. I'm in total awe.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Your love for Wondermegas is equal to my love for the Sharp X68000.

I only have two X68000s, but I always want more.

It's a disease.

Last edited:

Teddyboy16

Kuroko's Training Dummy

It's a disease.

Ugh! Don't even get me started on SNES. I'm always looking for the perfect SNES. It's one of my favorite consoles. I've always wanted a X68000. The games on it are fantastic, but I don't know a whole lot about them. :D

I always enjoy looking at this thread. :)

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman

It's a disease.

I don't blame you. X68ks are sexy beasts with amazing games. Absolutely beautiful machines.

I flip flopped many times on the idea of getting one or two 68ks, but I don't think I'd be able to really appreciate it because I'd always be irrationally nervous about using one.

I've had far too many bad experiences in the past with 5.25s going bad on me, such that it's affected me. Even though the general consensus is that you'll be fine and should have nothing to worry about, just can't help the feeling if this read might be the last.... or if the sounds of the drive heads sound just a bit diff from last time... that will make me apprehensive and or give me flashbacks of read drive failures/errors.

Also from what I've read, not all games can run from an HDD.

Modding one to read from a simulated drive on a SD card or something similar sounds better... but I dunno. If I'm going through the trouble of using real hardware, I'd wanna use the real physical games. Sure it's like using a flashcart. I've got flashcarts, but I actually only use them very rarely. Mostly for hacked/patched games.

I have the same problem with famicom disk games and FM Towns Marty games that need a 3.5 disk.

However, props to all you guys with real, working x68ks.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
holy crap man! you sell drugs or something? how the fuck can you afford all that stuff and a beamer?

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Awesome as always to see your collection!! Has your collection grown since the last time I was there? You need to invite me over again one day; it's been years since I came over. :)

Last edited:

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Awesome as always to see your collection!! Has your collection grown since the last time I was there? You need to invite me over again one day; it's been years since I came over. :)

Hey Andrew, how's it going man? Yeah, when work and stuff gets less busy let's definitely do another thing over a weekend. Haha, actually yeah it's grown quite a bit since you last visited. Mostly console-wise, no more room for arcades.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
those cabs are the shit. The dedicated SamSho 2 really impresses me... is that an official cab? where did you find it?

Last edited:

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Hey Andrew, how's it going man? Yeah, when work and stuff gets less busy let's definitely do another thing over a weekend. Haha, actually yeah it's grown quite a bit since you last visited. Mostly console-wise, no more room for arcades.

I'll take you up on that. I'm out of the country right now, but when I get back and you have the time let me know and I'm gonna bring it!!! :)

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
those cabs are the shit. The dedicated SamSho 2 really impresses me... is that an official cab? where did you find it?

Actually it's not a true SS2 dedicated cab. It just had a kit applied to it (marquee and control panel overlay). A true SS2 dedicated cab is white all around with an ice crystal like graphic.

A member of these forums has one, I believe SSS aka SamuraiShowdownSensei.

Should look like this, but with the correct banner marquee of course:
afdCFl.jpg

I'll take you up on that. I'm out of the country right now, but when I get back and you have the time let me know and I'm gonna bring it!!! :)

Sweet I'll shoot you a pm a few weeks in advance.

SSS

neo retired
Actually it's not a true SS2 dedicated cab. It just had a kit applied to it (marquee and control panel overlay). A true SS2 dedicated cab is white all around with an ice crystal like graphic.

afdCFl.jpg

that poor control panel. My overlay has yellowed (seems they all have), but is otherwise completely intact. Finding a NOS replacement would probably be impossible. Mine does have some sideart peeled away near the front edges, but luckily hadn't eaten into the logo itself.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Some custom made 3D logo signs. Really love how these turned out. The NeoGeo logo is 24" in diameter! Lettering is raised.

s8_zps9ddcc98a.jpg

s9_zps3c569036.jpg

s10_zpsb78ac947.jpg

s11_zps5ca21405.jpg

s7_zpsf178543c.jpg

s3_zps9a907937.jpg

s2_zps6980dca7.jpg

s1_zpsdf51a6aa.jpg

s4_zps7cdbdd84.jpg

s6_zpsb5c69947.jpg

s5_zpsa3598d5a.jpg

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Those logos turned out great. You going to use them for wall art?

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Those logos turned out great. You going to use them for wall art?

Not really sure yet. They have mounting brackets on the back for wall mounting though. I was thinking of maybe table stands for the smaller ones and maybe a pedestal stand for the NeoGeo.... or mount it on a door. Maybe a pedestal, indirect lighting lamp? For now just leaning it, haha.

93ad808c-37ac-4450-8cd0-9ac6897aa880_zps51270647.jpg

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
I don't blame you. X68ks are sexy beasts with amazing games. Absolutely beautiful machines.

I flip flopped many times on the idea of getting one or two 68ks, but I don't think I'd be able to really appreciate it because I'd always be irrationally nervous about using one.

I've had far too many bad experiences in the past with 5.25s going bad on me, such that it's affected me. Even though the general consensus is that you'll be fine and should have nothing to worry about, just can't help the feeling if this read might be the last.... or if the sounds of the drive heads sound just a bit diff from last time... that will make me apprehensive and or give me flashbacks of read drive failures/errors.

Also from what I've read, not all games can run from an HDD.

Modding one to read from a simulated drive on a SD card or something similar sounds better... but I dunno. If I'm going through the trouble of using real hardware, I'd wanna use the real physical games. Sure it's like using a flashcart. I've got flashcarts, but I actually only use them very rarely. Mostly for hacked/patched games.

I have the same problem with famicom disk games and FM Towns Marty games that need a 3.5 disk.

However, props to all you guys with real, working x68ks.

I hear you, every time I've thrown around the idea of getting into X68k it always comes back to how uncomfortable I am with 5.25s. Thinking about getting into MSX/2 instead, since the majority of games are cartridge.

But seriously, mostly wanted to post to say how much I enjoyed checking out your collection, absolutely amazing. I also like the baggy thing, where would one get a bunch of those? I'd especially like them for my US TG-16 games to help protect the jewel case labels.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I hear you, every time I've thrown around the idea of getting into X68k it always comes back to how uncomfortable I am with 5.25s. Thinking about getting into MSX/2 instead, since the majority of games are cartridge.

But seriously, mostly wanted to post to say how much I enjoyed checking out your collection, absolutely amazing. I also like the baggy thing, where would one get a bunch of those? I'd especially like them for my US TG-16 games to help protect the jewel case labels.

Totally and thanks!

I usually get the baggies on Ebay. Just make sure you get double disc and single disc (non-slim) resealable baggies when appropriate. For PS2 style cases I used resealable DVD baggies. If you buy in bulk (100 or more), you get a good discount not to mention a good supply for future growth.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member

afdCFl.jpg

that poor control panel. My overlay has yellowed (seems they all have), but is otherwise completely intact. Finding a NOS replacement would probably be impossible. Mine does have some sideart peeled away near the front edges, but luckily hadn't eaten into the logo itself.

Like this one (CP overlay in the middle)?

01310097.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.