scgon's collection thread

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Third isn't so bad.... Nice there is a gallery now! Here is the current line up... Had a bit of a purge lately, replacing Ikaruga with Type X2 if all goes to plan.

The twins! Newest addition and they are awesome, forgot to plug in the light on one....
IMAGE_75DD78B9-E1EC-4A2E-8883-CE0C973022FD.JPG

Had to give up a corner for the wifes drum set, small price to pay!

IMAGE_AEF44695-5099-408E-AE78-8BDC674998E2.JPG

Some art and Ikaruga! Soon to be SFIV!

IMAGE_1E8C3962-D3F6-4CD9-91FA-970F85086DC2.JPG

Boogie Wings is amazing, tore it up with Marsteam last week, epic game, so fun!

IMAGE_9DCF19DE-D5A6-42FA-96AA-D4970BC92619.JPG

The two big reds, one for popcorn, one Neo Geo, both excellent...

IMAGE_2B9FE6BB-76BC-4490-8666-7B6E6B2DE0E0.JPG

Little bit of console and that's full circle!

IMAGE_0AE8D015-2788-4AE6-9335-432FB0B2675F.JPG

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Awesome game room Scott :buttrock:

You should keep that Ikaruga setup btw, this game is teh shit! :D

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Thanks! And yeah Ikaruga is great... The most beautiful shooter ever and crazy cool puzzle mechanic, but I've been on a shooter spree lately, this gets little play and the cab is hi res only... Been wanting Type X2 so it's just all lining up.... Certainly a possible repurchase for the future!

Oh and visit Ottawa... You Marsteam and I will play some games and grab a beer. Pub is close by!

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
That is the most jam packed room I've seen! So many marquees/posters as well. I hope it doesn't feel too cluttered for you.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Nope... It's glorious..... : )

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'm loving your poster/marque collection. I hope some day I have enough room to put up all my posters in a similar fashion.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Amazing collection. I had thought of the same thing for marquees also, but never got around to it.

How do you like the Net City cab?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Helluva gaming room! Love the posters and marquees, tastefully done. Lol @ the bare spot on the lower half of the walls that is reserved for your wife's corner.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
How do you like the Net City cab?

Love them! Those monitors are sick... just super flat, sharp and sick. was tough to find a good JVS to Jamma converter though, a friend in Japan ended up helping with a yahoo purchase thankfully. Also had to replace an AMP and speakers on one, but now the audio on it is fantastic.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Yeah, I pretty much have to agree. That is one hell of a setup. Are those all legit marquees or are some of them repos?

they are legit, there were a couple local operators who were clearing stuff out, that helped me pick up a pile of them for really cheap, a few were this site and ebay, but only a few cause shipping marquees sucks.

The smaller posters are NOS side art which is way easier to ship and generally cheaper than it should be.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
ohhhhh Zero Gunner 2, I'm quite jealous. I want to get a naomi version of that someday, I'm doing the dc-to-jamma thing right now, gets the job done, but I dream of getting the original.

I saw some pics of your room before, and was blown away then too, seriously amazing collection.

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Very nice! I really like how you decorated the walls. I have the same Dimahoo poster but I can't find a frame that big for a reasonable amount.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
yeah awesome collection/gameroom
i like small places fitted with all kind of goodies.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Some of those retro posters are amazing to see. Also love that Tiger Road marquee.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I actually love all that is going on with the marquees and posters, it's a busy feeling, and I like it. One other thing, I'm not sure if it's the effect of the camera, but in the previous pics and these, I LOVE the lighting you have in that room.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
I actually love all that is going on with the marquees and posters, it's a busy feeling, and I like it. One other thing, I'm not sure if it's the effect of the camera, but in the previous pics and these, I LOVE the lighting you have in that room.

thanks, might just be the camera for the lighting, its just recessed lights, actually a few different ones depending on what I find at the store....

Also for the marquees, if others go to hang them, I use the clear plastic things you would use to mount a bathroom mirror, cheap and effective, generally the right depth too.