scgon's collection thread

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
no dreams like that yet, but a nightmare where pics from my phone look sideways if viewed from my desk top.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Nice collection of Cabs Schon. Can't believe I missed this thread.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
thanks all! yeah finally sorted out the monitor on one of the New Astro's (it's fantastic now), so the project list in getting shorter and shorter. Will do a video tour soon and some more pics.

picking up Space Harrier was years and years in the making, getting a switcher for the Rtype cab to easily switch between Rtype 1 and 2, that 1 player panel that Alberto1225 made is just insanely good. Eventually will put a TV on the wall with a rotating mount and attach the 360 I had in the Vewlix to that instead...

Room left for one more cab... top of the list would be Virtua Fighter 2, but its a total beast, likely not possible. Maybe sort out a Bubble Bobble or a dedicated (but smaller) Neo Geo again

Speed3

Marked Wolf
Remarkably nice set up! I'm sure it took years of dedication to put together.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Wow, 20,000 views, hopefully they don't all come up sideways

IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG

Last edited:

beecee

n00b
That's one sweet room, those astro cabs are nice. Wish I had the room for a cab, unless I can convince the other half we don't need a dining room table that's never gonna happen.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Big purge of PCBs to buy cabs a couple years ago.... now picking up some PCBs again!

IMG_1798.JPG

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
some new gameroom pics, Virtual On has left the building, way more spacious now, added the Big Red and Rygar, finished a big stack of projects as well to get it into shape finally. The New Net City has a net boot set up right now, love it... R-Type has a well made jamma selector in it to swap between 1 and 2. The TV mount rotates and has a 360 on it, great for Ikaruga etc.

room1.JPG
room2.JPG
room3.JPG
room4.JPG
room5.JPG
room6.JPG
room7.JPG
room8.JPG
room9.JPG

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
oh yeah, you can't see it but that beautiful Quebec chapeau you send me is in there too.... =)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Still my favorite game room on the site. Great aesthetic touches scgon!

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
thanks! full on Canadian love here... =)

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Wow can't believe I hadn't seen this collection thread till now. Looks badass, scgon!

Really liking the non-gaming machines like the candy vendors and popcorn machine - some really nice touches that make this place look like an unreal spot to spend the evening with some good friends.

Also I know how hard it can be coming up on decent cabs up in Canada, which makes this that much more impressive :buttrock:

bigapple3am

Quiz Detective
So much cool stuff! I remember playing that Nintendo Playchoice 10 when I was in Canada; I haven't seen one since!

That Tech Romancer poster is so cool!