Welcome to the Collection Gallery: proper gallery etiquette

Shawn

snkusa.com
We suggest that collection pics focus primarily on the neo but you can also share your other gaming related collections, your consoles, arcade cabinets, home theater gaming setup, computer gaming rigs, et cetera.

Every member is entitled to his/her own collection page; there is a limit of one collection page per member.

icon17.gif
HTML has been enabled, turned on for this forum only to allow for flexibility and creatitvity in collection page creation. Abusing HTML results in thread deletion and suspension/banning.

All new topics created in this forum (excluding this one) must be for your personal collection page. Members are free to comment on your collection by posting within your thread, and you can add new comments or reply to comments as well, but for the sake of organized navigation, your collection pictures should be showcased in the OP (original post) and all additions/updates should involve editing your OP.

-Include your user name in your thread title.

To prevent dead links from obsolete URLs or exceeded bandwidth from off site hosting, it is recommended that you upload your pictures using the Attachment option as shown below (this picture was uploaded using the same File Upload Manager that you should be using):
upload-screenshot.jpg
Currently have a 2MB maximum file size set for uploads (that's 2MB per file/picture). Let me know if this is too restrictive.
No maximum width, no maximum height, no maximum attachments per post, & unlimited storage space per user. I would like to avoid limitations until server space or abuse becomes an issue.

If you don't want other members contacting you for trades or sales, you can add a disclaimer to your collection page at the top or bottom of your original post.

Example:
icon4.gif
This is not a for sale thread, please don't ask.

Last edited:

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Very cool.

I can only imagine the insane collections that will see light in this section.

Awaiting 8man's thread...

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I like this idea. It will be very interesting to see the different collections and how they are displayed by the long time members around here. I will start working on my own! Thanks Shawn.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i like this as well. im reorganizing now. once its done i will put up a thread.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Haha, something tells me that 8Man's collection page will be among the most commented and viewed. Don't let that discourage anyone though. This forum is for sharing all neo based collections off all formats and sizes.

I can't believe we went all the way until 2012 before this collection forum was created. This should have been here on day one. Better late than never I suppose.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Thanks for pointing that out. This was a permission issue. Should be setup correctly now but if anyone has any problems using the File Upload Manager, just let me know please. File uploads should work for everyone that doesn't have moderator enforced restrictions on their account.

Unfortunately, quoting an image only shows as an image if the message quoted used the /img tag. If quoting a forum attachment then it will show as a link. That's Vbulletin’s decision and was probably added purely to increase click rates. If someone knows a solution for this then I’ll implement it.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
Can we get a disclaimer that says contacting members requesting to buy items not listed for sale is prohibited?

Shawn

snkusa.com
I'm not sure if everyone feels that same way though. If the price or trade is right, some members may be grateful for being contacted, or flattered at the least. I recommend that you add such a disclaimer to your page if that’s what you want (either at the top or bottom of your original post).

Example:
icon16.gif

Or, a poll can be opened to determine if enough members want this disclaimer applied to the entire Collection Gallery.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm not sure if everyone feels that same way though. If the price or trade is right, some members may be grateful for being contacted, or flattered at the least. I recommend that you add such a disclaimer to your page if that’s what you want (either at the top or bottom of your original post).

Example:
icon16.gif

Or, a poll can be opened to determine if enough members want this disclaimer applied to the entire Collection Gallery.

i vote for the poll on that one- let the people choose. otherwise i see no problem with the personal disclaimer.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Everything is for sale. At the right price.

No disclaimer needed.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Except to the Australians.

Right, comrade?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Not everyone will want a disclaimer and so disclaimers should be up to the OPs discretion. I updated the OP of this thread for reference.

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Normally forum posts can't be edited after a certain period of time. Do these collection posts have a time limit as well?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Just to clarify:

I am seeing a lot of threads with general game room and collection photos, which is cool, but is this section of the forum specifically for Neo Geo collections?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Just to clarify:

I am seeing a lot of threads with general game room and collection photos, which is cool, but is this section of the forum specifically for Neo Geo collections?

Is there such a thing as a person who only collects and plays Neo Geo games? I would frankly be amazed and little worried.

Shawn

snkusa.com
Normally forum posts can't be edited after a certain period of time. Do these collection posts have a time limit as well?
Is that just for the market forums or all forums? As an admin, I never run into this problem. If the ability to edit posts expires on the other forums then I’ll need to update settings/permissions for the Collection Gallery somehow. Let me know please.

Gaming collections with an emphasis in the Neo-Geo is preferable, but does not need to be limited exclusively to neo collection pictures. I can add a sub-forum for non-neo collections, arcade cabs, misc is necessary.

However, over time, the most popular and relevant collections will naturally filter their way to the top since there should only be one collection page per member and new comments will serve as bumps.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Very cool.

I can only imagine the insane collections that will see light in this section.

Awaiting 8man's thread...

Oh shit, Shawn might need to upgrade the server for that.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Good to see new things added.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm really loving this new addition to the site, and the collections posted up so far have been AWESOME! I'll have to take some photos and join in.

8man

Administrator
Awesome!

2MB photo limit will work :D
It was really hard to get decent photos on the album page at <100 kb each.

Btw, can you update the album pict size to 2MB too?

And, is it possible to update the "Collections/NEO·GEO.COM COLLECTION GALLERY"?
I liked it... easy to find a username alphabetically, and click to see the images.

When I first joined neo-geo.com, I was in awe at some of the collections I had seen...

Gotta take some new hi-res photos with my GH2 :drool: