Reproduction MV-IC, Mahjong and Kizuna 4 player boards.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Think I'm ready to finish up these projects. Going to have a initial test run made of all 3 and then do a full release.

MV-IC:
mvic.png

(these are the memory card adapter boards for multi slot systems)
Roughly 3.5" x 2"
Will have to make custom cables for those do dont have them. The boards and parts themselves will probably run around $20 each.

Mahjong:
jong.JPG

Won't need another test run, it works just fine.
~$25 since it needs a female db15 that fits into neo. So a hacked up extension cable will be needed.

Kizuna 4 Player Adapter:
REQUIRES MV1B or MV1C motherboard. Probably pcb and parts for this thing will run around $40-$50
kiz.png

Now, what I'd like from you all is a post with how many of each you are interested in and if you want a blank PCB, DIY Kit, or Assembled.

I expect this stuff to be finalized in the next month or so. I just want an idea of how many people want what in the first batch. I wont be taking preorder money yet, wait till things are closer to being finalized.

Thanks all!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Any way you can do headers on the mahjong PCB so it can be installed easier in say a casing with Sanwa buttons?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Anyone know what games the mahjong controller actually works with? I was kinda assuming only the early games were designed to work with it.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Rating - 96.4%
27   1   0
2x mv-ic (with custom made cables, maybe. I can make my own, if there's a pinout i can follow.)
1x kizuna 4 player adapter

DIY should be ok with me, but i would have to see what kind of parts i'd have solder before i can tell for sure.
I might also be interested in one of you budget memory cards, if you should decide to make another batch.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
2x mv-ic (with custom made cables, maybe. I can make my own, if there's a pinout i can follow.)
1x kizuna 4 player adapter

DIY should be ok with me, but i would have to see what kind of parts i'd have solder before i can tell for sure.
I might also be interested in one of you budget memory cards, if you should decide to make another batch.

The cables are just straight through, no pinout to follow. I will be doing another 8k memory card here soon, not sure when though.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The cables are just straight through, no pinout to follow. I will be doing another 8k memory card here soon, not sure when though.

I want the memory card :) in case I miss your thread again please MSG me when u get them.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Any way you can do headers on the mahjong PCB so it can be installed easier in say a casing with Sanwa buttons?

I could, but it would add a bit more space to the board. I'd prefer people just solder wires to the pads on the board. I seriously doubt this will sell over 10 units. Probably would cost more for people to rebuild a jong controller than buying an official one. But I'm just guessing here.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
1x 4P Kizuna Board
1x Mahjong Controller

DIY Kits are fine with me

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
1x 4p board (DIY)
1x Mahjong (DIY, no need for cable/15Pin connector!)

:buttrock:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
I could, but it would add a bit more space to the board. I'd prefer people just solder wires to the pads on the board. I seriously doubt this will sell over 10 units. Probably would cost more for people to rebuild a jong controller than buying an official one. But I'm just guessing here.

You're right, if I can get an unassembled one then I guess I don't need headers.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1x mahjong
1x Kizuna

Both assembled.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
1x mahjong
1x kizuna board

Assembled
However I would be curious to see the price difference at some point for DIY kits and assembled.
Thanks for this and all the great projects you put together NTM!

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rating - 100%
40   0   1
2 MV-IC = kits
2 mahjong = bare pcbs as i want to do customer sticks
1 Kizuna = kit

o yeah can you release the unibios dumper cable files also

Last edited:

NG:DEV.TEAM

Marked Wolf
Rating - 0%