JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The ones that still really need to be made are (FF is Full Frontal):

Super Dodgeball FF
Sengoku 2 FF
Crossed Swords FF
Fight Fever FF
Power Spikes 2 FF

Hmm, I think those are pretty much it for now but might be others since I didn't really check.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Last Blade 2 insert is sexy as hell. I vote for Sengoku 2 next.

Last edited:

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Sengoku 2 is in the works.
I have a nice big file for the front but I could use a good scan of eiter the jap flyer back or the jap AES cover back.

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
shockbox_insert_sengoku2_wip.jpg

SENGOKU 2 Insert [WIP: work in progress]

The image I used for the back needs far more pixels to look good - don't print this insert (yet).

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
well... actually there IS a Flyer with that headline
-> http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=3455&image=1

Also the NGCD Cover has it.

I just didn't change it.
Which one do you like better, destiny or fury?

Hi thanks, didn't know the US version received such ~change~ :P

If you want to stick to JPN ver, then Battle of destiny is the consistent one IMO.

Anyway, if I may, maybe there are too many writings on the spine: Neo round logo on topo, then "NeoGeo","MVS" and SNK/producer.

Just MVS logo on top and SNK on bottom, like home carts, but...MVS.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Anyway, if I may, maybe there are too many writings on the spine: Neo round logo on topo, then "NeoGeo","MVS" and SNK/producer.
I have to agree. It really does look a bit too busy. Other than that you're doing a really good job. Keep it up.

A few words in german about the spine:
Ich würde unten das neo geo und mvs weglassen und es mal nur mit dem leicht vergrößerten snk schriftzug versuchen. Ähnlich dem schriftzug oberhalb der meg count box bei euro carts. Nur halt unter dem screenshot. Die farbige umrandung um den screenshot würde ich auch weglassen.
Vielleicht kannst du ja mal ein sample posten, um zu sehen was die anderen dazu sagen.

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
A few words in german about the spine: [translated]
I would get rid of the logos on the lower spine area and try it with a bigger snk only. similar to the text above the meg-count on euro-carts but below the screenshot. Also the colored frame around the screenshot needs to go. Maybe you could post a sample for the others to see and discuss things further.

'Lright. I'll do a preview and post it in no time.
Nice to finally get some deeper feedback. Thanks guys!

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
If you want to stick to JPN ver, then Battle of destiny is the consistent one IMO.
I will try to change that - the situation here is that I tend to work with the best artwork that is available. I don't have the "destiny" text in high resolution. Of course I can just type the text, but I will have to match the font to make it look as close to the original as possible - but it's doable :)

Just MVS logo on top and SNK on bottom, like home carts, but...MVS.
I'll prepare something and let you decide. I'll do that right now cause I got some time to spare.
Thanks for the Feedback!

Also! Guys, we need to talk about the boxes on the lower back insert - I can't stand them somehow. On the other hand I think they do belong there so just loosing them doesn't feel like the right thing...
I'd love to come up with a set of info that needs to go there and is the same for every insert - maybe to expand the idea I could add...
-title in jap and engl
-release year
-meg count
... whatever you would like to add here

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
That's my master plan :)
Support me! -> Supply hi-res artwork or scans and I'll make every cover you want.

I wish I could my friend. I have no Japanese AES carts unfortunately. Try to only make them if you have the high res scans though as it will be better in the long run once people start printing these out. I find a big problem with the inserts available now is that many are not done with good quality scans so they don't print well.

Hows about some metal slug covers next?

Love your work my man, keep it up!

Last edited:

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Try to only make them if you have the high res scans
Definitely!
I have 75 AES, all japanese but no scanner :-/
Taking my stuff to the copyshop next door is my only option right now. They charge 5 Euro per scan, though I have to admit their quality is breathtaking.
Also I have like every snk artbook, both art of snk world, the poster collection and a bunch of flyers.
I want to buy a decent scanner which is able to descreen but an Epson Perfection V750 Pro for example costs 600 Euro-bucks, plus 100 for the Silverfast software.
Anyone here from my area who has access to a professional scanner?

Hows about some metal slug covers next?
I'd love to. Let's sort out the new concept first shall we?

Love your work my man, keep it up!
That's what I love to hear - and I will, don'tchu worry :)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I just got my first Japanese MVS game, it's world heroes 2. I saw you did a part 1, If you decide too make wh2 I would definitely appreciate it. Funny thing is I spent more on the shock box then I did the game :-)

theMot

10 Year Member
Alex,

I just had a look at your other albums, in particular "the games room"

Im #$%^^ IMPRESSED!!! :D

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Ok,

I know NeoGeo round logo is cool, but approaching this trying to differentiate the spine, I think the best would be something like this:

draft_mvs_shockbox.png

The MVS logo on the spine make it a dedicated and separated item, rather than a AES wannabe clone (IMO)

Btw, such layout is what NG:DEV used for FastStriker MVS version, used at Mikado Arcade in Japan as well...the only MVS game with "official" shockbox insert!

about Garou Densetsu, here something that could help you (not hires but it could be a start?)

http://gamedic.jpn.org/museum/tirasi/sfckakuge/img/sfc00038.jpg

cheers!

Massi

theMot

10 Year Member
That round logo is iconic Massi, it has to be on there!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
That round logo is iconic Massi, it has to be on there!

Yep I agree, but the austerity of such spine better fit with professional use/arcade products...

Anyway, I understand I'm not the most suited guy to comment this project, as I'm keeping my carts in kti boxes or original blue bubblewrap...(taken here and there on local arcades)

Lemme say, brown box with Black/White label is damn hardcore. :buttrock:

theMot

10 Year Member
Lemme say, brown box with Black/White label is damn hardcore. :buttrock:[/QUOTE]

Your one sick puppy mate! :D

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Perfect. That's exactly what i meant.
I'm so stoked that i'm willing to share what little i have. I'm on my phone right now but will post a list tonight or simply edit this post.

Also, keep the faces logo, please.

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
To simplify this situation - one group needs the round faces logo, the other can't live with it - I'm totally willing to make 2 versions for each insert. So no need to argue about that.
What about the box on the lower back. You think it's a good idea? Like it? Dislike it?
Let me know!

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I like the box on the back and the faces logo.