Did the Vita fail yet?

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Not sure why so many are so harsh toward Vita. Give it at least a full year on the market before jumping to conclusions. Jeeze.

I just bought a Vita this week (waiting for it to arrive), and from my research it seems to have a lot of great games that appeal to me, with more on the way. And the hardware itself is amazing. Anyone who's used one knows that.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Unless they have a holiday special, it's going to cost more than a WiiU fully loaded.

I don't think anyone contests the hardware. It's a beautiful piece. It's expensive. One has to even question handheld gaming in this smartphone world.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
One has to even question handheld gaming in this smartphone world.

I've been struggling to get myself to enjoy iOS gaming for the past 2 years. I'm done trying to fool myself. It sucks for anything beyond puzzle and strategy games. Real controls make a huge diiference if you truly love videogames. And Vita has superb controls, the best ever on a handheld.

For casuals, yeah, smartphones will trump real handhelds. But if you are a gamer, and enjoy portable gaming, the Vita should be part of your arsenal. Even if you own a 3DS, because they are very different systems.

When the inevitable price drop happens, and/or the budget redesign version, and the next batch of games drop, I hope a lot of you will rethink your negativity toward this brilliant system and pick one up.

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just bought a Vita this week (waiting for it to arrive), and from my research it seems to have a lot of great games that appeal to me, with more on the way. And the hardware itself is amazing. Anyone who's used one knows that.

You are completely right!!!:very_ang: I'm not sure why people are almost hoping the Vita will fail.

Granted, there aren't a ton of games out for it, but certainly after less than a year out on the market there are enough good games to warrant purchasing one. Plus with the recent update of allowing PS1 playability, I think the Vita appears to have a decent future..Just picked up Shienryu and RE: DC (5.99 and 9.99 via PSN) and they both look and play great. I've been very pleased with the Vita so far. Looking forward to Jet Set Radio (think that's in a few weeks). I've heard Madden 13 is decent(best handheld football game to this point), especially when you consider it's console counterpart is a major letdown this year.

I like to tell most people..Give the Vita a chance and I doubt you'll be disappointed..

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I didn't think psp was worth owning one year into its lifespan, and now it's one of my favorite consoles ever. So I wouldn't write Vita off yet.

That said, there's nothing on Vita yet that would motivate me to buy one. JSR would definitely bring me a lot closer though.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If Sony doesn't make up some totally ridiculous EULA that kills the second hand market or something, then maybe in a few years when the library gets fleshed out a bit.

I use the 3 game criterion. If there are 3 titles on a platform that I really want I would go for it. It's surprising just how many consoles fail to reach this criterion.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Been playing Zen Pinball 2( if you buy if for PS3 you get the Vita version for free ), the added bonus is if you own already any pinball game from Zen studios9 for example Marvel Pinball ) you get to import those to the Vita version.

Been playing the hell out of the Blade and Spidey tables which both look AMAZING on the Vita screen

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
I own 3 games for the Vita and the 3DS. For the Vita: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Touch My Katamari, and MK9. For the 3DS: New Super Mario 2, Mario Kart 7, and Resident Evil Revelations. 3 ports vs 3 new unique games. 9 times out of 10, I reach for the 3DS.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
So what is the proper games for the system then?

For starters: Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Super Stardust Delta

And then maybe: Lumines Electronic Symphony, Unit 13, Rayman Origins

Most of these games have demos, so try them out if you haven't already.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
3 ports vs 3 new unique games. 9 times out of 10, I reach for the 3DS.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your story, but aren't YOU the one who thought it was a hot idea to buy 3 ports? Why are you blaming them for it?

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Officially the Vita is still very much alive, but to me its always been DOA. Sony IMO has no idea what people want to play anymore. I owned a PSP at launch, and felt very burned by them. The best thing to happen to the PSP for me was homebrew (namely emulators for SNES, TG16, Genesis, CPS1/2, Neo-Geo). I see someone is now working on a user mode exploit/loader for the Vita... If it gets cracked and emulators ported, I may buy one.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
New Legend of Heroes comes out later this month. Which means it's time for the Falcom fans to dive in.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your story, but aren't YOU the one who thought it was a hot idea to buy 3 ports? Why are you blaming them for it?

I'm not blaming the system for my buying habits. On the Vita, these are the games I'm most interested in. I just prefer the 3DS thus far. I like MK9 and UMvC3 (not so much Katamari).

I'd like to see more Ratchet and Clanks, God of War, or something. I'm holding out for Dragon's Crown personally. I'm also gald to see that Sony finally got some of the PSX support for the system. I'd like to see 100% compatiablity though, since I have a ton of PSX games on the PS3.

I'm with you STK, I didn't like PSP when it first came out and now I love it, so I'm hoping Vita will be similar. Until then, I still prefer the 3DS.

For starters: Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Super Stardust Delta

And then maybe: Lumines Electronic Symphony, Unit 13, Rayman Origins

Most of these games have demos, so try them out if you haven't already.

I've tried demos for all these except Super Stardust and Unit 13. I'm sure the software will come. I like fighting games, so I am excited for Street Fighter x Tekken, even though I have it for the PS3.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I have been watching Gravity Rush videos, and this is the first Vita game that has me tempted to buy one.

I heard it's basically the old Silent Hill team who made this, and this is exactly what I'd love to see from other prominent developers: Stop diluting your past successes with endless, diminishing returns sequels, and create brand new hits in new genres. This game really looks fantastic and very atmospheric. And for some reason, it seems to have been released to almost zero fanfare.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Can you import any of your psn games to the Vita from your ps3? I honestly think paying $250 for the system is a bit much. If you don't have a large memory stick or games then that will run you extra. Maybe I'll hold out till this system drops from $100-$150.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The memory card is also going at crazy prices. A proprietary 32gb card would cost around $80.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
what are the killer games that are coming out? i bought one of these from Walmart a month ago and it died at a week and had to take it back and get a replacement..................i only have Hot Shots(ive always loved this series) and MK9(which seems to be dying somewhat online)

i love the system but am looking for good non downloadable games

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Funny... I was just talking about this with a friend today. The Vita still has nothing really worth while on the market. I think my favorite game is Uncharted, and even that game was really short and not all that fun. The most I've played on my Vita so far is Final Fantasy VII. It's just not getting any love from 3rd parties. Frankly I'm thinking I should just get rid of it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I charged mine up today and played with it a bit. It really is a shame, this is a fantastic piece of hardware, and I'm looking at my games list and there's nothing much I want to play. It has some excellent games, but I'm pretty tired of them. I just ended up playing SF2 in one of the Capcom collections and watching Voltron on Youtube. The Youtube app works pretty damn well, I just wish it supported playlists.