Did the Vita fail yet?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
back on track...

it's still too expensive for that lineup.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I wasn't aware that there was a PS2 version. I knew there were some odd PS2 versions of Ys games, but almost all of them are in Japanese, not developed by Falcom, and generally considered meh.

But I do love the US version of Ark of Napishtim on the PS2. It's Konami's port, but they did a good job.

Tonkin House developed Mask of the Sun. Hudson Soft developed Dawn of Ys. Neither of which were actually developed by Falcom.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Those numbers are the total sales since launch, and PSV has the most recent launch date. Compare that to the 360 which is launched 7 years ago with a total only doubles what the PSV has sold within half a year.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
Of course, most Japanese don't like XBOX. That is still a really low number for the Vita.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Waiting for it to be hacked to play the PSX back catalog...and maybe Dragon Crown.

No UMD Passport Program for You!

wow, I just did a tally of my little collection of psp games and if I want to play them on the vita I would have to spend 75 BUCKS to get the downloadable versions.

Meanwhile, Japanese gamers get to download digital versions of their UMDs at steep discounts. And I don't believe the reasons Sony trotted out as justification for that.

I feel your pain.

Tehtriggerman

Quiz Detective
Im keeping my Firmware low in hopes it gets CFW. I have a ton of UMDs and PS1 games from days back and hope to see the games on my screen. Just a random hope...I want Arkham City on it!!

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Im keeping my Firmware low in hopes it gets CFW. I have a ton of UMDs and PS1 games from days back and hope to see the games on my screen. Just a random hope...I want Arkham City on it!!

Isn't the Half Byte Loader already available for Vita? It should still be installable with a low firmware. If you have a PS3 with CFW, you can also enable remote play for every PS3 game so you can play them on your Vita.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
The Vita is now an established success, just google "Droid X360"

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I kind of want one of these. Need some of these rpgs to come out and a price drop. My friend has one and it sure is an attractive piece of gadgetry to hold...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's about damn time! Sounds like I need to put my Vita back on the charger.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The question is, when is PS2 support going to be offered. After all, the PSP already got the PSOne support covered.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
It was one of their selling points went they brought up the gfx display being either as good or better then those on the PS2

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Don't you mean has it succeeded yet?

IMO the Vita is a failure until proven successful...

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Don't you mean has it succeeded yet?

IMO the Vita is a failure until proven successful...

With that logic then every system that comes out is a failure until their second year

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
With that logic then every system that comes out is a failure until their second year

Pretty much. The Christmas season of the first year makes or breaks the momentum.