Did the Vita fail yet?

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
My opinions have actually changed on the system. I've been playing a lot of Ragnarok Odyssey as of late. Fun game. All in all, with the addition of the PS1 list, its a good system. The price still needs to be lower though to get a wider installation base. $250 + a manadotry memory card is just too much.

Hyperduel

Banned
I had four games until I sold Gravity Rush. The gameplay is mediocre once you take away the gravity concept. So far I have Dragon's Crown and Tearaway on preorder. Sooner or later I'll be buying some of the PSP games on the unit (Castlevania Dracula X and Hudson shmups Solder Blade and Super Star Solider). I'm going to be honest, the Vita killed the PSP for me. Once you play some PS1/PSP games on your Vita it is hard to go back to the PSP 3k screen. In matter of fact I packed up my PSP and its games and put it in the closet.

Except for HarmoKnight the 3DS is really lacking games for me to play on.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Jet Pack Joyride is a really fun little game, it's free on PSN through the PS3 while PSN through the Vita lists it as $3.99

Eric

Fight On!,
There's actually two different versions of Jetpack Joyride. The old, $4 mini version, and the new, free one that you can get for the Vita and PS3.

And it's almost sad how much time I've put into it....only to get a best distance of 4987m :mad:

If you have a Vita (and a PS3) you should think about trying out PS+. Usually some good discounts on top of the free games. If nothing else, you would have Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Uncharted, and Retro City Rampage available to play on the Vita for now.

And some good prices at Best Buy right now.

Almost good enough to make me want to buy Mortal Kombat.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I will NEVER pay for a digital download from Sony.

If I don't get it in physical form and be able to do what I please with my media, I stay away.

They can offer all of the games they want up on PS+, I won't partake. It's why I don't own a PS3 and won't buy the orbis.

They can take their digital downloads, "DLC" and microtransactions and shove them up their fucking asses.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
My opinions have actually changed on the system. I've been playing a lot of Ragnarok Odyssey as of late. Fun game. All in all, with the addition of the PS1 list, its a good system. The price still needs to be lower though to get a wider installation base. $250 + a manadotry memory card is just too much.

I got one over the holiday season with Persona 4, Assassins Creed, and Ragarok. I'm really impressed at the screen and the hardware. Just have to continue waiting for YS IV now.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
There's actually two different versions of Jetpack Joyride. The old, $4 mini version, and the new, free one that you can get for the Vita and PS3.

And it's almost sad how much time I've put into it....only to get a best distance of 4987m :mad:

If you have a Vita (and a PS3) you should think about trying out PS+. Usually some good discounts on top of the free games. If nothing else, you would have Gravity Rush, Wipeout, Uncharted, and Retro City Rampage available to play on the Vita for now.

And some good prices at Best Buy right now.

Almost good enough to make me want to buy Mortal Kombat.

Target has Mk for $20 bucks also, really tempted to pick that up as well as that new Sega racer since it's $30 bucks

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
I was just thinking the other day that I haven't heard shit about the Vita since its launch.. I was pretty excited but it seems that the lack of any support will lead to an early demise. Its unfortunate because the thing has some potential.. I might pick one up when someone hacks the shit out of it and it goes on sale.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Shockingly SFxTekken plays better on the Vita( online still sucks ass ) and I am actually debating on getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ 2

bg1188

n00b
Sony needs to come out swinging at E3 this year in terms of the vita or its not going to last. Not likely either since Sony will be busy pimping orbis. The hardware is great but the lack of developer support is going to kill it off. At least my vita has given me plenty of hours of gaming