Did the Vita fail yet?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I don't hear shit about it, ever.

Is anything worthwhile coming out, or did Sony give up finally?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i expect it to be walking dead by christmas barring a legit price drop (and one on the memory cards too).

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You all know what they bought it for. The burden rests on Atlus alone, not Sony.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
barring a legit price drop
MAYBE THERE'LL BE ONE...
at the forthcoming E3? You never know.

Still, the Vita not being commercially released and sat in a Sony R&D lab 1yr before release - with zero games - is still a better prospect than a 3DS imo...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Gravity Daze looks awesome. Everything else looks like shit.

Oh, and Cave cancelled their Vita shooter.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The-MagicBox:

Sony confirmed that PSone Classices will be coming to PS Vita this summer, the first two titles are Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy VII.

1) We will probably have to buy the titles again
2) We will have to wait again for the library to build up

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Phantasy Star Online 2 won't be on consoles but it will be on the Vita.

Other than that....I dunno, things aren't looking good.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
The-MagicBox:

1) We will probably have to buy the titles again
2) We will have to wait again for the library to build up

The perk of being a Plus member is getting a lot of those classics for free, barring the couple times I bought them when I didn't already own the games anymore like Chrono Trigger/Cross and Castlevania: SOTN

Plus Jet Set Radio on the go

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am waiting for Sony to completely exit the game console biz.

Its about time for a new king to arise and I ain't seeing that from any of the current big 3.

Sega - where R U?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Consoles can take longer to get on their feet these days.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Sega - where R U?

i would really like to see an updated dreamcast... or saturn... with a vast library...

Consoles can take longer to get on their feet these days.

very true!!!
Shitty short franchise titles only.
i mean how many current generation titles have had the impact that ,let's say , resident evil 1 or FFVII or panzer dragoon saga etc had back then ??

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
wow, I just did a tally of my little collection of psp games and if I want to play them on the vita I would have to spend 75 BUCKS to get the downloadable versions. I have 6 games and one of them isn't in the store yet (Tekken Dark Resurrection) ....OUCH, way to go sony....

oh and I have 2 UMD Vids. add another 20 bucks if I want to view them on the vita.....

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I expected the first year or so of the Vita to suck, just like the 3DS, but I expected something to be announced for Christmas of this year or first quarter of the next. Last year the 3DS didn't have shit, but we found out about Mario Kart and 3D Land, which kicked ass and made the system worth owning, and now it is a system worth having.

It's like Sony isn't even trying.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Sony looked like they didnt give 2 shits about the Vita at E3 this year. All they announced was Assassins Creed III Liberations (which looks pretty good) and a CoD port. I am assuming they are saving some big announcements for the Tokyo Game Show in a few months because portables are much bigger in Japan than in the U.S.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I am waiting for Sony to completely exit the game console biz.

Its about time for a new king to arise and I ain't seeing that from any of the current big 3.

Sega - where R U?
My heart says Sega too. But my head says Apple.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't hear shit about it, ever.

Is anything worthwhile coming out, or did Sony give up finally?
It's really hard to tell when the exact moment a sony product fails is. Because they just let them sit there like everything is fine.

Did psp fail? You'd have to think so. But they kept supporting it and making their little UMDs and everything just as if it was actually a contender with DS. On the other hand, I love my psp, so it doesn't matter to me if it failed or not. I got what I needed out of it.

There are a couple Vita games I'd like to play. But nothing that's going to kill me if I can't. We'll see what kind of library they have in a year or two. And hey, if it flounders, that just means they'll have a price drop at some point. Bad for sony, but it works for me.

Ukee

Geese's Thug
Last year the 3DS didn't have shit, but we found out about Mario Kart and 3D Land, which kicked ass and made the system worth owning, and now it is a system worth having.

I did love 3D land, for me it really was the funnest Mario game since Super Mario World, but I really couldn't get into another Mario cart game. Maybe it is just cause I am not a kid anymore but I am really tired of buying remake style sequels and even more tired of ports (but I still did buy Starfox and Zelda, I mean come on man.... Fuck....). I found that a few launch titles for the 3ds have dropped down to $10 on amazon and I am going to try them out. For $10 I am thinking it they couldn't be to much of a hit for me and I get to build my collection a little for the 3ds.

I was thinking about this too at work, I think if apple was going to join the gaming field they might as well just make a Ipod touch with a controller on it. They already made their groove in the portable gaming world and the only thing that stops me and I am sure other more "hard core gamers" is that we don't want to deal with a touch screen. But if apple added a controller pad and s few buttons to the touch you bet your ass I would jump on that preteen girl to a Justin Beiber concert. I mean come on? Sonic CD, new FF, KoF I!

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter

Yeah ok, I don't remember the Pippin making a big impact on the industry...

640px-Pippin-Atmark-Console-Set.png

Sega all the way...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Phantasy Star Online 2 won't be on consoles but it will be on the Vita.

Other than that....I dunno, things aren't looking good.

it will also be on PC. which means I can actually type words when playing...

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The Vita has a 'sinking ship' feeling to it; almost nothing announced, and some companies have started cancelling their Vita projects.

This was the first time in quite a few console launches that I didn't get the system day one, and they way things are shaping up, I may never. It feels like a lot of PSP Go-esque mistakes are/have being/been made again this time around.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Is it really much different than the 'sinking ship' feeling psp had?

It really is. Before the PSP turned into a dating sim game machine, there was plenty of great software even within year one of its lifecycle, and as you said yourself, Sony just kept throwing resources at it in support. That being said, this Vita is getting no attention, even from Sony. Some acquaintance who work in the Playstation department (resp) here in the GTA have had no communications from upper management about any marketing initiatives coming down the pipe; makes me wonder if Sony has any confidence in the product anymore.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Despite what you say, I don't really see a difference, and I think you are kind of rose-color glassing your memories of the first couple years of psp. What you describe is drastically different than the way I remember it going down. You remember a great library out of the gate. I remember crickets and tumbleweeds.

At least PSP had a sweet Ridge Racer out of the gate. They fucked this up with Vita.

Don't get me wrong though, I like my Vita. I'm a sucker for sweet hardware. But they need more portable-type games. I'm not looking to play Uncharted or other PS3 games on Vita.