New MVS collector, MVS repro labels?

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Hey guys, just joined recently. I finally took the plunge this year, picked up a consolized MVS, and now I've got almost 20 games for it. Neo-Geo is something I always really wanted since playing multiple games in the arcades in the early 90's and later at friends houses. I bought a Pocket Color not long after it became available; but getting into AES was always out of my wallet's league. But then along came consolized MVS, and I knew I wouldn't be able to resist for long.

Anyway, I have a few MVS labels in really bad shape, and Southtown doesn't sell any kind of repro MVS labels. I just need some advice on how to go about this. Any place that sells repro labels? I don't have a printer of any quality; so I'm not sure if it's something I'd want to go the DIY route with. I have to admit that some of the custom repro labels I've seen are pretty nice, especially the ones with the game logos on them(instead of standard fonts). I'd really like to avoid going the ghetto sharpie route, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Talk to xian xi, he runs jamma nation x and will hook you up proper ;)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Welcome Aboard D, As Panda said, Xian Xi runs a top notch site that offers replacement labels for mvs amongst other things.

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/mvslabels.html

I know you mentioned being interested in the repro labels with the game logos and whatnot, I'm not sure if he can do those types, but his prices are VERY reasonable. And he is a great guy to boot.

hope this helps, and have fun with your cmvs!

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Thanks for the quick responses guys! Yeah, if anyone knows of a hook up for repro labels with logos I'd still appreciate that; but if I can't find it the jamma nation x route should satisfy me.

One other thing; does anyone have any solutions for really banged up MVS carts? Wondering if anyone sells replacement cart shells anywhere. Or could I get good results with sand paper?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Thanks for the quick responses guys! Yeah, if anyone knows of a hook up for repro labels with logos I'd still appreciate that; but if I can't find it the jamma nation x route should satisfy me.

One other thing; does anyone have any solutions for really banged up MVS carts? Wondering if anyone sells replacement cart shells anywhere. Or could I get good results with sand paper?

I actually haven't replaced any of my shells cuz I kind of like the "battle damage"

heman.jpg

I wouldn't know where to find new shells, but you could always find cheap games like Fatal fury, or world heroes, and switch out the boards and label to a better shell.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I actually haven't replaced any of my shells cuz I kind of like the "battle damage"

heman.jpg

I wouldn't know where to find new shells, but you could always find cheap games like Fatal fury, or world heroes, and switch out the boards and label to a better shell.

That's what I do, buy commons and swipe the shells

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Xian those are gorgeous man, I still like the original style, but damn these things are beautiful!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They were done by Grizz9567. He also made repro mini marquees and also MVS game manuals, all in that link.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Should repro labels be something to worry about when buying mvs games?

It depends, the labels I make are obviously not repros as they are made to have the same font for the title but other things make it known that they are legit labels. Be aware of scammers out there that scan labels and print them out to make it look like a legit label.

The only difference between MVS game regions with the exception of Korean is the label, the insides are all the same. So if you are buying an MVS game with a repro label or replacement label make sure you pay accordingly which is the lower price in the price guide across regions.

-D-

Zero's Secretary
It depends, the labels I make are obviously not repros as they are made to have the same font for the title but other things make it known that they are legit labels. Be aware of scammers out there that scan labels and print them out to make it look like a legit label.

The only difference between MVS game regions with the exception of Korean is the label, the insides are all the same. So if you are buying an MVS game with a repro label or replacement label make sure you pay accordingly which is the lower price in the price guide across regions.

I noticed in the price guide there is sometimes little to no difference between low and average, yet sometimes it's a sizable difference; is there any rhyme or reason to that? I prefer replacement labels and have no intentions of ever selling my games; but I don't want to massively devalue some games; although if a label is in really bad shape I replace it anyway.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object

heman.jpg

I had that figure! HE HAD THE POOOOOOOWER!!!!

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
I had that figure! HE HAD THE POOOOOOOWER!!!!

I cant quite see it well enough with my eyes on this phone screen, is it the one with the chest that flips over and has a big gash? I had that one as well!! ;)

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
That He-man pic was awesome. Blast from the past. I had both him and the Skeletor one.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Looking for info bump: Is there anyone who is making/can make Japanese repro labels?