Champions League final - Bayern München vs. FC Chelsea

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
after a weekend of nervous diarreah, celebrating with kebabs and bad food, and feeling like a winner even though i did nothing i can finally weigh in on this game.

the first 80 minutes of it were boring to watch. chelsea parked the bus and when bayern got by the bus they made nothing of it. then once they finally scored with like 6 minutes to go of normal time they thought they had it. but i've never seen drogba more inspired, more dedicated to making that goal. he stood in that box with an attitude of "this is mine, i'll foul every player i have to, to get that ball in the net." it was an incredible goal and really made it into a game.

torres' being snubbed bothered me a bit, but at the same time as was said before roman was pulling the strings and no one was going on that pitch whom he didn't okay first. might as well stick a phone in the dugout that is directly linked to roman's for games like that. because experimentation, changing things up, and freedom wont happen. but all that said it doesn't matter, watching cech stop that robben peno was sheer brilliance. say what you want about him not having it all since his head injury, but he does have flashes of amazing that hit him, and man that was one of em.

when it came down to penalties i was not only worried but my blood pressure was probably through the roof. we never win on penos, we never even do well on them. i was just thankful it wasn't raining and anelka was gone. i don't know why mata took the kick and not fernando. but i guess it all goes down to torres and his being snubbed. i'm pretty certain though he'll get his rewards next season when drogba is gone and he's the chief striker. winning that title though was like a dream, i'll admit i cried a little bit. i've been following chelsea for years. i've seen us win FA cups, league titles, hell both in one season before. i've seen us get knocked out by barca time after time, and i've seen us lose to the mancs because of JT falling over. and that moment when drogba sent it home, my god i couldn't hold it in. i screamed, cried, and went nuts. even re watching it now i get goosebumps.

but all that said there were moments in the whole game where i thought it was all over. whether it was gomez, robben, or ribery barelling into our box and booting it wide or over, or on target but cech stopping it the game killed me a bit. but to see us prevail, and win, and lift the title ah man, amazing. i know drogba wont be there next year, JT will probably become player/manager, and lamps is on his way out. i know next year will be a year of change with torres and sturridge up front or something else crazy, and we wont win any trophies i'd bet. but the magic that was this season. falling down in the shit, feeling like nothing was good, and having robbie step in and pull us out of the mud. watching torres go from zero to hero in barca (next year, if he sticks around he is going to be amazing) and just seeing everything line up for us to win not just the FA cup, but the CL great year, great fucking year.

we need to sort out the torres situation, say goodbye to drogs, keep RDM full time, and maybe sign a couple of new players to add some depth for when JT and lamps retire at the end of next season i'd bet. we scrapped and bit and chewed our way into being the best, and beating the best. i don't think the old dog that is chelsea has it in em to do it again next year, but it was sure one hell of a ride this year.

Chelsea should sign a deal ASAP with Falcão (A. Madrid) and maybe Hulk from FC POrto. Falcão is that kind of forward that settles panic between defenders and scores easily. Scored in two in a row UEFA League finals. Athletic Madrid is an underrated club for his qualityes, therefore Chelsea suits best is aspirations. Hulk has a very powerful kick, IMHO, even better than C Ronaldo, and it works better with offensive colleagues.
I don't know how much FC Porto is asking, but for 40 or 50 millions, he'll do a better job than Torres.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
anyone do better than torres...

Congrats to Chelsea. The unexpectable happened!