Any voice actors in the crowd?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Anyone here ever do any voice acting or would like to for a Neo game?

I've got a project that's moving forward and I could use the "right voice" to add some atmosphere to the game.

I don't want to give away too many details about the game but the voice for this project needs to have a aged/haunting/demonic sort of tone. This is not a scripted dialog project. What I need are some taunts when the game isn't going the way the player wants.

I don't really care how you create the voice -- use sound processing software if you need, just as long as it fits the game.

Drop me an email at jkurtz01@gmail.com if you're interested and have some samples I could listen to.

While you're at it, like Neobitz on facebook (www.facebook.com/neobitz) to stay updated on the latest development progress and the other odd bitz of the Neo that we'll be posting.

Thanks,
Jeff

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I know a couple but every time I send them fandom type gigs they never bother. I guess if they don't get paid they don't even try. I always hear about how its good to do free jobs for the practice or experience, but whatever. They're pros so what can ya do?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
How much money would it take to get BJ Love to do it? I'll pitch in.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I used to do voiceovers for a couple companies. How demonic are we talking about? Shoot me an email Jeff.

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
did one ages ago at Romstar, a friend does voicework for a cartoon called family guy. I will ask him if he can do an aged demonic....

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've done my share of local commercials and a few films. I'd be happy to try and help, if need be.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I can do it with italo-american accent (very demonic)

the-godfather-sad.jpg

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Holy shit! Where the hell is Spin!?

Here I am! LOL I have Zero experience but always wanted to try voice acting. I can do a few accents and I speak a few languages so changing my voice around is no problem but to get the voice that you want I'd have to mess around with some audio equipment/software and I know NOTHING about that so I'd have to get some help.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
everyone who think they're a voice actor should put a sample of their voice up.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I've received more feedback from this posting than I ever thought I would. Seems these forums are full of hidden talents.

We should keep this thread around so that when different voices are needed, there's a nice variety to choose from. Not just for me, but for other developers out there that need a little help.

Thanks guys, it's great to see such interest from the community.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I've received more feedback from this posting than I ever thought I would. Seems these forums are full of hidden talents.

We should keep this thread around so that when different voices are needed, there's a nice variety to choose from. Not just for me, but for other developers out there that need a little help.

Thanks guys, it's great to see such interest from the community.

Thank you for reaching to the community for something like this. Often times this never happens. Not taking anything away from professional voice actors because I have nothing but respect for them but one thing that people overlook in the "community" is that the community actually GETS the characters and the concepts. We love it and we live it so it's personal.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Best voice I have met is Jeffkun. That guy does great impersonations.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I recorded some voice samples and sent them to JMKurtz. I said "why not". If he likes them cool, if not then at least I tried:-). I hope he finds what he's looking for.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm more interested in what the project Kurtz alluded to in the first post. Would be nice for more homebewers to toss their hats into the Neo Geo ring. :)