MN Summer Gathering: Sat, June 23!

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Been too long since the Neo-heads controlled some kind of gathering.

Who:
US! Invite the people you want to, but this isn't going to be something gigantic and out of control.

What:
Tournaments not officiated, but not discouraged
Actual video games will be happening
Food at some point

When:
June 23rd, 3pm

Where:
Spoiler:
Ryu1972's place, at 4824 E 53rd St, Minneapolis

You'll have to buzz in, so we'll figure out a good sort of buddy system to ring each other and such.

Last edited:

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Yes, I know some of the NGs are dads now, but hopefully you could be released at least for a while to hang out if there's enough advance notice?

aria

Former Moderator
fak u gooby

Seriously though, I can go to an event. I'd be up for something in that size range, it would be nice to get the band back together and game, drink, eat, and be merry.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I would be up for it. The only weekend that doesn't work for me is June 9th-10th as I will be riding in the MS 150 that weekend.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I wanna go. Never been up there and it will be much more difficult to make a visit after mid-July when I move to Michigan.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'd be down for it if I won't have to work (I might get a 3rd shift job).

I'd host it if my basement were done, but it's coming along very sloooooooow.

Desmond Delaghetto

How on earth do you say "Katraqueyous", anyway?
Sup fellas,

Is Genghis still around? Is it possible to ask to use his spot again if people liked it there before? Plus it would be cool to see him again, he's a good dude.

Plus, as far as tournaments, I'm more in favor of all just laid back casual gaming as always. Tournaments are stressful.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Haven't heard from Genghis in a long time. His place was pretty nice and fairly centrally located which is a bonus. Dunno if someone has his number or e-mail to see what's goin' on. I got the feeling last time that it stressed him out to have a lot of people sorta hanging out in his space. Still! It'd be worth checking out.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
i have to work all of those weekends. that is all.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Ghengis's number is:
Spoiler:

That might be old.

My place would be centrally located and on the busline but I have to get my basement done and get the classic game room up and running first. There wouldn't be enough room for everybody otherwise.

LordCollector

New Challenger
Wow, the MN gatherings are making a comeback. Wasn't the last one 2 years ago or something?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
While I'd think Memorial Day Weekend would be sweet, I think that's just too soon to set stuff up.

My family's planning some kind of vacation trip to LA this summer, but I'm not sure if that will be June or August (hence my iffy dates). As soon as I know I'll throw my details in here and we can get rolling.

aria

Former Moderator
That's good because Memorial Day weekend wouldn't work for me and I know others like to travel that weekend anyway.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Still haven't figured anything out but I figured I'd bump this thread before we lost any steam. Saw a review of Butcher and the Boar today in the strib and it reminded me how ashamed I am that I haven't been yet.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Still haven't figured anything out but I figured I'd bump this thread before we lost any steam. Saw a review of Butcher and the Boar today in the strib and it reminded me how ashamed I am that I haven't been yet.

Exactly. You be ashamed.

Kiel

20 Year Member

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Alright dudes!

June 23rd? Shall we aim for that date?

If not, I wasn't sure about June 16th because the 17th is Father's Day, but that also works.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am good for either, at least at this time. The sooner on the calendar the better.