Diablo 3

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So, how does the multiplayer work?

I know everyone is at a different level and all that. Do you just team up, choose a place and do a run-through? Does it affect your single player campaign?

So many questions.

There is no differentiation between Single Player and Multiplayer. It's all the same.

Someone is basically the host of the game, you join their game and play from whatever quest they've chose to start their game from. If you progress to a point in that game that you have not been to it's basically the same as if you had got there solo.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

I know everyone is at a different level and all that. Do you just team up, choose a place and do a run-through? Does it affect your single player campaign?

So many questions.

My buddy ran a friend of his through the entire game (he was in his 40s). Anybody can hop in your game and help you however much you/they want. The only downside is if they are high level, they will be one-shotting everything and you won't see much XP other than from quest turn ins (because you aren't killing much). Usually you're around 30 when you finish your first go-around in the game, and when my buddy's friend finished he was only 25. That's how much XP he missed.

If you ever need help, or just want somebody to hang with you in the game, shoot me a msg. I usually keep to myself unless somebody specifically asks me to join.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

So many questions.

It works out really good. If you've got friends on your friends list you can hop in and out of any game their in as you please. When you get loot only you see it. So feel free to grab everything you see. When I first got into a game with my friends I was leaving piles of cash wondering why nobody was grabbing them, but everybody gets their own loot. So if you get something good a friend might be able to use, let em' know and drop it.

The way it works is that whatever character you picks stays the same level. I kinda wish it worked like City of Heroes where everybody is the same level as the leader of the party, but it's like D2. Last night I decided to join a friend of mine that was a few levels higher, which was alright but I was getting beat up really bad, so hope you've got some extra gold to pay for repairs. When you play you'll help them beat their missions and you're rewarded with achievements for beating sections in a group, not as a solo act. You can jump right back into the previous chapters and finish them up yourself, so even though you'll steamroll through them you'll get the rewards.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
lol, you one shot Diablo on your first playthrough?

Yeah..I was a bit surprised myself. I mean, I actually died quite a few times on Act 4 (I'd rush in, or the Templar would rush in..lol.., and we'd get overrun with mobs), and on that one boss I mentioned that has all the minions with him dropping poison circles on the ground as they gangbang me(I think that's Act 4). But Diablo was fine. With healing potions, a self-heal available, and 1 healing well available, it wasn't a problem.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i like that i got up nice and early on my day off all excited to play and am greeted by the maintenance screen :tickled:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
i like that i got up nice and early on my day off all excited to play and am greeted by the maintenance screen :tickled:

I came home from work all excited to play. Found out there is an 8 hour wait until the servers are up again.

I started up my Skyrim game instead and found it very enjoyable.

I hope Diablo 3 can sort the issues out. I find it maddening that I can't play my single player game.

Luckily I have a million other games and books to read - this still SUCKS though.

Heath

, cheyne stoking
Must be just a problem over the pond has ive been on all morning without any issues.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, I found if servers are down for whatever reason that you can use international servers.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
level 12 Barbarian

very fluid gameplay

love the little touches like extra XP for chaining kills and destroying environments

can't wait to hop online with this

think i want to finish up Normal solo first

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I saw last night before I went to bed that they were doing weekly server maintenance. Knowing them it ran on longer then they usually say.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I dunno why, but it's not letting me add friends anyway. The "send" box just remains greyed out with or without the numbers. wtf

lions3

Igniz's Servent
anyone else playing barbarian? Just like WoW, I tend to like playing the tank for my first character.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
anyone else playing barbarian? Just like WoW, I tend to like playing the tank for my first character.

Barb is the only class I haven't tried yet, but all of my friends who have played one say they're a blast.

I haven't fallen in love with any of the classes yet. Right now I'm bouncing between the monk and demon hunter. Both are a lot of fun but I think Barb is my next class to test out.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I dunno why, but it's not letting me add friends anyway. The "send" box just remains greyed out with or without the numbers. wtf

i'll try adding you later

i'm off tomorrow so i'm hoping to get on this sucker after my errands

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
level 12 Barbarian
can't wait to hop online with this

Believe it or not, you already are online. You are playing a multiplayer game that isn't public. If you have added friends, you will see that they can just join your game.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I'm glad they're patching the exploits that allow for completely invulnerable inferno runs. If you want to easy mode your way through solo just keep playing normal over and over.

I have no idea how to respond to this. It's not like they deliberately made the spell for that. DH is an entirely support-based class and using SS to resurrect others, along with things like Aid Station, is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of the class. It seems you haven't actually ever played this class. In Inferno, DH dies in 1-2 hits, and basically needs a mercenary/other player taking the heat in order to actually survive through.

Edit: I guess I should point out that the text, currently claiming that Smoke Screen + Lingering Fog totals 5 seconds, is now incorrect as it doesn't last anywhere near 5 seconds any more.

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I have no idea how to respond to this. DH is an entirely support-based class and using SS to resurrect others, along with things like Aid Station, is the WHOLE FUCKING POINT of the class. It seems you haven't actually ever played Demon Hunter.

Oh, and since DH basically needs a mercenary/other player to actually survive through Inferno, solo doesn't come into the picture at all.

Edit: I guess I should point out that the text, claiming that the spell + Lingering Fog, is now incorrect, as it doesn't last anywhere near 5 seconds any more.

You're not familiar with the SS exploit people have been using to clear inferno solo? Why are you even commenting on any of this if that is the case?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Inferno isn't necessarily supposed to be beatable..so I hope they swoop down on any exploits.

Shame this game doesn't take as long to reach max level as say D2 does.

I have feeling this game is going to be supported with expansions (at least content patch/expansions - if not a boxed expansion) - I'm just not sure how a major content expansion would work given the story in the game.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Did they ever fix the Templar shield glitch? I made one of every character to try and I made sure not to touch the shield on the Templar when I was using the Hunter.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
You're not familiar with the SS exploit people have been using to clear inferno solo? Why are you even commenting on any of this if that is the case?

So because some people were exploiting the skill, nerf it so everyone using it normally suffers? Sounds legit.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
So because some people were exploiting the skill, nerf it so everyone using it normally suffers? Sounds legit.

This game is all about loot. So any exploit has to be nerfed pronto or see the AH's become worthless. Bliz has been doing the same thing for WoW for ages.