Diablo 3

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I liked the burning frogs because they explode, but you're right that you have to get up pretty close.

Did you enable Elective Mode?

Here is my current Skill Setup

4 Zombie Dogs + Sacrifice w/ Next of Kin is...amazing.

I've exploded 4 Zombie dogs and then 3 resurrected automatically. I blow them up and none resurrect, so I re-cast Zombie Dogs again to get 4 more dogs...Sacrifice them again...get two Dogs to resurrect, sacrfice those again...and by then anything I'm fighting has been dead.

It was hard for me to think of the dogs as a resource. I only Sacrifice on very large mobs or tough creatures, but it's damn well worth it.

Last edited:

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Witchdoctor ftw.

I'm a fan of the spiders myself. Between them and the AoE slow, you're pretty much an immortal kitter.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I switched back to using the spiders as well. You can throw them further and faster then the frogs. I just got the "Leaping Spiders" before they shut the servers off. I'll skip the exploding frogs and wait for the Frog Rain when I'm in my 20's.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I switched back to using the spiders as well. You can throw them further and faster then the frogs.

Yeah, you can also throw the spiders over mobs if you want to hit something behind them. The frogs will explode on anything in their way going to who you targeted. I hated that.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I like the firebomb because you can throw it on enemies much like you can throw the spiders on them. Leaping Spiders is a great upgrade over the stock spider. I didn't care for the Spider Queen (or the giant toad.)

What level y'all at?

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UeXdTh!bc!.aaa

Just hit 20 earlier tonight. Above is the current talent setup I have as a Monk. It's a rush in, deal the pain, got a heal on hand if I get trouble build..lol..I'm not through Act 2 yet.

I'm taking my time, exploring most if not all of the map, and trying to do whatever side events I can find (found one that was a timed treasure search in a dungeon..didn't make it..lol)...Also running with the Templar...Are all of you questing alone, or with a mercenary(if so, which one?)

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I just finished the first part of act 2 and am using a demon hunter. the scoundrel is my back up. usually set a trap and then back up and hammer things with the rapid shot, the snare mixed with a frozen bow is pretty nice combo to use as well

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm still in act one. I'm really taking my time and taking everything in. I also usually don't play for more than 30 minutes at a time. My buddy poopsocked through the game and had Diablo beat less than 24 hours after it was released. That just doesn't seem fun to me.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
poopsocked

can't believe i never heard this term before

awesome

anyway...

decided to finally get a gaming-worthy PC and this along with it

should be playing this bitch within the week

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I think my monk is 16, still in act 1. I'm enjoying the story so far. Played with a full group last night on a new character (Witch Doctor) with some friends. We just did up to the end of the beta. I like that the artisan levels are common between characters.

I'd rather play hardcore mode not knowing what is coming, so I may not go any further with my monk on normal settings. I'll probably finish act 1 though and then decide.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UeXdTh!bc!.aaa

Just hit 20 earlier tonight. Above is the current talent setup I have as a Monk. It's a rush in, deal the pain, got a heal on hand if I get trouble build..lol..I'm not through Act 2 yet.

I'm taking my time, exploring most if not all of the map, and trying to do whatever side events I can find (found one that was a timed treasure search in a dungeon..didn't make it..lol)...Also running with the Templar...Are all of you questing alone, or with a mercenary(if so, which one?)

My next class will definitely be the monk. Reading your skills sounds like fun, fun, fun!

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I started a Demon Hunter but I think I want to build a Barb next. Especially since WW is back and so is IK set, not that I'd expect to get those anytime soon.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
So a friend made the assertion Diablo III was like Borderlands mixed with Gauntlet. How correct is he, and if so I think I must get this game.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
That's pretty much what Diablo is. Dungeon crawling with tons of monsters like Gauntlet and shit tons of items like Boarderlands.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So a friend made the assertion Diablo III was like Borderlands mixed with Gauntlet. How correct is he, and if so I think I must get this game.

If you have a computer than can play it you need this game.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Hit level 22 today, made some good progress through act 2.

I am rather impressed so far. The scenery and graphics have really picked up about 1/2 way through act 1 and into act 2. The beta didnt really do the game justice, as that was the most bland portion of the game.

The boss battles have been much improved over D2.

They also did a great job with the visceral nature of the action. Tons of stuff to explode, break and knock down on enemies. The kills effects are also excellent, with dismemberment, flying body parts and splattered blood/guts.

I have played my fair share of diabloesque games over the last ten years, its nice to finally have a true sequel. Sacred 2, the ps2 baldurs gate games, torchlight were fun but they just were not diablo.

Also, I see socketed gems are back, I didn't even realize they were back in the game haha.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
HTons of stuff to explode, break and knock down on enemies. The kills effects are also excellent, with dismemberment, flying body parts and splattered blood/guts.

My favorite thing to do is exploding palm mobs into a mist of blood. So satisfying. I agree the graphics really pick up in the 2nd part of act 1, and act 2 is gorgeous so far. They really did a great job on the environment.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just beat Normal. Really enjoyed this a lot. A lot. An epic conclusion to the trilogy. Just wow. Story was really great, the lore you find and the conversations with the NPCs you can have really add to the richness of the game. I think Acts 1 and 2 were my favorite because of the tilesets and terrain. I beat Normal at level 32.

I did find myself switching my skillsets to fight bossses as a witch doctor.

Took 20 hours. I think the latter acts are shorter than the first two.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
So there doesn't seem to be a multi-equip option like D2 had. I got so used to using that type of system, hopefully they'll bring it back with an update.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I don't believe you can have two weapon sets this time around.

I started a new character (Monk) and got a rare (yellow) item drop even before I rescued Cain from the Cathedral. I was like level 6. I thought that was pretty badass!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm pretty underwhelmed that you can only have 10 active auctions at once.