Diablo 3

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It happened in the zone right before you fight Malthael (name escapes me). Real narrow areas and got caught by a waller/jailer/reflect damage/etc/etc/etc/etc. I was playing real stupidly, too. After a few hours you sort of go on auto-pilot and forget that you're even playing hardcore (at least I do). I have 3 other seasonal hardcore characters I'm working on now, so I'm going to (slowly) divide my time between them.

That's exactly the spot I lost three lvl 60+ HC characters. You get sloppy and next thing you know you're caught in a corner get pummeled. I feel for you Wes. :(

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Yeah autopilot can be a bitch. Most of my hc PoE characters are lost this way. It's happens usually after I get a nice power spike with a few new pieces of armor or weapon and think i'm invincible.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
It happened in the zone right before you fight Malthael (name escapes me). Real narrow areas and got caught by a waller/jailer/reflect damage/etc/etc/etc/etc. I was playing real stupidly, too. After a few hours you sort of go on auto-pilot and forget that you're even playing hardcore (at least I do). I have 3 other seasonal hardcore characters I'm working on now, so I'm going to (slowly) divide my time between them.
It is how my HC demon hunter died ... wallers with mortar and freeze. I normally have an acrobat skill there, but the freezing got to me.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
All is well. Got another monk to 70 already and working on paragons. Buddy PL'd my other seasonal hardcore characters to 60 and I'm working on his as well. Fuck leveling normally unless you absolutely have to..

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I started a mage for S2. Just normal as I don't feel like going through the pains of losing another HC character. I ran a hardcore mage when it was first released and ended up dying at lvl 69... I never had issues solo, but I started to play with someone and I didn't notice he went back to town. Then I encountered a mass of monsters.. A unique with horde, vortex, waller... Soooo yeah, I ended up getting walled, then pulled in, teleport out, pulled in, then completely surrounded to the point I couldnt move.

Still took him a long time to kill me, but with no backup and that mass of critters I was toast.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
And...I just got my third piece of the Marauder's set for my S2 DH. Rocking the 4 piece Bonus thanks to Ring of Royal Grandeur.

I have the Garrwulf chest piece so I get 3 wolf companions.

This shit is so awesome.

I also have Bombardier's rucksack.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
And...I just got my third piece of the Marauder's set for my S2 DH. Rocking the 4 piece Bonus thanks to Ring of Royal Grandeur.

This shit is so awesome.

Nice, dude.

I'm strictly HC this season. I've lost three wizards so far but my current is level 55 or so, so I am optimistic.

My mate found me a lvl 70 dagger with level reduce by 21 so I am completely destroying at the moment.

decypher

n00b
I'm strictly HC this season. I've lost three wizards so far but my current is level 55 or so, so I am optimistic.

My mate found me a lvl 70 dagger with level reduce by 21 so I am completely destroying at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had your patents to play HC. I get pissed off enough just dying, let along dying and having to start all over again. HC is just not for me. I would have broken keyboards and mice all the time.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member

This shit is so awesome.

I am still after rucksack, it has the lowest droprate of all the quivers so you lucked out with that one. Although, until you have the full set bonus I recommend using spines of seething hatred so that chakrams can be used as a generator. Odysseys end is pretty cool, but its tough to beat the damage of chakrams and the fact that your sentries still consider it a spender so they fire it also. Just something to mess around with if you haven't yet.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I am still after rucksack, it has the lowest droprate of all the quivers so you lucked out with that one. Although, until you have the full set bonus I recommend using spines of seething hatred so that chakrams can be used as a generator. Odysseys end is pretty cool, but its tough to beat the damage of chakrams and the fact that your sentries still consider it a spender so they fire it also. Just something to mess around with if you haven't yet.

My friend just got 3 piece Marauder today on his DH and his running it with Spines of Seething Hatred. Let's him spam Cluster Arrow pretty damn frequently. My character sheet DPS is almost 100k higher than his but I can tell he is putting out far more damage than me with only three sentries.

If I get that quiver I'll switch for sure until I get the 5 piece Maruader's.

I actually got the Rucksack from Kadala. A few days of only gambling for quivers. It's how I got 2 of the 3 pieces of Marauders I have. I got a 4th piece of marauders today actually, but my friend got his second so I gave him my 4th so he could have three and get the first sentry bonus.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yesterday my friend got 4 pieces of marauders and I found another 2. We both are rocking the 6 piece set bonus. I got a spines of seething hatred too, but I'm still using Bombardiers and gambling for a Kridershot.

What legendary gems is everyone using?

I'm using Band of the Trapped and Bane of the Powerful, at lvl 31 and 25 respectively. I need a socket on my amulet but it's just so damn powerful.

Should I use the gem that buffs pet damage?

My DH is all cold and my friends is lightning.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I am using BoT, Zei's and Gizzard (for high life regen). Life regen is useless in high grifts where you get one shot but for mid 30's grifts I like it. I am not a fan of the pet gem as it doesn't increase your damage at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
And...an Ancient Bombardier's Rucksack just dropped for me.

It's beast.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I feel like my DH wrecks T6 but I haven't yet completed a rift higher than 34. Need to try a 35.

After 35 is Unity really a necessity on both yourself and your follower (along with the follower can't die token?)

Heartkill

n00b
I feel like my DH wrecks T6 but I haven't yet completed a rift higher than 34. Need to try a 35.

After 35 is Unity really a necessity on both yourself and your follower (along with the follower can't die token?)

I'm in the same situation. 35 is the highest I can do solo. Once I step into 36 it's like hitting a brick wall.

The trinket that makes your follower invulnerable to death is really handy. I've been using the enchantress.

Rift_zpsgwggtdcx.jpg~original

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F4U57-6229/hero/59400321

Last day of season 2, looks like I won't get to Paragon 100 but I'm pretty happy with the current state of my HC Wizard. After rolling and losing four characters this season, this one finally stood her ground.

Got RRoG, and rocking full Firebird's! Only doing T2 but I'm fine with that, and with only a rare staff since pinging lvl 70.

I think I've wasted about 20 mil trying to roll 20% Fire dmg on my Strongarm Braces - I keep rolling 20% Lightning and Cold but no Fire. 18% is better than nothing I suppose.

I'm going to roll a Wizard again next season as I feel I've finally gotten used to them and they're fucking OP!

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I guess season 4 is over halfway over. I managed to complete the Guardian objectives so I can finally stop playing. The hardest piece for that, for me, was completing a torment 10 rift in under 3 minutes. Sitting at paragon 648 right now with no motivation to continue. I mained a monk this season since it seems to be good at everything.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Abjuration-1939/hero/66485213

aqGWYkF.png

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Is there anyone here that still plays the console version online at all (PS4 / PSN) ? I used to play the PC version mostly, but my graphics card took a dump and I haven't gotten a replacement yet. So I am playing the console version until then. It is kinda hard for me to find time to play online late at night but it is fun to do when conditions permit. If you do, add me on PSN (pitchblackice). Please send me a PM if you are adding me on PSN so I don't think it is some spam user.

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Darkening of Tristram is pretty cool, don't think I have the motivation to finish it by the end of the month though.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Darkening of Tristram is pretty cool, don't think I have the motivation to finish it by the end of the month though.

I ran it last night, it's only 14 levels and doesn't take too long. I love the look of it lol.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Interesting, I had no idea they released a special event for the 20 year anniversary. Makes sense though.

I may well reinstall this tonight.