Diablo 3

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I had no problems running through the game on Hard. I'm Wizard 70 now and paragon 24. I'm working on bounties now on hard. Do better drops occur on the higher difficulties like nightmare or torment, or iis a simply a matter of more monster density/life/damage? I know XP and Gold drops at a higher rate on harder modes, but what about the quality of drops with a level 70 char? Would it simply be a better idea to grind gear through the grifts instead? Last night, I finally experienced my first treasure portal from the goblin... pretty damn sweet to fight Greed and milk the goblins. Picked up boon of the hoarder too. Will have to start upgrading this gem in the grifts when I get to it. I like the adventure mode. Is there a challenge to clear all bounties in one session?
There should be a little info box when you're selecting the difficulty that tells you how much additional magic find you have in the Torment levels I think 6 is +1600%. There are special uniques that only start dropping at Torment difficulty and another subset that are only for season characters. My strat for gearing was amass like 50 grift keys and by then I had enough gear to do level 10 grifts easily and around then you usually get 1-2 uniques per grift. But sometimes none drop.

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
There should be a little info box when you're selecting the difficulty that tells you how much additional magic find you have in the Torment levels I think 6 is +1600%. There are special uniques that only start dropping at Torment difficulty and another subset that are only for season characters. My strat for gearing was amass like 50 grift keys and by then I had enough gear to do level 10 grifts easily and around then you usually get 1-2 uniques per grift. But sometimes none drop.

Hmmm, I only saw the +XP and +Gold find... maybe I was not looking very hard. I've been running bounties the last two days and collecting those rift stone pieces, I'm assuming it's 5 per key as they say in the game. I'm thinking of experimenting with the difficulty mode until I can no longer stand in front of mobs and fight them melee before I stay on the level and play. At hard level, I'm 1-hitting most enemies with the double damage bonus for massacres and can basically run through to the bounty challenge. This is even before I use black hole.

Right now, my +regen/sec and +regen/hit allow me to just be a statue and attack.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
You get the greater rift keys from within regular rifts. I think you're right I'm thinking of the +xp buff of 1600% at T6. But yeah you do find legendarys more often in the upper Torments, they just don't tell you how much for some dumb reason.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
You get the greater rift keys from within regular rifts. I think you're right I'm thinking of the +xp buff of 1600% at T6. But yeah you do find legendarys more often in the upper Torments, they just don't tell you how much for some dumb reason.

Awesome, now it's time to grind some gear to survive in the higher difficult levels, but I'm going to test my limit first.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Is there a challenge to clear all bounties in one session?

Edit: Can every equipment slot conceivably have a socket? Also, I haven't used the mystic yet to re-roll items. Some people are claiming that re-rolling can instead produce an open socket. Is this true?

Regarding the bounty question, it depends on which ones you get. Sometimes you get some "complete the cursed chest" ones which are only 1 wave. Some times you don't even have to fight any Act bosses. So the challenge really depends on which bounties are rolled.

No, not every slot can have a socket. No sockets in gloves, boots or belts... Maybe not bracers or shoulders either. And you can re-roll an item to add a socket, but you choose to replace an existing property. It isn't free either. It requires gold and also crafting ingredients. I haven't spent much time doing that but I have not yet gotten a socket. Pretty much you want to use the Mystic to roll sockets on rings and amulets. Those are what you can use the legendary gems in.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Regarding the bounty question, it depends on which ones you get. Sometimes you get some "complete the cursed chest" ones which are only 1 wave. Some times you don't even have to fight any Act bosses. So the challenge really depends on which bounties are rolled.

No, not every slot can have a socket. No sockets in gloves, boots or belts... Maybe not bracers or shoulders either. And you can re-roll an item to add a socket, but you choose to replace an existing property. It isn't free either. It requires gold and also crafting ingredients. I haven't spent much time doing that but I have not yet gotten a socket. Pretty much you want to use the Mystic to roll sockets on rings and amulets. Those are what you can use the legendary gems in.

And to roll a socket on your weapon so you can put an emerald in it for 'dat critical hit damage.

But really, rerolling is just a way squeeze out a little bit more power.

Most of the time you'll be rolling for socket, but on items like gloves, bracers, shoulders, and boots you can roll some pretty damn cool stuff.

One thing to note is that Item stats/abilities that have an orange diamond in front of them are NOT calculated on your character sheet DPS. But when you use those skills/abilities the damage is taken in to consideration. So stack up that elemental damage and skill damage modifiers!

EDIT: Right now I'm comfortably rolling in Torment IV. I'm not quite to the point yet where I'm steamrolling everything, indicating to me that I'm not yet ready to run Torment V. I could probably survive Torment V, however, I don't think it'd be very efficient or enjoyable.

I play Monk with my friend who is a Wizard, we've been able to do Greater Rifts recently up to about a 24 (IIRC) - we've still got along way to go. Fortunately both of us were finally able to get a legendary gem up to 25! A nice feeling there.

I hate doing a regular rift and not getting a keystone of trials...so lame.

Anyone rolling with a season characteR?

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Anyone rolling with a season characteR?

I rolled a Crusader this season. Currently sitting at Paragon 128 with full Akhan's w/ RROG. I can comfortably run Torment V on my own at about 670k dmg with Bane of the Powerful in use. I'm basically just trying to re-roll better set pieces at this stage and still looking for that Goldwrap belt to improve my gold find in combo with Boon of the Hoarder. A top ruby in my helm is definitely helping with my leveling progress.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Just one quick question for you guys.... does the bonus XP% stack with the quest/bounty bonuses? I jumped from expert level to torment 1 and found myself finally running around to avoid getting hit because of swarming damage. Even act I bosses take quite a long time (upwards of about 5 minutes) to defeat. I think I'm going to crank it down one level to master to run through and collect blood shards. I goofed and spammed them at kadala and quit out ... not knowing it would save first... was trying to get a legendary from gambling. What should I target first as a wizard if I'm going to gamble?

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I have a barb and Crusader in Seasons, however they are still running around in Normal. I only play a couple hours a day and spread it over all my characters. Since most of mine are in Standard, my seasonal chars do not get as much time.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just one quick question for you guys.... does the bonus XP% stack with the quest/bounty bonuses? I jumped from expert level to torment 1 and found myself finally running around to avoid getting hit because of swarming damage. Even act I bosses take quite a long time (upwards of about 5 minutes) to defeat. I think I'm going to crank it down one level to master to run through and collect blood shards. I goofed and spammed them at kadala and quit out ... not knowing it would save first... was trying to get a legendary from gambling. What should I target first as a wizard if I'm going to gamble?

Maybe a source? Rings?

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Maybe a source? Rings?
Was actually wondering if i should go with a weapon and spam for the socket so I could put in an emerald. Should I consider putting in a diamond for bonus elite damage instead? Wondering what people are doing with their weapons. Aside from the diamond, socketing gems into source and rings only give a stat bonus. I'm going to save the socket for those for the legendary gems I think as that would make more sense for additional bonuses.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Socket your weapon. Then drop the best emerald you have in your weapon. You'll want the critical hit damage.

You'll eventually want socketed rings so you can put Legendary Gems in them.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Socket your weapon. Then drop the best emerald you have in your weapon. You'll want the critical hit damage.

You'll eventually want socketed rings so you can put Legendary Gems in them.
Yeah, I've been splitting my gold among crafting the flawless imperial ruby and emerald, it's not cheap! I really want the ruby for the XP bonus since the paragon levels are starting to taking longer to achieve (currently paragon 55).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Paragon levels come decently with bounties, rifts, etc.

Getting gemmed up is crazy expensive. Boon of the Hoarder is almost necessary.

I was lucky enough to get to Greed's domain again last night on Torment IV. Threw on my gold find gear. I had a great time :)

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Paragon levels come decently with bounties, rifts, etc.

Getting gemmed up is crazy expensive. Boon of the Hoarder is almost necessary.

I was lucky enough to get to Greed's domain again last night on Torment IV. Threw on my gold find gear. I had a great time :)

I found one early, but have not spent any time in the rifts yet to get the gem level up. I spent about an hour trying to pry a decent legendary weapon from kadala last night, but kept getting "stuck pig" and other relatively useless weapons.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yeah your loot table was shit then. When that happens you're better off dropping and recreating.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
+100% Bonus to Gold Find and Exp

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16576901

this weekend, we invite you to take part in a celebration honoring these ancient ghosts of the fallen. All mortals who log in to Diablo III this weekend on any platform will receive a +100% bonus to Gold Find and EXP! As with previous buffs, the bonuses provided will stack multiplicatively with existing in-game bonuses, including those provided by items, shrines, Pools of Reflection, and Paragon points.
This bonus Gold Find and Experience period begins in the Americas region on Friday, October 31 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and ends on Monday, November 3 at 11:59 p.m. PST.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This bonus has been so nice.

Finally over Paragon 200!

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
This bonus has been so nice.

Finally over Paragon 200!

I picked up another 30 paragon levels (now 82). Also found the plans for Cain's gear so I have bonus XP and magic find, though I heard that it does not affect legendary drops that much? Anyway, I've been running Act I & IV bounties to farm the royal ring of grandeur but nothing useful has turned up so far. Hoping to get something out of these caches soon. Also picked up the mad monarch's scepter which i find as fun little weapon for crowd control on the easier levels as I run bounties.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I finally got a socketed amulet to put Boon of the Hoarder in. So fun... although it is a bit laggy.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I picked up another 30 paragon levels (now 82). Also found the plans for Cain's gear so I have bonus XP and magic find, though I heard that it does not affect legendary drops that much? Anyway, I've been running Act I & IV bounties to farm the royal ring of grandeur but nothing useful has turned up so far. Hoping to get something out of these caches soon. Also picked up the mad monarch's scepter which i find as fun little weapon for crowd control on the easier levels as I run bounties.

I'm pretty sure I got the RRG off a Cache doing Act IV bounties.

Torment IV though.

I feel like I'm close to being able to move up to Torment V. Torment IV has been pretty efficient for me at the moment.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I got another Royal Ring of Grandeur today.

I put it in my stash and realized I had another one already sitting in there :emb:

Act IV Bounties are your friend :D

I want a damn Avarice Band for my gold find setup.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
I got another Royal Ring of Grandeur today.

I put it in my stash and realized I had another one already sitting in there :emb:

Act IV Bounties are your friend :D

I want a damn Avarice Band for my gold find setup.

I have one of those actually... and I finally found a ring of grandeur last night too. Those caches are better opened in bunches I find. Opening one apparently is not good enough. Opening 10 up last night I found 6 legendaries, one of which was the RRoG. Now I have to find some of those legendary sets. Time to start playing on T2!! And thanks for mentioned gold find setup... I really need to keep items for specific goals (farming gold/equip, XP, etc). So far I've just put everything away that is legendary, I'll have to start filtering it out and salvaging them to enchant. Anyone use the puzzle ring at all ?