Diablo 3

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finally fought Greed. Only took a couple days of trying to hunt Goblins.

Was on T3 multiplayer with relatively low gold find - had about 1.5 mil and walked out with 28 mil - more importantly BOON OF THE HOARDER.

Suddenly upgrading all my gems to the final tier got a while hell of a lot less tedious.

My friend and I have been running The Ubers lately, trying to get hellfire rings/amulets.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Awesome, I still haven't gotten that gem yet. Been trying to do about 5 goblin runs a day and no more to keep me sane.

Started T6 bounties yesterday and man is it worth it, bag unique every time. Hoping to get a better grandeur ring but only got an off class one :(, great xp and gold though. Completed my 6pc Marauder and it gives me so much flexibility on gearing now. I'm running 5 Marauder and 2 Natalya's for an amazing amount of damage. I also found a decent Leoric's crown but stashed it in favor of the 3pc Natalya's

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Got a hellfire ring the other day. It's complete ass, even if I rerolled a stat it'd still be subpar.

Oh well, the increased experience bonus is nice. I'll use it as part of my gold find/leveling gear.

I did get a pretty sweet Stone of Jordan the other day. Just need to reroll a stat to get a socket.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Blizzard is giving console players a week long buff. From October 10th through October 17th, 360 & PS3 players get a 100% experience buff, while PS4 & XBone players have their Treasure Goblin spawn-chance doubled. Just the worst timing for me, personally. I was hoping to play through Tomb Raider this weekend, before The Evil Within is released on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Blizzard is giving console players a week long buff. From October 10th through October 17th, 360 & PS3 players get a 100% experience buff, while PS4 & XBone players have their Treasure Goblin spawn-chance doubled. Just the worst timing for me, personally. I was hoping to play through Tomb Raider this weekend, before The Evil Within is released on Tuesday.

Ah, that's what it was... actually, I'm seeing the treasure goblins spawn in twos now instead of just one. I just cleared the first 4 acts and started the fifth act. Playing as the wizard and stacking intelligence. Holy cow the hits hard with a 2 handed legendary weapon on normal. I basically stood in front of diablo and hit him with my arcane orbs/blizzard and mirror images. What sucks is that after I beat diablo, i went right to act 5... little did I know that all my items in my inventory are removed as I start the next act. sucks... was really looking forward to seeing what dropped from diablo.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ah, that's what it was... actually, I'm seeing the treasure goblins spawn in twos now instead of just one. I just cleared the first 4 acts and started the fifth act. Playing as the wizard and stacking intelligence. Holy cow the hits hard with a 2 handed legendary weapon on normal. I basically stood in front of diablo and hit him with my arcane orbs/blizzard and mirror images. What sucks is that after I beat diablo, i went right to act 5... little did I know that all my items in my inventory are removed as I start the next act. sucks... was really looking forward to seeing what dropped from diablo.

Sounds like a glitch, not getting your items.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I finally got 4 of the 5 items in Inna's set. Having the base effect of 4 mantras at one time is pretty awesome;.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm now using full Akhan's set thanks to RROG in Season with my Crusader. Absolutely blitzing.

I've got both rings socketed with unique gems (Bane of the Powerful at lvl 18 and Wreath of Lightning at base). I just can't get my Haunt of Vaxo socketed. I've spent about 10 mil upgrading topaz to roll the socket but no luck. I'll be popping Boon of the Hoarder in there when it does eventually roll.

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Sounds like a glitch, not getting your items.
It was. When I logged out and logged back in, I had everything back in my inventory. Still getting the double treasure goblins though. Tearing my way through the expansion right now. Levelling is quite easy in the expansion as the initial quests in the new area are plentiful and rewards plenty of xp.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I know, right!

Aannnd... I just got the socket! Holy shit, Boon of the Hoarder is OP. I made 1.5mil in two rift runs!

Now you need Kymbo's Gold and Goldwrap.

I have both.

I'm trying to build a fun gold find/gold as a resource build.

But seriously...gold wrap is crazy awesome with Boon of the Hoarder.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Now you need Kymbo's Gold and Goldwrap.

I have both.

I'm trying to build a fun gold find/gold as a resource build.

But seriously...gold wrap is crazy awesome with Boon of the Hoarder.

Excellent, I'll keep my eye out for both!

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Completed the campaign last night. Do you guys recommend running through adventures to level to 70, or just truck right through the campaign again at the higher level ?? Those end game quests gave some crazy experience!!! Was very disappointed with what Malthius give me for drops though. Was hoping the gear would be better. Great all around game, if I did not have a huge backlog, replaying this a several more times would be a no brainer, but am thinking I should trade-in and buy back later at a cheaper price.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
My method is to run through campaign (even tho it is annoying), then run the bounties for that difficulty. Also will run a rift for each act, then repeat at the next difficulty.

Double goblins is not unheard of. Blizzard has enabled it as a buff on PC just a short time ago. It lasted for less than a week.

EDIT: Blue confirmed:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14728823674

Last edited:

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
My method is to run through campaign (even tho it is annoying), then run the bounties for that difficulty. Also will run a rift for each act, then repeat at the next difficulty.

Double goblins is not unheard of. Blizzard has enabled it as a buff on PC just a short time ago. It lasted for less than a week.

EDIT: Blue confirmed:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14728823674

Thanks, I just ran through the campaign again in Hard mode... I guess the console version just assumes you start the campaign again with the next difficulty level if you start campaign mode again. I ran though the first four acts in 10 hours. Gonna try to finish the last act in 2 hours and then start running bounties since I am now level 68.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I significantly upped my power this weekend. Got a Royal Ring of Grandeur and The Crudest Boots. I'm a fire based monk and those boots allow you to have TWO mystic allies out at one time. Pick the Fire run for mystic ally and EACH mystic ally buffs your damage 10% (for a total of 20%) - so crazy. The RRG allowed me to reequip my depth diggers which boost my primary attack by 83% - I have another pair that boosts it by 91 but Im trying to roll sockets on it.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Thanks, I just ran through the campaign again in Hard mode... I guess the console version just assumes you start the campaign again with the next difficulty level if you start campaign mode again. I ran though the first four acts in 10 hours. Gonna try to finish the last act in 2 hours and then start running bounties since I am now level 68.

Maybe, PC version used to do this... I think it depends on what your character level is. Sometimes it will switch to the next difficulty, sometimes it won't. I haven't been able to determine the rhyme or reason. For example, you can beat Normal diff with a char that can't do squat in Hard... Even in early versions of the game, you could beat Normal at level 30 and get slayed in Act 1 Hard.* Nowadays, if you start a new char and run through Normal campaign, you'll be close to level 60.

*This is not necessarily a level problem. When the game was released, Act II Normal was brutal. They made the poison effects from monsters OP. Those flying insects that shoot the green poison bees (or whatever) would one hit kill just about anyone IN NORMAL. I'm glad they fixed the poison damage LOL.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What's the highest Greater Rift anyone has done? Did a 20 yesterday. I'll see how I fair on 21 tonight.

I'm close to being ready to tackle torment IV.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
My best solo grift is 30 best 2 man is 32. Arcane immunity is pretty much a must at that point as jailers 1 shot me :/.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
21 looks to be my max at the moment. Finished it with 15s or so to spare.

Bleh.

Got one of my legendary gems up to 23.

I'm trying to switch from a single 2-handed weapon to two 1-hand weapons.

Last edited:

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
A lot of it is RNG on what mobs you get and the density of the mobs. Pretty sure my record was a super dense with zombies and fallen.

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
Maybe, PC version used to do this... I think it depends on what your character level is. Sometimes it will switch to the next difficulty, sometimes it won't. I haven't been able to determine the rhyme or reason. For example, you can beat Normal diff with a char that can't do squat in Hard... Even in early versions of the game, you could beat Normal at level 30 and get slayed in Act 1 Hard.* Nowadays, if you start a new char and run through Normal campaign, you'll be close to level 60.

*This is not necessarily a level problem. When the game was released, Act II Normal was brutal. They made the poison effects from monsters OP. Those flying insects that shoot the green poison bees (or whatever) would one hit kill just about anyone IN NORMAL. I'm glad they fixed the poison damage LOL.

I had no problems running through the game on Hard. I'm Wizard 70 now and paragon 24. I'm working on bounties now on hard. Do better drops occur on the higher difficulties like nightmare or torment, or iis a simply a matter of more monster density/life/damage? I know XP and Gold drops at a higher rate on harder modes, but what about the quality of drops with a level 70 char? Would it simply be a better idea to grind gear through the grifts instead? Last night, I finally experienced my first treasure portal from the goblin... pretty damn sweet to fight Greed and milk the goblins. Picked up boon of the hoarder too. Will have to start upgrading this gem in the grifts when I get to it. I like the adventure mode. Is there a challenge to clear all bounties in one session?

Edit: Can every equipment slot conceivably have a socket? Also, I haven't used the mystic yet to re-roll items. Some people are claiming that re-rolling can instead produce an open socket. Is this true?

Last edited: